Status: Do not read if you are under 18. This is an experimental story for me, as I have never written within this genre before.

Demon in My Mind

Chapter 3

The first challenge, at least for me, came as we ascended the stairs to the third floor. The corridor was somewhat deserted, but not entirely so. There were a few students milling about, mostly with friends. I knew that this corridor contained most of the dormitories, which meant that there were always people coming and going. However, it contained one of the most private places within the school, so to me the risk was well worth it.

However, it was here that I saw Joanna's twin sister walking toward us. I didn't know the other girl's name, but I knew who she was. I had seen her with Joanna many times. Though, it seemed that the girl had changed her appearance a bit. Even so, it was obvious that the two were related, if not twins. They had the same soft, pale skin tone and the same beautiful green eyes. The main difference between the girls was their hair and the style with which they chose to dress. Joanna's twin had cut her hair into a short bob and died it a deep raven color. She also chose to dress much more tomboyish than Joanna, her clothing less form fitting and much looser. However, she could not mask her freckles and the beauty of her skin. Nor could she hide the fact that her face was identical to that of my pick, Joanna's. Her scent was different though, more fruity and tart than Joanna's sickeningly sweet scent. I didn't like it, not the way I craved Joanna's.

Regardless of the other girl's name or looks or even her scent...she made me nervous. I only hoped that my plan would work and that Joanna could fool even her twin sister into believing that I was her new boyfriend and we were on the hunt for somewhere more private to spend time together. If Joanna failed, I would have to move quickly, taking both girls along with me whether or not that was what I desired.

"Joanna!"

I found myself sucking on my bottom lip, nervously, as we were spotted. Part of me had hoped that her twin would not recognize her or wouldn't see her as she passed. It would have made things much easier for us. However, that did not seem to be the case. Instead, I was stuck holding my breath and waiting for Joanna's reaction.

Joanna, luckily, didn't miss a beat. A smile came to my companion's face and she waved to her sister excitedly. Commanding Joanna to act naturally, truly was working thus far and I was eternally grateful for that.

"Where have you been and why on earth are you still wearing your bathing suit? You're nowhere near the pool, Joey! Oh...and whose this?" Joanna's sister winked as her eyes fell upon me and with my keen hearing I heard the words she whispered into Joanna's ear. "He's hot, Joey."

I had to suppress a chuckle at those words. If she only knew that my external beauty was part of the act and the game. Aquademonis were known to have beautiful human forms that were meant to lure girls to them. I was no different. If anything, being royal, my form held more charm and beauty than others.

"Oh! Jocelyn this is Damien, my boyfriend. Damien this is my twin sister, Jocelyn." Joanna's words pulled my from my thoughts and I offered a smile and a wave to Jocelyn, not wanting to speak and prolong this conversation any more than it needed to be.

"Joanna...boyfriend? Why didn't you tell me? I had no idea you even had someone you were interested in."

I glanced at Joanna who seemed to freeze at that question, unsure how to answer it. I knew that I had come to her suddenly and she hadn't really had any time to react between the dream and my arrival today. However, I had hoped that she could continue acting normal. She had been doing so well that my nerves had been easing. Now, however, she wore a blank and confused look upon her face and turned to look at me, almost helplessly.

"Joey...you alright?" Jocelyn, of course, knew something seemed off with her sister and I knew that it was now up to me to try to move things along and to answer the questions for Joanna, so that we might be able to move on quickly, before Joanna ruined all hope of things going according to plan.

"Yes, she is just a bit flustered, Jocelyn. You see...I asked her out quite suddenly today and I don't think Joanna has had time to tell anyone or even to process it." I told the raven haired girl, offering up my most charming smile. My words seemed to snap Joanna out of it and I watched as she nodded, with a grin upon her face.

"Well, you better treat my sister well, as Joanna has never had a boyfriend and if you hurt her...you'll have to deal with ME!" Jocelyn stated, her voice firm and her eyebrows raised in an attempt at intimidation.

I chuckled, amused at the thought of a mere mortal threatening me. If she only knew who she was threatening and what I was capable of...I am sure she would never have said such words. Even so, I knew that I had to act as the perfect boyfriend. If Joanna was going to act normal, I had to act just as charming and typical.

"Oh, don't worry, Jocelyn. I like your sister quite a bit and I do not intend to do anything that could destroy her beauty." I stated, keeping my words honest. I would not promise not to hurt Joanna, as I knew that if once I got a taste I was disappointed, I would likely make Joanna disappear forever. However, the words I spoke were true. I was attracted to Joanna for her beauty. I wanted to claim her soul for hell and I wanted to potentially make her mine. I would do nothing to tarnish that beauty. If anything, if I chose to make her my eternal mate, I would only make her more beautiful.

Jocelyn raised her eyebrows, making me wonder if I had said something wrong. I watched humans far more than I interacted with them. There were times where I felt that social cues and conversation were my biggest weaknesses. I could use my powers to entrance humans to my will. However, when it came to openly conversing with human beings...I had no idea what I was doing. I tried to be charming, but sometimes...like right now, I wasn't entirely sure I had achieved that purpose.

"He is wonderful, Jocelyn. Strong and handsome. I want to be with him...forever." Joanna's words interrupted my thoughts and worries once more. Her eyes had grown a bit distant as the latter part of her sentence was spoken, but the smile made it appear as if she were genuinely dreaming of what could be. So, I smiled as well, leaning down to kiss her forehead, like I had seen many boyfriend's do to their girlfriends.

"Joanna, you just met him! Don't be silly! We're young, most relationships at this age don't last!" Jocelyn laughed and shook her head. "No offense to you, Damien...but it IS the truth."

"I can guarantee we will last..." I told her, not at all amused by Joanna's sister's attitude. Honestly, I was beginning to get annoyed and I wanted to get away from her. So, I gave Joanna's arm a little tug. "Anyway, I have to get your sister back to her dorm so she can get some clothes...she forgot to grab an extra pair and we're going on a date."

"Well, it'd help if you were going the right way...her dorm is on the second floor." Jocelyn responded, raising an eyebrow and glancing at us skeptically.

"Oh, I know...we were just..."

"We weren't going to MY dorm, I left my change of close in one of my team mates rooms when I met her this morning." Joanna piped up, the grin never leaving her face. She glanced at me, seeking approval for her lie and I nodded at her.

"Oh...well...I guess I'll see you later then. Joey, I wanna hear all about this date, okay?"

"Of course. You'll be the first to know."

I watched as Joanna hugged her sister, giggling and whispering something in her ear. Joanna really was doing a good job at acting normal and I found myself quite pleased by her display. Jocelyn gave me a wave as she continued past us down the hall. Honestly, I breathed a sigh of relief. That encounter had seemed to last forever and I had been extremely nervous about the whole thing. Had Joanna not acted genuinely normal, things could have turned out disastrous.