Status: Active

Aquatic Ties

Who Saved Me?

They call what I have a condition. They don't really have a name for it, other then I'm crazy.I could told them that I'm crazy. Not really crazy; just average crazy. They put me on meds after the car accident cause of what I think I saw. I don't take the meds, every month I flush them down the toilet and put gummy bears in the bottle and act like they are the meds they told me to take.The person I think should be on crazy meds is my mom.

Reasons to say that she needs meds is simple. She crazy out of her mind.After her and dad split up, she went crazy and then went even crazier after grandma died. Now that she is married again, dad has been wanting me to get away from her and the new husband, with the worst kids in the world. He says if he has to, he'll pay for me to live in apartment. I would do it, if it wasn't being threatened to be cut off. I would gladly be cut off, if it wasn't for the fact, that grandma left collage money for me until I was eighteen.

Dad said he would pay for college, but I would feel bad, cause grandma saved that money for me. Yes mom is pissed she can't get her hands on it and yes she complains about it all the time. But boo-hoo on her part.

I dream about escaping from my hell every day. I dream of the day, that I'll travel anywhere and everywhere. Grandma had always told me to dream big and not to let go of the dreams; that's what I have been doing.

Riding my bike down the hill by the river, I slow down and look out at it. Ever since the accident, I have felt like I have been watched from that water. Crazy I know, but remember I'm on crazy meds (har-har).

"Brook, hurry up!" my best friend Izzy yells out up the hill, standing next to our other friends. Mark who I like a lot, Tiger and Olivia wave at me.

Looking away from the water, I peddle on hearing a big splash sound in the distance from the water. "Morning," I say as soon as I'm up the sidewalk where they are at.

"Getting a late start," Olivia says looking at her phone.

"I blame the mom monster and the step dick,"

"You don't have a nice word button in you left, do you?" Tiger asks, putting his hat on to block the sunlight.

"After your mom marries an ass, all filters are gone."

"That's for sure," Mark laughs, making us all laugh. "So did you get math done?"

"You need to copy again?" Olivia giggles out.

I'll tell the truth, I like the Mark and I don't like it when another girl flirts with him. Even if she is one of my friends. Everyone knows I like him and I think even Mark knows it, but he never says anything.

Izzy gets on the back of my bike, as I pettle. "Did you hear, that there was a kid that almost drowned and was saved?" she whispers to me.

"How?"

"No one knows, they think it might be the same person that saved you," she whispers. "Can you believe it's been four months?"

I could, it was the day I was supposed to go to my dad new house. Another car slammed into ours and the top was down, so I just flew over the front of the car and splashed into the water twenty feet below the bridge. I should be dead, but somehow I'm not. "Yeah," I could remember hands reaching out for me; after that it gets blurry. I seen a face, but it wasn't clear, but I knew it was a guy about my age. There had been a big thank you party that people wanted him to go to, but he never showed up.

"Do you think if I feel in the water, he would save me?" Izzy swoons almost throwing me off balance.

"Hey!"

She jumps off and walks with the others, as I pettle behind and just look around me.

~~~~~~

I head home by myself, everyone had something else to do, but I don't mind, I like the ride back to the house. It's quiet and peaceful, the best thirty minutes of my life, cause soon as I walk into the house the step devils are going to come after me like flies on stink. If that doesn’t paint a good picture for anyone, I don’t know what does.

Slowing down by the water, I stop completely and look out by the calm water. Water hits against some wet flat rocks close to the sidewalk. Ever since the accident, I have been careful not to get close to the water, but there something just about it, that is almost welcoming.

Getting off my bike, I walk with it close to the rocks, and put the kickstand out. I want to sit down on the smooth rocks and dip my feet it. I wouldn’t mind getting my butt wet, but the ride back to the house would be cold and it would like I wet myself.

As I'm about to step down on to the flat rock, my phone goes off. Groaning, I fish it out of my back and answer the call. "Yeah?"

"Is that how you answer your calls to everyone Brook? I mean really."

I force myself not to out word grown. "Yes that is how I pick up a phone call. Now what do you need?"

I swear I can hear her scream in her head that I'm a brat. "Pick up some milk," then the line goes dead.

Rolling my eyes, I put my phone back in my bag and look back at the water. "It wouldn’t hurt for just a minute," I whisper to myself. Walking carefully, I get on to the flat smooth rock and sit down. Slipping off my shoes and socks, I put my feet in the cold water. Swishing my feet back and forth smoothly, it's almost a warm welcome home; which is strange.

Looking down at the water, a small seahorse swims over to my feet and kisses my big toe, then zooms off into the water. I can't help but giggle at the sudden random moment. Taking my feet out of the water, I sway my feet up and down really fast to get the extra water off my feet.

Putting on my socks, I'm about to put on my shoes, until a big wave takes one of my shoes away. "Oh man!" I cry when I see my shoe float in the middle of the river. "How am I supposed to get that?" Slipping my other shoe on, it'll be weird walking around without the other one. But something strange happens, it starts to drift back to me. Looking down, the seahorse is back with some friends. "Thank you," I say to the creatures as I pick up my shoe and again, they quickly swim away.

Slipping my other shoe on, I get up and climb up the small hill, kick my kick stand back in place. Sitting on my bike seat, my butt is wet and cold. Pedaling away, a big splash hits the water. Looking up at the last second, I see a huge fish tail!

Looking away, I shake my head. "Must be seeing things," then I peddle away.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter of my new story. What do you all think?