Status: 1st installment in the 'An Open Mystery' series

An Open Mystery:The Vow of the Bright Light

Nine: Shelandria, The Spirit Guide

"I wonder if they have some ice-cream here." Spoke Austin trying to ignore the warm fuzzy feeling of being while forming in the put of his stomach. He felt it once with Cynthia, but this time it was something completely different. Something indescribable. He watched as Cynthia spun around the nice size shop with her mouth slightly ajar from amazement.

"Austin..." She said sounding breathless.

"Yes?" He questioned curiously. He began wondering if she was okay and hoping that she wasn't hurt. They had been knocked off their feet pretty hard after being blinded by that bright light. He watched her as she opened her mouth and closed it, before taking a deep breath and doing it again. After about three times of doing that she finally spoke.

"Do you remember when I asked you to show me a us in a deli and to make it feel like I'm there?"

"Yeah I don't think I ever tried so hard at something." He said jokingly with a hidden sexual innuendo beneath it, earning him a sharp jab to the ribs. He laughed as she rolled her eyes at him.

"Look around you perv. This is the Deli you showed me." She said a hint of an attitude in her tone. Austin sighed as he looked around not wanting to piss her off on their anniversary.

"That's strange because I've never been here before." He said as the conversation was halted seeing as two people just stepped from the back. The couple smiled at them as they approached them. Usually Cynthia felt threatened by people she didn't know and Austin was constantly on alert for potential danger. However this time they felt nothing more then being comfortable with the extra presence.

"Hi, I'm Karma. This is my boyfriend Sam. His dad owns the Deli." She spoke kindly with a shy smile. Her voice was just a few octaves higher then Cynthia's. Her eyes were a soft hazel color that glistened as if she were about to cry. She stood at about 5'3" the same height as Cynthia. Sam was a muscular built guy, that Austin assumed was that big from lugging boxes around all day. He stood at about 6'3" looking Austin dead in the eyes. He's eyes were a hard gray color, that was mostly covered by his dirty blonde hair. Neither one could deny that these two seemed familiar even though they were positive they've never met before.

"Hi...um, I'm Cynthia and this is my boyfriend Austin."she said being the first to break the silence that seemed to surround them.

"How long have you two been together?" Asked Sam curiosity evident in his eyes.

"Today made five months. You two?" Replied Austin smiling down at Cynthia as he pulled her closer to him and kissed her forehead. They could hear Karma cooing in the background.

"Two years as of tomorrow." Interjected Sam and you could hear the smile in his voice. It was the same kind of smile that Austin was familiar with. One that was laces with magic. Before he could question it the room began to glow. First a blinding white light, then a beautiful silver one. No one spoke as a women stood in front of them.

"My children, you have finally met. You are now complete. You have completed you're first mission. The Vow of the Bright Light. You are now bound together for life. Sam has the young wizard. Karma the beautiful witch. You two are stronger together. Without one the other cannot survive. Remember that young witch. Ah, yes my Guided Warriors. Cynthia and Austin, so young and so confused, yet you contain the strongest power. You two will strive greater together, but you do not need each other. For thou is strong separately, but is strongest together. Though whatever you may need to find the strength to stick together."

"What is The Vow of the Bright Light?" Asked Austin trying his hardest not to freak out and all of the sudden new information. He felt as Cynthia's hold on his arm got tighter and he pulled her even closer in reassuringly.

"My son The Vow of the Bright Light is a sacred oath that has been around for years. It only comes about when those who are destined to fight alongside each meet. A lifelong bond of trust and companionship is formed. As Guided Warriors, Witches and Wizards alike no bond is unbreakable as this. Believe me when I say so. For I am Shelandria the Spirit Guide of yours truly. You will not see me often, but I am always watching you. I must leave now so that you can get to know each other. When the deed is done again shall I visit, but that time will not be a friendly one. For then will your journey began."

They watched as the light faded before their eyes once again becoming blindingly white, before disappearing. Turning towards each other they managed to give small smiles.

"Am I the only one that wishes we were normal and a little creep out by what just happened?" They all nodded their head in agreement before going into a overwhelming uncomfortable silence. For the first time in her life Cynthia took a deep breath and stood in front of Karma.

"Hi, I'm Cynthia and I guess I'm a Guided Warrior. I've never had any friends before, but I glad to be destined alongside you. At least I won't have to hide anything from you. I'm looking forward to having a best friend, now I have somebody to talk about that perv to." She laughed awkwardly as Austin watched her in amazement with nothing but pure love in his eyes. She had never been this outgoing.

"I'm Karma, a witch. I don't want to be one, but if being one means I get a best friend like you then I'm glad I am one. We have a lot of catching up to do. We have to try and squeeze in as many sleepovers and shopping days as possible before our Spirit Guide comes back." Cynthia nodded her head in agreement as they sat in a booth and began talking away. Sam and Austin laughed as they turned back towards each other.

"Looks like we're stuck either way." Joked Sam

"Guess so. By the way, I'm Austin and I guess I'm a Guided Warrior. I think its cool that my destined best mate is a wizard, maybe you can help me out withy element of fire. I want to learn how to throw it. I've realized that the angrier I get the hotter the fire is."

"Dude,I'm Sam, a wizard and I would love to help you throw fire. I was hoping you would be a Guided Warrior with the power to control the elements." They bumped fist as they laughed and joined their girlfriends who was in a mini debate about team Edward or Team Jacob. They looked at each before rolling theirs eyes and agreeing that Twilight sucked earning both a jab to the ribs.

"One last thing..." Interrupted Austin.

"Yeah?"

"Do you guys have some ice-cream? Perhaps vanilla I can't seem to get enough of it."

"Side effect of the fire. I was like that for weeks when I started making things that blew up with a spell." Said Sam as he went behind the counter and made four sundaes. As he finished Austin lifted them all through the air before placing them all on the table.

"Telekinetic too? Man did I get lucky." Gushed Sam as they all laughed. It was weird to get along so fast, but they were glad to have met each other.

Enjoy your time now, for it won't always be this easy my darlings. Something is coming and I can only hope that you're prepared for it. Trust quick and learn even quicker, for you need each other to survive.
♠ ♠ ♠
I owed you guys another update for missing an entire week. Feedback is always appreciated and welcomed. Enjoy!