Status: 1st installment in the 'An Open Mystery' series

An Open Mystery:The Vow of the Bright Light

Nineteen: Graduation and Good-byes

Months went by and they hadn't heard anything from Shelandria. Or anything about Arubia. It was troubling, but they couldn't dwell on that little fact. Today however, was college graduations. It had been a long time coming and they were shaking from anticipation in their seats. Four years done. Four complete years of their lives gone just like that. In the blink of an eye.

"Family and friends we give you our 2015 college graduates. Hopefully they don't get to drunk while celebrating." The crowd laughed at the deans corny joke and everyone was dismissed. They ran to find their friends and hugged them closely.

"I can't believe we finally graduated." Said Cynthia followed by a nervous giggle.

"I can't believe, we're finally twenty one. Damn it! We can finally legally drink we won't be around much longer." Joked Austin. They all laughed and turned only to see all of their parents headed their way. Sam and Karma had graduated a few blocks away, completing their ceremony a few hours before them, so it wasn't surprising. When they approached it was Austin's mom who spoke.

"I guess now is the best time to tell you all this, this isn't the first time we're meeting. We met each other on the day of your adoption. We were all there to pick you up and take you home. It was the strangest thing ever, you were all in one bed , holding hands and sleeping peacefully. You didn't want to let each other go at all. The nurses said you were all like that since they found you in the waiting room, not letting go what-so-ever. No matter what they tried, you just wouldn't let each other go. You hung onto each other for dear life. It was the cutest, yet strangest thing you'd ever see. We talked and debated on whether or not to separate the four of you. The thing is two of us didn't live in the area. It wasn't until about two years ago when those two came back. I'm amazed that you've found each other again, but I have to admit I don't understand it. You were babies. How do you remember each other? How did you find yourselves back together? Why did you find yourselves back together? For you two eighteen years of not knowing each other. For you two twenty years of not known each other. Over a course of a few months and you're again inseparable. Clinging to each other for life, refusing to let each other go. I don't get it and I don't expect to. I do know however, that this is goodbye and possibly for forever. These were given to us to give to you when you were adopted. The instructions said to wait until you were all back together and twenty-one. We never thought we'd see each other again. I guess we were wrong. Here you go, and we love you." They stared at their parents before taking the envelopes and opening them.

The four lines of royal blood has finally come together and are now of age to come back home. We have been waiting for you. Head Wizard/Prince, Sam. Head Witch/Princess, Karma. Head Guided Warrior/Prince, Austin. Head Guided Warrior/Princess, Cynthia. We'll be waiting for you.


They all stared at each other opened mouth. They knew they were apart of the royal lines , but they had no idea they were princes and princesses. They hug their makeshift parents goodbye and stood their in silence processing all the new information.

"In charge of our own people and the people as a whole. Now it makes sense."breathed Austin.

"Princes and princesses, never would've guessed." Chimed in Sam as the rest nodded in agreement.

"Well if we're done with the surprises for the day." Spoke Austin as he grabbed Cynthia hand.

"Well not quite." She laughed as Karma did to. They looked at each other and smiled.

"Oh no!" Groaned Austin. He wasn't sure he could handle anymore surprises.

"Austin, I'm sure if we run now we won't hear a thing they say." Whispered Sam taking a few steps back.

"Mind control Sam, we'd be rooted before we can even turn around." Laughed Austin as Sam mumbled a 'damn it' under his breath.

"Fine. What's the other surprise?" Asked Sam sighing in the defeat. They both opened their gowns and underneath were shirts the said best friends which where pointing to them. Then it said future best friends which were pointing to their stomachs. Both of their mouths dropped before turning and running away.

Cynthia and Karma laughed before following them. In bright daylight they were levitating themselves and shouting 'whoohoo' 'yes!' And 'congrats buddy' to each other. After a good thirty minutes , finally exhausting themselves they headed to the deli and got ready to head to the ceremony. Their bond was complete, they had each other, Karma and Cynthia were both pregnant, they graduated (even though it meant nothing now), they got all their bagdes, and they were heading home to meet their actual parents. What more could they want?
♠ ♠ ♠
One more chapter, maybe two depending on how long it is. Then book one is complete.