Stay

the visit.

Well after a few weeks of planning and budgeting, Avery and I were going to Dallas. I was still so nervous, but at least I would have Avery by my side. Tyler really wanted us to stay with him, he did have a guest house, so at least it saved us money and we weren’t stuck in some old hotel.

We were only going to Dallas for four days. It was a short trip, but I didn’t want to take too much time off work, and it was what worked best with Avery’s schedule. I also didn’t want a long trip, incase everything turned for the worst.

We would be there for two games, which I was excited to see him play again. It would be a nice mixture of arena and our time. I did miss those days at the arenas, though this time I was not going around the wife and girlfriend room. I did not want to deal with that.

I was really excited to have a little get away as well, I had been working really hard and not talking much time off lately. It would be nice to relax for the most part for a couple days. I was excited and nervous, but I guess that was to be expected. I also though it would be best, if most people didn’t know until I got back. My family knew, my mom was the most understanding. Everyone just didn’t want that broken young girl who cried herself to sleep for weeks to come back, and I didn’t want to become her either.

It felt like time went by so fast and the time had finally come, and in a two days, Avery and I would be in Dallas. I started to get even more nervous. Tyler was totally fine and was excited for us to get down there.

I couldn’t believe I was finished packing and in a few hours heading to the airport and heading to Dallas to see my ex-boyfriend. Even though it was planned for so long now, it was still a little surreal.

Dallas was much warmer than Toronto, I liked that already. Brett and Tyler were both waiting for us. We all hugged, they helped us with our luggage and then we headed off to Tylers.

He gave us the tour when we got there, we set out stuff in the guest rooms and then freshened up and we headed out for dinner. I was so nervous, I didn’t know if I could eat without puking but I was going to try.

Dinner went over just fine, I had to stop worrying about everything and just enjoy my time here. After dinner, we just did a little site sitting, it was really pretty at night. We then headed back to Tyler’s and just hung out.

Tyler and I decided to go out on his deck and have a little alone time. We needed to talk, I wasn’t sure how good this timing was, with it being the first night and all.

“I’m glad you came down.” Tyler said.
“I am too.” I began. “I have no idea why I am so nervous.”
“We have a lot of history and it’s been a long time since we have even been alone together.” He said.
“I still can’t believe I am here.” I said.
“We can thank Avery for it once again.” He said with a laugh.
“I guess we can” I said.
We decided we would just be friends again, and see where it takes it. If we happen to get back together down the road then fine, then maybe it was meant to be. If not, at least we wouldn't have to worry about the “What If”.

The next day, Tyler had a game, so while he was off to the morning skate. Avery and I hung out, got ready for the day and headed to the mall. When we got back, Tyler was home. I knew his game day routine, so I just let him be. Avery and I could entertain ourselves.

About two hours before the game, we were in our guest room, getting ready for the game. I was fixing my hair while Avery started her makeup. I could hear Tyler was up and headed towards our rooms.

“You know we have to leave soon right.” He asked.
“You still have no faith in my being on time skills do you.” I said.
“First ever team event with the team in Boston, Brie.” He said.
“That was one time. Please get over it.” I said.

He laughed and walked out of the room.

“Team event?” Avery asked.
“We were a whole 15 minutes late cause I changed outfits.” I began. “Three times.”
“Great job there Brie.” Avery said.

We finished up and then headed downstairs. We were just going with Tyler to the game, we had a pass to get us into the building before everyone else. We were just going to have dinner at the restaurant inside the building. Tyler wanted to put us in the suit with the other families but I wasn’t for it just yet. I also would always rather be in the stands, with all the fans anyways.

We headed to the arena. I was all nervous again, I hadn’t done this is so long. This use to be my life, arena and games all the time. I did miss it. I was always so proud watching Tyler. He was so talented.

We all walked in together, I said goodbye to Tyler as he made his way to the locker room and Avery and I went off our own way. We found the restaurant and went inside. We ordered and just waited around there until we could go down to our seats.

“Stop being so nervous.” Avery said.
“I can’t help it. It’s been so long since I’ve done this.” I said.
“Tyler is so excited to have you back here.” She began. “Just enjoy it.”
“I am trying.” I said.

We headed down to our seats. Tyler got us seats a few rows behind the bench, the away bench that is. The Stars were playing the Detroit Red Wings, which were my childhood team. I had to laugh when we sat down.

“I can’t believe he did this.” Avery said. “Shouldn’t we be behind their bench.”
“Look who they are playing.” I said, showing her the ticket.
“Look at him go.” Avery began. “Remembering the childhood facts.”

It was a great game overall, the Stars ended up taking the victory. Which I was happy about, I always wanted to support Tyler, no matter what team he was on.

We headed down towards the Family room, I wasn’t planning on heading inside. I just waited around the outside. I wasn’t his girlfriend anymore, I felt like I didn’t belong in there.

“Are you Brianna Fraser?” A tall blonde women asked me.
“Yes, I am.” I said to her. She smiled.
“I’m Anna Spezza, Jason’s wife. Tyler told him you were coming to the next two games.” She began. “Come wait inside the family room. He wants you too and we do too.”
“Are you sure? I don’t want to cause problems.” I said.
“You won’t be. We are happy you are here. I’ve heard quite a bit about you.” Anna said.
“This is my friend Avery.” I said.
“You are the one who knows Richie?” She asked.
“That’s me.” Avery said.
“Nice to meet you both.” She said. We followed her inside.

We talked while we waited for the boys, it was nice to feel so welcome right away. Just in case, something did happen and Tyler and I ended up back together.

Soon enough Tyler was back out and we were ready to leave. All those arena memories came back, and it made me miss everything so much more. I loved our life together, I did love him them.

I felt like I was starting to love him again..
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy!
xoxo