Status: 1st installment in the 'An Open Mystery' series

An Open Mystery:The Vow of the Bright Light

Six: Mind Control, Floating, Air and Fire

The next day she woke up at her usual time and went for a run. The entire she kept thinking about how nice it would be for Austin to meet her at her locker with lilies. She wanted him to meet her there with her favorite flowers. She wanted him to miss her. It was such a powerful feeling that she almost felt like she was controlling him from a distance, but that was bizarre. That much she knew. Finally finishing her run and taking a quick shower she got dressed and headed off to school. Even though she was smiling on the inside, it didn't show on the outside. She reached the hall where her locker was and stopped in her tracks at what she saw. Austin was standing there with LILIES. He somehow knew she was right there. Turning around he handed her the flowers and smiled. They were still a fair distance away from each other. They both reached out as they exchanged the flowers from his hand to hers.

"Would it be weird if I said I missed you already?"

"Seeing as we aren't dating, kinda. If I'm honest I missed you also." They stood their smiling at each other before he pulled her into a hug. She felt like she was floating in midair as he began to wrap his arms around her, then it all clicked into her head.

"How did you know where my locker was? Never once in four years have we passed each other in the halls. Also, how did you know that I liked lilies?" Her words were coming out so fast that he had to place his hand over her mouth to calm her. Instantly a hot wind wrapped around them. He removed his hand quickly. Unsure of what to make about the contact."I don't like when people do that." she explained wiping off her mouth.

"Noted. To answer your questions, I don't know. One minute I'm showering, next I'm rushing out to buy flowers. I don't even like those fucking things. Lilies that is. Anyways, next thing I know I'm standing here and waiting for you. It was like you knew I was coming, and I was expecting you to be here. Besides I'm never here this early. It's only us in this damn hallway for fucksakes." He explained wiping his hand over his face in frustrated confusion. None of this was making sense. He didn't even know her like that and yet he was bringing her flowers and waiting by her locker. That was something he never did. Not in past relationships. Not ever. He was getting more frustrated and even more confused at the realization that none if this was adding up. He hated feeling clueless.

"In a way I did." she said and his eyebrow shot up in an instant. The bizarre thought that she snuck into his house and hypnotized him in his sleep quickly flashing through his mind. He couldn't help laughing at his self. She didn't even know where he lived."I mean I went on my normal run this morning and I was kind of hoping that you would...you know. Sorry."

"So basically, you've been manipulating my mind. Great! fucking great! The one girl that I could possibly like is looney. You actually believe you can fucking manipulate people's mind. Are you crazy?"

She felt as her brows furrowed in anger at his insinuation. She couldn't help, but feel insulted at his negative comeback. To think for a moment she actually like him. To think that she didn't freak out like she wanted to when he lifted her off her fucking feet. He actually had the audacity to mock her. To fucking be the hypocrite he was. Calming herself down she decided to give him a wake up call.

"I'm not fucking looney. If you hadn't been paying attention, you just fucking levitated me into your arms. How do I know? Why didn't I react? I was to shock from this fucking grand gesture to even freaking move. Not to mention that I was scared out of my fucking mind cause my feet wasn't touching the ground. You think I'm looney because I you think that i think that i manipulated your mind this morning, something that I didn't know I could do until now. Something that I never even said or believed until now. You just lifted me off my fucking feet. Which you didn't fucking notice you hypocrite, and instead of walking away or better yet running, I'm still here." He had to admit she had a point. He hadn't been paying attention to what was going on. At the moment he was just happy to see her. He really did miss her. Even through it all he never once wanted to walk away, and he could tell that she wasn't going to at any point either. Something was keeping him here. Something stronger and more powerful then either of them could possibly imagine. Some kind of mysterious force was gluing them together, and it all started when he looked into her eyes.

"You're right, I'm sorry." He admitted in a defeated tone. Her little speech had him feeling like an incompetent asshole. A feeling he didn't like.

"No harm. Like I said yesterday I want to uncover this mystery just as much as you do." She admitted stepping closer to him and pulling him into a hug. He burried his face into her air and inhaled deeply. She smelled like strawberries.

"How about skipping class and going out to the secluded area to discover more?" He spoke into the silence.

"If you promise to keep your hands to yourself?" She teased pulling away from him and blushing slightly.

"Nope." he laughed as she stared at him. Before long he was agreeing to not only keep his hands to himself, but carry her bag also. It wasn't until they got to the secluded area that he realized what happened. In a fit of rage at the realization he hadn't noticed the fire coming out of his fingertips. That literally just had a conversation about this and she was already abusing the little bit of trust they had manage to make. He was made and about to retaliate. That was until she began to back away with fear in her eyes.

"Oh my fucking gosh." she mumbled oblivious to what was going on around her. In a state of panic and fear, she began wishing that the wind would blow, even though the air was dry. She wished she had a way to put him out. He stared as her hair whipped around her and blew the floral dress she was wearing against her.

"You can control the wind around you." he stated more then questioned as he began to calm down. His confusion growing again as he realized she could do more then manipulate his mind.

"Are you kidding me? You are not going to criticize me when you yourself just had fire coming out of your hands. Is there more you aren't telling me about?" She accused.

"I could say the same to you." He said throwing the accusation right back at her.

"I never even knew this was something I was capable of." She admitted shyly.

"Neither did I." He said as they stared at each other. Neither one attempting to touch each other, even though they wanted to. Instead they just stares into each other eyes from a distant. His meadow wasn't the same anymore and neither was her sea. Now they could see the magic surrounding it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter rewrite. Sorry for the confusion.