Stay

baby boy? baby girl?

13 weeks seem to go by before our eyes. I was so excited to tell our parents and siblings. We sent our parents the “We can’t wait to meet you Grandparents” cards with the sonogram photo. They were so excited for us. They were already happy that Tyler and I were back together and this made them even more happier.

His two younger sisters were pretty excited to become Aunts, My younger brother couldn’t wait to be an Uncle.

Our friends were just as supportive. The Stars were amazing, I was in contact with the wives and girlfriends even more. They had lots of answers for many questions. I wanted to be as prepared as I could before moving to Dallas.

My work was amazing, they were sad to see me go but they were still very happy for me.

I will still doing my everyday routines, just with a growing belly. Tyler loved all the little updates. They weren’t much but he still hated missing out.

The media still hasn’t found out, we still hadn’t posted it online. I was still a little scared of that. I did creep his social media and some comments were so uncalled for. It was hard to read some of the comments about us. I tried not to take it to heart, but that was hard.

Tyler was able to join me for the 20th week ultrasound since it was now the off season and also where we found out the gender of our little one. We knew it would be easier to plan if we knew ahead of time. It did take the surprise out, but with moving, it just made things a little easier to get ready.

“Everything is looking great Ms. Fraser.” The ultrasound tech told us. It was still hard to believe that was out little baby in there. She showed us everything. She wrote down the gender of the baby, Avery was waiting outside the door. When we finished and we knew everything was fine. We walked out. I handed the paper to Avery. She was going help with the reveal.

Not knowing was driving me nuts. I had no idea why I though it was a good idea.

“Why did we do this? I just want to know right now.” I said as I got into the jeep. Tyler got into the driver side.
“It will be fine. You went this long without knowing.” He said. “It’s only a few more hours.”
“I know. I know.” I said.
“It will be nice for our families to be there with us.” Tyler said.
“You’re right.” I said.

Our families and few close friends were getting together at Avery and I’s place for a little get together. This would be the first time in so long that both of our families would be together. This would be the first time in years that Tyler and I would be together with them all. I was excited and nervous. I’ve seen his family a few times since we got back together and I was texting with his sisters lots as well.

We got back to my place and I got ready. I was starting to show, I had a little bump. I wasn’t complaining yet. Tyler was not looking forward to that.

“You look beautiful.” Tyler said, wrapping his arms around my waist. I kissed his cheek.
“Thanks Babe.” I said. “I don’t feel too fat, just yet.”
“You are not fat. You are pregnant.” He said.

Our family and friends were starting to come over, Avery would be the around the last one to come home. She was my best friend, she knew I would try and be a sneak and figure it out before it was time.

Everyone was just as excited to find out. Tyler and I were mingling with everyone when Avery walked in with a huge black balloon. I actually loved this idea. I was getting so excited. I would be happy either way, we didn’t care if we had a son or daughter as long as they were healthily.

It was finally time. We were so ready to find out. Avery set everything up, she was amazing. She handed us the balloon.

We popped the balloon, blue sequence fall from it. We were having a little boy. We would have a son in December. I couldn’t help but get teary eyed. I was just so excited to finally know. Tyler was smiling from ear to ear. He would get have a little boy to teach and pass on the love of hockey too.

Everyone was excited for us. A few hours it was just the two of us again. We were cleaning up, since Avery did everything, she was out with her family. She deserved it.

“How are you feeling about this news.” I asked.
“I am happy. I would have been either way.” Tyler began. “But a son, someone I teach how to skate. I can bring my son into his fathers locker room. It’s going to be an amazing feeling.”
“I know. Draft day will be here before we know it.” I said. We both laughed.
“As long as he wants to.” Tyler said.

As the weeks went on, I was starting to show more and more. Word was getting out even more now. Tyler didn’t care what anyone said, this was his life, our life, not anyone else's. The media did find out, they did ask a few questions. Tyler was nice about it, but he didn’t give out most of the information.

Most of his social media was open, he was very careful after having a few little mistakes. I had most of mine private. I wasn’t ready for all that attention just yet. I did read some of the nice comments that his fans left on his. Those made my happy. I did my best to ignore the mean people. Tyler just kept reminded me that they were just jealous. It still sucked to just read it.

Tyler was around even more now that it was the off season. I was sad they only made it to the second round of the playoffs. But I was more excited for next season to start since half way through out little boy would be there to watch his Daddy play.

We got the okay from the doctor to travel down to Dallas to start setting up our new home. I couldn’t believe in August I would be down here full time. I was scared but happy. The goodbyes wouldn’t suck as much anymore since I knew I would see him in a few days, and not the I have no idea anymore.

The team was so supportive. I was so lucky to be welcome in so fast with the wives and girlfriends, they were being so helpful with all my millions of questions. Tyler couldn’t wait to have his son around his NHL team and I couldn’t wait to have play dates with the player’s children. We were a big family and I loved that.

We had so much already planned and picked out. We had the godparents picked out, it was a pretty easy choice, my best friend Avery and his best friend and teammate, Jamie Benn.

The only thing we were really stuck on was trying to pick out a name. We though knowing it was a boy would be very helpful, but seeing as we could not agree on a name, it wasn’t that easy.

I knew we would find the perfect name either before or when we seen and held him for the first time. It would just come to us.

It was now July and I couldn’t wait till December. I couldn’t wait to meet the second love of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy :)
xoxo