Status: 1st installment in the 'An Open Mystery' series

An Open Mystery:The Vow of the Bright Light

Eight: The Vow of the Bright Light

The shop was quieter then ever. It usually had people filing in and out of the place. Some sitting down to eat, others leaving in a rush. Karma liked to believe that was because they couldn't wait to sink their teeth into their sandwiches. Sandwiches that she made personally. She liked to watch the customers closely. If they were were stressing, she liked to calm them. If they were impatient, she gave them a little patience. All with the bite of a sandwich. It always kept them coming back for more. However they had at least three customers max today.

"I don't get it Sam, why hasn't anyone come in today?" She whined as the young gentlemen she believed to be her better half came from the back room.

"Karma relax. Pay attention to that inner glow that you have inside of you."

"You know I don't like that inner glow Sam. I don't like any if this." She said as she angrily wiped the counter before her. She knew where this conversation was going and she hated that it always ended up there.

"Babe, we have to accept what we are and what we can do." He laughed a deep chuckle as he wrapped his arm around her waist before pulling her closer and kissing her cheek. She couldn't help the smirk that took over her face as she giggled and tried to push him away. The warm fuzzy feeling she got when they were in close proximity started to form in the pit of her stomach. The longer they stayed like the further the fuzzy feeling began to spread.

"Sam I accept what I can do, mostly because it comes as naturally as breathing. I just don't like what I am. Like come on witches didn't exist before I met you and now I'm wondering what the hell else is real. This shit has gotten me rereading all children's book." The snort that came from Sam was one that quickly turnt into a laugh. One from the stomach that shook his whole body for a few moments. "What's funny?" She asked quirking her eyebrow as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Nothing. Just an inappropriate thought. I know fully well just how much you accept what you can do."he said with a wink as she blushed a deep red. "Besides if you weren't what you are, then they'll be no us. Is that what you really want?" He asked seriously. Immediately her eyes shot up to meet his, understanding what he thought she meant. She felt bad as she watched the magic in his eyes die with despair.

"I love that I met you Sam. I love everything that has transpired between us, but sometime I wonder what will be of us if we were normal. We would we still be this in love or is this the effect of the damn connection."

"Once a wizard has found his witch, there is no turning back. For his powers are greater with hers. Together they are one." He recited easily. She huffed as she rolled her eyes knowing that he was right. "Look into your inner glow Karma and understand why today has been a slow day."

She did as told making sure they were completely alone first. "Inner glow shine bright and slow. Show me of today's mystery and let it go." She flung her arms out in front of her as she finished the simple spell. Before her she in the rather large orb she could see two teens around the same age as her and Sam. The same type of connection that they shared that bind that held them together.

"Is that?"

"The guided warriors. It's finally time." Karma couldn't help the amount of happiness she felt overcome her. It was time for them to met the pair that would complete them as a whole. The kind of bond that was their for life. One that would be unbroken. Together they said the words they been waiting to say.

"Together as one. Brothers and sisters of a kind. Hear my voice as these words ring out.Come to us so that we will be a whole, and fulfill of what will be our destiny. To defend the world." They felt the power of the words as a bright light almost blinded them. They had no idea what this was the beginning of. They just couldn't wait to meet the guided warriors and their life-long friends from this point on.

~~~~~


"I can't believe I let you talk into going to see an animated movie."laughed Austin as they headed out the movie theater with still half a bucket of popcorn. "But I'm glad you did, even though we didn't get to make out."

"I can tell seeing as you cried like a baby."she teased purposely ignoring his last comment with a roll of her eyes.

"I thought Bayamax was dead. How was I suppose to know that Hiro would revive him?"

"Geesh, I would've thought after five months some of my intelligence would've rubbed off on you. He didn't revive him Austin. He remade him. It was a touching moment for him." She explained placing her hands on her hips in an angry stance. Austin bit his lip to try and hold back a laugh from her defensive posture over an animated movie.
"Babe, your right I'm a idiot." He said as they left out the theater into the harsh cold. He wrapped his arms around her from behind as they stood on the corner waiting for the light to change.

"You are,but your my idiot." She smiled as she looked down at her feet attempting to hide the blush on her face. "I'm cold." She admitted trying to change the topic in the midst of the heated moment. Within seconds she began to fill a warm sensation wrap over her body.

"You're getting good at that fire use."she said. He looked at her confusedly before feeling the same thing.

"That's not me Cynthia." He admitted as they stood their frozen to their spot feeling a sudden urge of happiness and speaking words they've never spoken before.

"We hear you cry and can't wait to meet. For being together is our destiny. As we find our way to you we send our happiness and forever be warm and guided together. As guided warriors, witches and wizards alike we promise to stay by each others side."

The words rang out heavy throwing them off their feet as a bright light blinded them. To confused to feel scared Austin did the only thing he could think of. Turning Cynthia towards him he placed his lips tightly against hers, feeling as she slowly began to reciprocate. The bright light now filled with the smells of the seasons as their liplock continued. Austin was first to pull back.

"I love you." He said as he pushed their foreheads together. The light seemed to shaking with anticipation of her response. With a deep breath her eyes began to flutter open searching for a hint of truth in that deep blue sea of hers and smiled.

"I love you too Austin." With those five words the light exploded and the vow and bond was formed. A few seconds later they both stood to their feet, him helping her help, feeling whole and hungry.

"I'm hungry. What do you have a taste for?" He said pulling her closely.

"Oddly enough I want a sandwich. I overheard some girls talking about this deli shop down the road. It's called James' Deli. We could eat there." She said blushing slightly. He smiled as he pulled her closer to him burying his nose in her hair.

"I really do love you Cynthia" he whispered kissing her forehead.

"I really do love you to Austin. Now let's go eat."

"As you wish madame." She shook he head as they both laughed and made their way down the road, pushing the weirdness of what just happened to the back of the minds and continuing to enjoy their five month anniversary. When they reached the deli and stepped inside, they couldn't explained nor understand why they felt so comfortable in a place they've never been in before. It almost felt like...home?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its been a while, but so much has happened to be lately. Anyways, I hope this was worth the wait.

Comment, recommend, subscriber.

I could always use more readers, but I'll like some feedback