Status: 1st installment in the 'An Open Mystery' series

An Open Mystery:The Vow of the Bright Light

Five: An Unbreakable Bond and An Indescribable Love

By the end of the day neither of them knew what to make of their eye contact in class. They both figured it had something to do with their emotions. The first time they touched, they were happy and it was like little fireworks were shooting from their fingers. This time, however, this time was something unusual. He knew he was a little upset earlier, but was she? She had to be. She used a swear also. Or maybe it was the strangeness of the situation that caused her to swear.

He leaned against the side of the building as he waited for her small frame to emerge from the doors. He had somewhat of a plan and he needed to put it into action. Whether she'd run off screaming or embrace it with a open mind he didn't know. She couldn't get her mind off of it. It was so strange. She had touched other boys before, she had looked into other boys eyes before.

Never had she ever experienced something so intense, yet warm and welcoming. It was something new. Leaving out the side door, not feeling the need to be bothered by the sea of students outside, she noticed him looking as if he was searching for someone. That someone she knew was her. Trying to stop the smile she felt creeping onto her face, she began to walk over to him.

"Looking for someone Austin?" She spoked in her sugar sweet voice as she stood behind him with a small smile.

"Um..." He started scratching the back of his head. "I-I was actually looking for you."

"I had a feeling you were." She admitted shyly as she looked at her feet. He used his thumb and index finger to grab his chin forcing her to look at him.

"I want to try something, but first I want to know if you're okay with it." He explained.

"It depends." She replied barely over a whisper. Her body suddenly a bundle of nerves as the blood rushed to her cheeks making her blush violently. The butterflies went swarming as she somehow knew what it was he wanted to try.

"I want to kiss you. Twice. Once with our eyes closed. Another with them opened. Are you feeling any different since earlier?"

"Just slightly confused and a little happy. Confused about earlier, happy about now."

"Why?" He said reaching out to put a loose strand of hair behind her ear, but thought it best not too.

"If I'm honest, every since earlier I've been wanting to kiss you also." He couldn't help the smile that took over his face. It faded as he realized that touching her with his thumb and index finger did nothing. No kind of reaction at all was given.

"Which do we try first? Open eyes or closed?"

"Closed. Even though I love your deep sea blue eyes. I think it's better to try closed first. Also, let's try it without touching. I noticed that when you grabbed my chin nothing happened. I wonder if that's because it wasn't an open hand touch."

"Are you nervous?" He asked cutting her off with a smile.

"Maybe. Why?"

"You're rambling a bit."

"Oh."

"If you don't mind me asking, why are you so nervous?"

For a moment she hesitated to answer. After serious contemplation she thought it best to just come clean.

"I've never been kisses Austin. I'm not even sure I know how to kiss, but I want to find out this mystery just as much as you do."

"I'm flattered." He spoke honestly. "Since this is your first time I'll keep it simple. After all I don't want to make uncomfortable in any way."

"Thanks Austin." She whispered looking at the ground with a smile.

"No problem Cynthia. Just close your eyes and lean in." She did as told. Just as their lips were about to touch he closed his eyes also. It was a simple kiss. Much like it had been when she placed her hand over his. A few sparks flee and the butterflies swarm. They couldn't help wanting more as they pulled away.

"Open eyes now?" She asked as he nodded his head yes a little speechless from the simple action. "Touching also?" She included nervously. Once again he nodded his head yes. A bit eager to get his lips on hers again. This time it'll be so much more intense. This much he knew, but he had no idea what he was in for and neither did she.

No way of preparing themselves at all. He allowed his fingers to get tangled in her hair as she brought up her left hand to caress his cheek. His left hand was places on her lower back as her right hand played with the hair on the back of his head. They both took a step closer to each other feeling the heat and sense of fulfillment as they finally looked each other in the eyes.

Both too afraid to speak relished in what they loved most. Her breath was once again stolen as she swam effortlessly in the sea if blue that was his eyes. He let the wind wrap around him in a warm embrace as he laid in the meadow of green that was her eyes. Her sea was once again calming and his meadow was once again alive and full of life.

As they leaned towards each other the sea and the meadow began to spin. Slowly becoming one. Only slowing down when their lips finally touched. A surge of warm, misty air spread through them as the butterflies broke through and the fireworks exploded. They could see water surrounded by land. They could smell the fresh air. Hear the happiness of the animals. They could taste the newness if the feeling. They could feel the heat and excitement of each others touch, and they wouldn't have it any other way.

When land and sea combine a bond like no other is formed. An indescribable love begins. One that no one will ever understand. One that doesn't need words, only actions. One that is Earth within itself. Begins hot and ends cold. When the heat of the lava met the coolness of the water life began.

They stood there staring at each other moments after pulling away saying nothing, bit containing a smile on their faces.
♠ ♠ ♠
By far the longest and sweetest chapter. I really hope I earned a comment or subscriber or something with this one. Hope you enjoyed...