Stay

the past.

I’ve known Tyler Seguin since I was a child. We lived a couple houses down from each other. At one point, he was my best friend.

I was sad when he moved away to Plymouth to play for their OHL team, but I made many trips down there in those two seasons, he was there.

So somewhere in those trips, best friends became more than best friends. I hated the longest distance but I wanted to be with him, and he wanted to be with me. Somehow two crazy teenagers in love made it work.

I was beside him on draft day, I was there in the stands the first time he played in the National Hockey League. I was there when his dreams came true and he was a Stanley Cup winner.

When his world felt like it was crashing down, I was there. I was strong for him, when he was trying so hard to be.

But somewhere in all this moments, two people fell out of love. Somewhere there was non stop fighting, that only lead to words regretted and door slams.

A move to Boston became a move back home to Toronto with no more effort, no more fighting. Nothing but tears and lost hopes.

It became awkward run ins during the summer every once and while when he was home. We grew up together, we dated, it was normal that we had mutual friends.

Those friends didn’t understand why we weren’t together. A few tried to get us back together, but either of us went for it.

I picked up my phone so many times, but never pressed the call or send button. I tried to move on, I almost had myself convinced I was over him. But in reality, there was always going to be a spot for Tyler Seguin in my heart, he was my first love.

_______________________________________________________________________

It had been a couple years since she left our placed in Boston and moved back home to Toronto. After doing some growing up and realizing that not fighting for her was one of the dumbest things I had ever not done.

Brianna Fraser was the best thing in my life and I let her slip away.

She was there for everything and put up with everything. The long distance in Plymouth, the draft and she moved her entire life to Boston.

She was there when I become a Stanley Cup champion. She was my biggest support system.

I was to young to realize I was in love with her. I didn’t show her as much as I should have.

She wasn’t there for the trade and move to Dallas and the changes that brought.

This girl had been by side since we were kids who lived just a couple houses down the road, to awkward summer encounters.

I had friends who wanted us to get back together. A few didn’t thing our breakup would actually last.

I had picked up the phone so many times, but never acted on it. I figured she just moved on.

I moved on in my own way, but Brie Fraser was the first girl I ever loved and there is no way you can forget your first loved.