Status: Active

Aquatic Ties

My World

Pov: Xavier

What was I thinking? Was I so far in my own mind, that I couldn’t see how this would affect me. How it would affect everything and everyone I knew?! I liked Brook, but did I like her enough to put everyone in danger.

"What are you thinking?" I ask, as we go throw a short tunnel. On the other side we will be at my home. This tunnel, is a gateway that will send us there, because my home is actually very far away.

"Why don't you just read my mind?" she asks sarcastically.

I stop swimming, making her stop swimming. In this form, she was part of my world. No one would know the truth, as long as we said nothing. Her tail is pink, which is sort of strange, I would had never taken her as a pink tail mermaid. "I can't do that. I have skills, but that is not among them. No one has that talent," I search her face, but she is careful not to look me in the eye. "Brook please look at me,"

She looks me up in the face and I almost wish I hadn't said anything. She looks so upset, that I can feel my heart brake. "Why hadn't you just told me that you had saved me and what you are?"

"Would you had believed me?"

She is quite for a minute, then looks away, letting out a breath. "I guess you are right," she then looks up at me. "But there had to been a better way then this," she tells me.

I shake my head in agreement. "You are right, but at the moment I couldn’t think of a better way." I take both her hands and pull her closer to me and I pleading to her. "Please, let me show you my world. If you are still scared and freaked out, I'll take you straight home. So please, give me--give my home a chance,"

She searches my faces, looking for what? A lie? "Fine, I'll give you one last chance. If you I see you lying to me about anything more, I want you to take me straight home. Do I make myself clear?"

I can't help the stupid smile on my face. "Deal," then I pull her along through the portal and we end up in my home.

Pov: Brook

My breath is stolen by what I see. Some of the merpeople swim with there fins, as other walk on the habble stones on to feet. Where their tales should be at, there torsos have torn up skirts for women and the men were shorts with torn up dress were like in Greek mythology. "Wow," I say looking around at the shop area. Some of it is set up like a market place, I've seen in the movie Aladdin. As other stores are set up like those from back home.

"Come on, I want to show you more stuff," Xavier swims on with my hand in his.

We pass merpeople, young, middle age and old. We pass seahorses small and large enough to ride. Then there is some catfish that looks really close like a cat and dog fish looks close to a dog. In the center of this place, is a fountain, with a man large and scary holding a trident. The same trident, I had seen Xavier holding earlier. "Is that trident, the same one I seen you use earlier?" I ask looking at him.

His face becomes a pale pink. "You noticed that, hu?"

"Is that scary man your dad?" I ask blatantly.

Xavier laughs out load, making some people to stop of what they are doing and look over at us. "Yeah, he is scary. But he isn't all bad, as long as you catch him on a good day," he pulls me along.

"You aren't going to intrude us are you?" I can't help but notice the whining in my voice.

Xavier laughs. "No, I like you to much to scare you away from meeting my dad. Once you get a custom to my world, then I might introduce you. But for now, I just want to show you around,"

"Well remind me to do the same for you some time. If I introduce you to my mom and step loser, hit me upside the head and tell me not to do it,"

He looks down at me. "I can't tell if you are serious or not,"

I smile up at me. "Trust me, I'm being serious,"

****

Xavier shows me his world. Everything around us is like a new world all together. Xavier shows me the shops and tries to get me, to get something so he can buy it, but I turn him down every time.

By the time we get back to dry land, the sun is almost set. Pulling myself out of the water, my tail turns into legs and I am completely dry. "So do you still hate me?" he asks, as he swims close.

Putting on my shoes, I squat down in front of him. "No, but I am serious, if you keep something from me again, I'll be mad at you. Do I make myself clear?"

He shakes his head. "Yes," getting up, I'm almost to the small hill to grab my bike to head home. "Hey Brook,I got you something," turning around, he tosses me a small seashell with a string through it.

"I told you not to get me anything," I remind him.

"I didn't buy it, I've had it on me since you gave it back. With the shell, we can talk back and forth. Sort of like cell phones, that you use here,"

"How does it work?" I ask, looking at the shell.

He smiles at me. "You'll find out, now get home before the daylight is all gone,"

"Okay, see'ya later." putting on the necklace, I head home.