Stay

the talk.

Tyler and I got back to his place, I was still nervous but I could feel myself getting more calm. We needed to talk. We need to figure out what was going on between us. I needed to know if this was real, maybe this was how our life was to be.

I couldn’t help but thing maybe a break up between us, was just something that would bring us back together now. Now that we were older and had more of an idea of what we wanted in our future.

Tyler and I walked into his living room and sat down. It was a little quiet before he spoke up.

“We should probably talk.” He said.
“I know. I’ve been nervous about this.” I told him.
“You know I am sorry how it all ended.” Tyler said.
“I am too. It was both of us, not just one or the other.” I began. “I could have picked up the phone after I left. I think I was too scared.”

“How has this trip been for you?” Tyler asked.
“It’s been really good. I am glad I came.” I told him.
“It’s been nice having you back in my life.” He said.
“I agree.” I replied.

A few more minutes of just quiet. It was now or never.

“How do you see us?” I asked.
“I’ve always loved you, that never changed.” Tyler began. “I think being apart and seeing you again, just made me realize how much I did miss having you in my life.”
“I have those same feelings, but.” I began. “What are we going to do?”
“My life is here and yours is in Toronto.” Tyler began. “It’s unfair of me to ask you to give that all up.”
“Do you want us to get back together.” I asked.
“Yes.” Tyler said. “What do you want.”
“Us, together again.” I said.

At least now we knew what we wanted, that nervousness was gone. Just as soon as we had some understanding, we had another problem. The distance and what that could do to a relationship.

“We do want the same thing, but what happens if it doesn't work again?” I began to ask. “It was hell moving back without you. I don’t want to ever do that again.”
“I know it was my fault, I was an idiot back then.” Tyler began. “But I have down a lot of growing up.”
“We never really talked about that. I just left and never looked back.” I said.
“Do you want to talk about it now? It’s still not going to change how I feel about you.” Tyler said.
“Maybe we should. I don’t want that effect us in anyway.” I said.

Tyler made the NHL right out of the juniors, it was a huge step for him. He also became a Stanley Cup champion his rookie year. He was young, and already had done two major things, guys work their whole lives for. It got to his head a little.

He did go out, often. I wasn’t perfect, I did go out every so often. I was busy with school so that kept me in most of the time. Tyler Seguin, is a very good looking man, girls wanted him. I did get jealous.

I found messages on his phone one day, I never asked if he actually cheated on me. We just had a huge fight and I packed my life up and headed home. We both just let it go and never looked back.

“I should have told you then, I never did cheat on you.” Tyler said.
“I’m glad to know that. I was jealous, I felt like they were getting your attention more while I was busting my ass in school.” I began. “I wanted you to be proud that I was going to have a career, that could follow you anywhere and that I wouldn’t depend on you.”
“Brianna, I was, I still am so proud of you. You worked so hard to become a nurse.” Tyler began. “It was a career you always wanted and you did it.”
“I guess I was young and just though the worst. I could have tried talking this over with you back then.” I said.
“We were both young. We are older now, with more life experience.” Tyler said. “We know more of what we want.”
“Maybe this was the plan, maybe we need the break.” I said.
“What is meant to be, will be.” Tyler said.

I smiled. I felt so much better. I knew the truth. I knew what I wanted. I knew what he wanted.

”What are we going to do now ” I asked.
“I have no idea.” Tyler replied.

We didn’t say it, but we both knew, I would be the one who would have to move. I mean, I did have a duel nursing degree, so I could work down here. I did love my Toronto job, I had gone and done this move before. It didn’t end so well the last time.

I was going home in a day and half, I needed to enjoy the rest of this trip and then see where it goes.

“Let’s enjoy our last day together thou.” Tyler said.
“I agree. What are we going to do tomorrow.” I asked.
“You will have to wait and find out.” Tyler said with a smile.
“You know I still hate surprises.” I told him.
“Oh, I know.” he said.

We stayed on the couch together, just talking until Avery and Brett were back. We all just hung out in the living room, watching a movie till we fell asleep.

The next morning, Avery and I made breakfast for the boys. It was the least we could do for them. Avery and Brett were going off to spend the day together while Tyler and I were doing the same.

Avery and I were in our guest rooms getting ready for the day. I knew she was just itching to know what was going on between Tyler and I.

“When’s the wedding?” Avery asked. I laughed.
“Not for a while. Things are good. We talked about so much.” I told her.
“Getting back together?” She asked.
“It’s possible. I’d have to move down here for it to really work.” I said. “That’s the only scary part.”
“Whatever is meant to be right?” She said.
“He didn’t cheat on me back then” I told her.
“That’s good to know.” Avery said. “You both were young back then, everything is different now.”

She was right, things were so much different now. Tyler and I both had some major changes in our lives and both did some major growing up.

I was more than happy to have him back in my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for the comments :)
enjoy the next part :)