Status: 1st installment in the 'An Open Mystery' series

An Open Mystery:The Vow of the Bright Light

Four: Big Waves and Fallen Trees

The atmosphere the next day had slightly changed. Usual the room seemed to be bright and exciting, however, it felt gloomy and draining today. It also felt like a storm was approaching. It was weird. Austin sat there in a silent debate about whether or not he would get up and go over to her today. She would never come to him, and they had a small, but actual conversation yesterday. He wanted to converse with her again, but had a feeling he would be giving off the wrong vibe.

He stole another glance her way, before taking out his drawing pad and began to outline her face. Little did he know as he snuck glances at her she was doing the same. Pulling out her journal she began to write.

She wonders why he doesn't come to her that day. She can feel the pull of their energies eager to collide. Can he feel it too? Or is it all in her head? Should she be the one that interacts today? She desperately wants to, but something is telling her not too. After her conversation with her parents last night she begins to wonder. Does she loves this beautiful stranger with the sea of blue eyes that traps her every time? They've barely spoken to each other, how could they possible be in love?

He's watching her curiously. Wondering exactly what it is she could be writing. His minds begins to wander at all the possibilities of an artist and an author. Making himself focus once again he looks at his picture and realize that its almost done. At least with her face. A little shading left and to color her eyes that beautiful, soft green color that he loves. He takes out his green color pencils and glances at her wishing he were looking into her eyes instead of drawing them. Finally picking the solid green he begins to color them.

"Is that me?" Speaks a heavenly voice beside him making him jump nearly twenty feet in the air. He turns to face her and sees that her green eyes have a golden hue around them. He smiles and breaks the contact before he begins to get lost again. Grabbing his golden yellow color pencil he begins fill in the spaces he missed. Going over everything twice before grabbing his sharpie and out lining the drawing. Going heavy around the eyes so that they would pop.

"Are you ignoring me again?" She asked unable to hide the hurt in her voice.

"I'm not ignoring you Cynthia, I just tend to focus when I'm drawing. Now that I look at it, I just it is a picture of you." He said and could see a smile forming on her face out of the corner of his eye.

"Is it finish?" She asked hopefully.

"Not yet."

"Well I'll let you continue. I don't want to be a bother." She said and she gathered her thing and prepared to move. He was quick to grab her by her arm to stop her. The simple contact sent an hot energy emanating from them both. The looked at each other and what the saw in each other eyes shocked them. The sea was no longer calming. The waves were high and slapping against each other as the rushing water pushed them hard. The green meadow was dead. The grass was brown and dried out. The trees hollow and falling over. The flowers were cut and trampled. No longer able to smell their sweet fragrance.

"You're not a bother." He said quickly retrieving his hand. She sat back down, but they never broke their gaze as they fell into a silence.

"What the hell was that?" She whispered angrily knowing that he'll understand.

" I don't fucking know. I just don't know." He replied as he went back to drawing and she continued with her writing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really liking this and I hope you are too.