Status: 1st installment in the 'An Open Mystery' series

An Open Mystery:The Vow of the Bright Light

Twenty:Ceremony of Truths

They stood in the center of the deli taking one last look around. It was truly a bittersweet moment.

"I can't believe it, but I'm actually going to miss this place."said Austin in a sad voice.

"What will happen? Like how are our disappearances going to be explained?" Asked Cynthia looking at her mate and friends.

"They will fake our deaths. Our parents think were taking a road trip. However we won't be in the car. Some accident prone elves will be. Don't worry though they won't be hurt. They'll drive into heavy traffic and then abandon the car last minute as they head into their portal home."explained Sam.

"Oh thank you great Wizard knowing all things of Arubians and their ancestors."joked Austin earning a slap upside the head from Sam.

"How do we get to the ceremony?" Asked Karma.

"We just say that we're ready to go and a portal will show."

"Is the ceremony in Arubia?"

"No. Its held here, but there's a barrier that keeps out non-magical beings. It has this disguise also, but I don't know what that is."

"Man, I'm really gonna miss this place. I've had the popular life from head start till the end of my college life. How can you not like that? I got along with everyone, and rarely ever had any problems with others. It was here that I found the love of my life." Chimed in Austin.

"I was the quiet girl here. Always the quiet girl. The quiet girl that had a way with words and could paint a picture with the way she formed a sentence. I've never had any friends, I was too much of a good for them. I kept to myself , but was still tormented every now and then. I hated high school, but if it wasn't for being that shy timid little girl, I might not have met the love of my life. Admittedly we were a few years later then anyone else, but I think I had to at least try to come out of my shell before we met. Otherwise I would've hated myself and hated us as an whole. I wouldn't want that." Smiled Cynthia as Austin wrapped his arms around her from behind and kissed her cheek lightly.

"I can't believe this still to this day. I was known as the bad boy. The absolute player. Girls threw themselves at me, but they never lasted more then a few days barely a week. Being with them just never felt right and the older I got, the more wrong it felt. Then I met Skylar, and I tried to make it work. I really tried to force myself. It went for three months. Three entire months, and then I met a girl that changed everything. Changed everything within me. I no longer felt like I had a black cloud following me everywhere I went. She made me smile. She made me feel like life was worth living. As I told you guys before I knew from day one that she was the one I was going to marry." Sam smiled as he looked at Karma with nothing but love in his eyes.

"I was always the oddball. The little weirdo. The girl everyone ran away from. Unique as hell and filled with so much joy and energy. All I wanted was to help people. I think I tried a little to hard and came on a little too strong. Even working at the grocery story the only time I heard a thank you was when I was saying it to myself. It was like people just knew I was different and possibly dangerous. They just wanted to get as far away from me as possible. Until one day a random eighteen year old boy came up to and asked to take me to lunch minutes before breaking up with his girlfriend. I found out that day why people hated me, I hated myself. Sometimes I still do, but if it wasn't for three of the most amazing people I know I doubt I would still be here. I doubt I would be accepting myself and all the things I can do right now. I have you all to thank for that and I wouldn't have it any other way." She tried to wipe away the tears from her eyes, but they still just kept coming. The rest of them walked together for their last group hug on Earth.

"I love you guys." They said simultaneously before bursting into a fit of laughter. They stood side by side hiking their bags on their shoulders as they said their final goodbye.

"We're ready to go." They breathed. Seconds later they're stepping through the portal they attire changing as soon as they're all the way through. Karma wearing a purple ball gown that was tight down to the waist and flowed freely down to floor. The top of her back was out as the straps were tied around her neck. She wore a purple corsage. Sam wore a simple all black tuxedo with a shirt, tie , pocket handkerchief and little flower that matched the purple of Karma's dress. Cynthia wore a beautiful shade of green. It too was tight in the waist before freely flowing to the floor. Her dress held one strap and tied over her left shoulder, and a green corsage. It seemed to sparkle under the light. Austin wore a simple white tuxedo with a shirt, tie , pocket handkerchief and little flower that matched the green of Cynthia's dress.

Karma wore a gold necklace with a 'w' at the end of it. Her gold earrings weren't too different. Her right wrist was covered in gold bangles. Her left wrist was covered in one gold and purple bangle that all the witch warriors wore. It took the shape of two snakes, one gold the other purple, as the wrapped up her forearm to her elbow where there both face a 'w'. It was her marking. Showing she was the princess.

Cynthia wore a necklace that held a green left made from gold and painted green and gold spirals. Her earrings dangling from her ears were a simple 'GW'. Her left wrist were covered in gold bangles. Her right wrist was covered in one bangle that also stopped at her elbow. It was all four elements intertwined with each other as they wrapped around her forearm , encircling the 'GW'. Her mark. As for Sam and Austin it was something simple. Sam had an 'W' on the side of his neck and Austin had a 'GW' on the side of his neck. Sam, like Karma, had two snakes, one in black ink and the other in blue, as they met at his mark. Austin, like Cynthia, has the four elements encircling his mark. Karma hair was curled and pinned to the side of her head. Cynthia's hair was pinned back and straightened as it hung down her back. A few curled pieces framing her face. Sam and Austin's hair was pulled back into tight low ponytails.

"I've said it once, I'll say it again, this is badass." Laughed Austin taking in his appearance as well as the others.

"Where are we suppose to sit?" Asked Karma as they all looked around.

"I'm just guessing here, but I'm guessing over there." They all looked towards where Austin was pointing to four thrones. One Blue, one yellow, one green and one purple. The blue and purple held 'W's' and the yellow and green one held 'GW's'. Behind them sat eight thrones all of which were occupied.

"Guys this is it." Said Cynthia. Together they took a step forward making their presence known. The hall grew silent before being filled with whispers. They continued to step forward until they were directly in front of their parents. Just like that memories flashed rapidly through their minds. They had always been there. Always looking over them. As teachers, security guards, babysitters and so many more. Tears were filling their eyes as they ran and hug their parents finally feeling like they were at home. They're parents hugged back with as much force as possible. Finally, it was time to start the ceremony. They sat on their thrones and felt as crowns formed on top of their heads. They looked at each other and laughed. Each crown having a jewel in the middle of it the same color as their thrones.

"Young princesses and princes, we're glad to have you returned home and safe. We couldn't be more proud." Came Shelandria's voice from out of thin air. They looked around and saw her slowly approaching them. Only she didn't look like she had when she came to them. She wore a black fitting gown, her hair raven black, and large black wings grew from her back.

"Leave them be!" Yelled another voice. Helandrix approached from basically thin air also. You could hear the collective gasps as the faced each other.

"Dear brother, what are you doing here?" She asked in a sweet voice. He stepped into view and you could see the truth. His tux was a pure yellow. His hair white and huge white wings grew from his back.

"Exposing you! The truth is revealed. You can change the color of you're appearance, but you're wings will always be as black as death. You've spread rumors about me dear sister for 300 years. I wasn't the one who lost my mate, you were. I didn't lose my child, you did. I didn't get past over as gaurdian, you did. I had to go into hiding because you tried to kill me. I'm full guardian now. I'm immortal and for the moment so are they. You're bitterness will go no further than this. I thought you would've understood that you couldn't stop them when they completed the journey to our home and birthplace. They defeated the ones that have turned, even with all the false advice you gave on getting through. What you don't get is that they are the strongest and the prophecy say they will destroy you. Once and for all."

In the blink of an eye Shelandria and Helandrix were fighting.

"Get them to Arubia!" He yelled to their parents just as Shelandria sent a death spell towards them. They were gone before it even hit. They stood they're shocked. This entire time Shelandria was the bad guy. No wonder she withheld information.

"So anything else?" Asked Austin's mom. He rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled nervously.

"Um...you're gonna be grandparents and there's an even bigger target on our backs because of it."

"Only an immortal can kill a guardian, full or not. Right bow you four are the best we have against Shelandria. As for now rest. Tomorrow, we tour. Our children you are home." Said Sam's mother. They all sighed and looked at each other. As much as they hoped, they should've known their mission was never over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally! Book one is complete. The truth is out. How many of you figured she was the bad guy? Don't know when ima start Book Two, but it might not be until the new year.