Stay

game nights.

When we got back to Tyler’s, Avery and Brett were hanging out on the deck. Tyler and I were in the kitchen making somethings to snack on.

“Move your big ass.” I said, trying to open a cupboard.
“My ass is not that big.” Tyler said. I just rolled my eyes. “How did you enjoy the game.”
“It was fun, I met Spezza’s wife. She was really nice.” I said.
“She is very welcoming.” Tyler said.
“It felt almost like old times being in there.” I began. “I did miss it.”
“It was a strange feeling seeing you in there again, but a good strange.” Tyler said.

It was a strange feeling being back, but Tyler was right, it was a good strange. I didn’t think I would ever be doing this again. I did miss it, I kinda did want it back. I also kept remembering how it all ended and thinking about my life in Toronto now and my job. I could quit and try to find one around here but I don’t know if I was that ready yet.

“Remember the time you burnt the nachos and almost set the apartment on fire.” I said taking nachos out of his oven.
“That was not fully my fault.” Tyler said.
“Okay, sorry. Remember that time that, Brad and you almost set the apartment on fire.” I said.
“It was not that bad.” Tyler said in his defence.

I set them down on the cooling trey, I went to turn to grab something. Bumping into Tyler and coming face to face. I laughed a little and then I felt his lips against mine. There’s another way to bring back memories.

“Yeah, I missed that too.” Tyler said. I just blushed. “Look at those cheeks.”
“I guess I agree with that.” I said.

Avery and Brett walked into the kitchen. They could totally tell something just happened, but we played it off, well at least try too.
“Are you going to feed us or let us starve while you two do whatever awkward thing you are trying to play off that you didn’t do.” Avery asked.
“I have no idea what you are talking about.” I said.
“The food is ready.” Tyler said.

We all grabbed something and headed back outside to the deck. We sat around, talking and eating. It was a good way to just relax and enjoy more time out here.

“So when are you girls going to move down?” Brett asked.
“Well, we have grown up jobs so I highly doubt it will happen.” Avery said.
“You can get those jobs here too.” Tyler said.
“But what if we love our jobs or something happens and we can’t get one here, Brett.” I asked.
“You’ll be fine.” He said.

We spend the evening just talking and catching up. It was a pretty quite night since the boys had another game tomorrow night. Avery and I headed to our guest room and settled in for in the night.

“Why aren’t you in Tyler’s bed?” Avery asked.
“Let’s not even go there. Nothing like that is going to happen.” I said.
“We walked in on you two making out.” Avery said.
“It was just one simple kiss.” I said.
“Knew that was going to happen.” Avery said.
“I’m not jumping into anything.” I said.

The next morning when Avery and I woke up, Tyler was gone to the arena. I didn’t even need the text I got from him, I already knew since it was game day and he was still the same Tyler when it came to game day.

We got breakfast and then got ready for the day, we did a little site seeing and ended up at the mall again. Once we got back Tyler was home again, but I didn’t bother him too much.

Avery and I got ready for the game, tonight we would be sitting with a couple of the other hockey wives and girlfriends. I was more nervous for that, then anything else. I knew Anna, would be there and I also had Avery, so that help a little. I was making it worst by telling myself over and over again that I didn’t belong since I wasn’t a girlfriend anymore.

“You will be fine. I will be right by your side.” Avery kept telling me.
“You know this is your fault, you left me alone in Toronto” I said.
“I better be in the wedding then and I get to use that part in my speech.” Avery said.
“Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.” I said.

We were walking out of the room and towards the door where Tyler met us.
“Look at your being on time and everything.” Tyler said.
“Let it go, let it go.” I just said. Avery was no help since she was laughing.

We arrived at the arena, I hugged Tyler goodbye and Avery and I headed towards the suits. Anna was the first one to greet us, which I was really happy about. There was only a couple there for now, she was introducing us and she was doing her best to make us feel welcome.

“You and Tyler have known each other since you were younger?” She asked.
“We grew up a couple houses down from each other. We were always together when we were younger.” I said.

“What do you do now?” Jordie Benn’s wife, Maria asked
“I’m a nurse at Toronto’s Sick Kids Hospital.” I said.
“What a job that must be.” Anna said.
“It’s an amazing job, it does have it tough times though.” I said.

We chatted for a little longer and then it was game time. The Stars were playing against the Pittsburgh Penguins, it was a really good back and forth game and the Stars did come out with the win and Tyler with the game winner.

Avery and I headed to the family room with Anna, I did feel very welcomed but it was still hard to feel like I belonged since I didn’t know if I would be back. Who knew were Tyler and I would be in a few days since I go back to Toronto in two days. I was not looking forward to that conversation but I knew it had to happen.

Tyler was a little longer than usual, but I knew the deal. The media wanted to talk to the star of the game. It didn’t bother me at all to wait a little longer to see him since I knew he would be happy.

I was really happy to see him when he walked into the room, he chatted for a few minutes and then we were off.

We were walking toward his car, when Avery started walking with Brett to his car. I was confused.

“Brett and I will be you guys at the house.” Avery said. I then knew this was a plan all along. I should have known.
“Make good choices.” I said as I got into the car with Tyler.

“Didn’t think I would catch on, eh?” I said.
“Avery’s idea.” Tyler said.
“Smooth Segs.” I said.

He got into the driver seat and headed towards his place.
“Good game.” I said.
“Thank you.” He began. “This is for you.” He passed me over the puck from the game.
“You know I still have all the ones you gave you.” I said.
“Didn’t sell them online?” He said. I laughed.
“Too special to give up.” I told him.

I knew Avery and Brett wouldn’t be home right away, they wanted Tyler and I to have alone time. I was nervous all over again, but I knew this would be the perfect time to talk. We needed it.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy :)
xoxoxo