Status: Active

Aquatic Ties

Part 2 Storm of the King

As the storm goes on, I hold out my trident facing off at the school. I don't know what the storm will destroy, but this place is my worry. It has the girl I care about the most in the world. If only my brother hadn't followed me and told on me like a five year old to our parents; then none of this would be happening.

Few hours ago:

I was told to go to the thrown room so I did. As I stood in front of my parents, my older brother Cane sits in his chair glaring at him like he always does. Cane knows that I will pass him to become the next King. Father talks about it more than I wish he would. "Cane has told us that you have someone that you care about deeply," father says easing back in his thrown with a broad smile. "Why didn't you tell us that you were seeing someone?"

-Because you wouldn't had approved.- "She is shy and not from around here," I make sure that I show no emotion.

Cane rolls his eyes. "Why don't you tell them where she from?" he asks in a tone that says he knows who I am seeing. Someone that we merpeople are not aloud to see. Humans.

Even if we are able to turn into people with two legs, it only last so long. Humans have had a history of turning on us and sell us alive or dead. But that life style died away many thousand years ago. We keep to ourselves and try not to get involved with the humans. But for me, that is more than a little hard. Thanks to me liking Brook. "Yes Xavier, where is this girl from? Do we know her?" mother asks with a big smile on her face.

Cane smiles evily at me. "Oh please Xavier may I tell them from where she is from? I know you don't like her shown to others,"

"Cane don't! She is someone I care for, if anyone is going to tell them about her, it should me!" anger starts to fill my body. Brook was mine and I needed to protect her, even if that meant I had to lie to my parents.

But Cane doesn't lesson. "She human." he tells our parents flat out. "Xavier saved her and has been fawn over her ever since. Every time he is missing, he is with her, as if she isn't a monster like the rest of them."

"She isn't like them! She and many others have changed and you know it!" I yell out as I ball up my hands up into fists.

Father face changes as he glares at me. "Is this true?" his voice is chilling.

But I know there is no point in lying to him, if I did he would do worse than he was already. "Yes, but she is different. If you met her, you would know that,"

Mom is more open minded then dad and many of the others. She gives me a loving smile. "Then bring-"

"She knows of us and that is bad enough. I will not tolerate this Xavier,"

"What will you do?"

Father gets off his thrown on two legs. In the palace grounds we have no real need for our tails, so we will walk around on two legs. It's more of a learn, of how the humans walk if we would ever have to go up land. "Protect our family and our people,"

That meant so many things. "Father what do you plan on doing?" I ask turning as his back faces me.

"End her of course," and just like that he was gone.

Mother eyes have sorrow in them, as Cane smiles like he has won his birth right.

I don’t know where the anger comes from, but I jump my brother and the impact sends him and his thrown on the ground. I punch him hard enough that I broke his nose and punch out a tooth. "Xavier!" mother screams out and her voice is the only thing that I have to grab on to, so I don’t keep going.

Getting off my brother, I grab my trident from it's resting place and I walk out of the castle. I had to protect Brook, she held my heart even if she or anyone else knew it. My future was with her and only her.

Present Time:

The water hits my body. It's cold and full of hate. This storm was caused by the King of the sea. My father. The same man, that talks about me taking over and how he wants grandchildren, so he would be able to watch them grow up as he did Cane and I.

Did I stand a chance against this storm? Maybe.

The doors to the school fly open and Brook stands there panting hard, as if she just fought her way here. "Brook!" a male voice screams over the howling wind.

Lightning lights up the sky and comes straight for her.

Holding my trident like a speer, I throw it up in the air to where it takes the blow of the lightning. It lands back down in my hands, the heat almost burning the flesh of my skin off my hands. "Xavier!" Brook cries out, as arms wrap around her trying to pull her back into the school.

"Get to safety!" I cry out as more lighting stirs up in the sky.

"Xavier!" a booming voice bellows out.

Looking in front of me, my father walks on land to me, he holds his own trident. The same one that his father gave to him and so on back. "Call off the storm father!" pointing my trident at my father, is a call of a battle.

"You are putting everyone at risk Xavier! It only takes one little word and they 'will' hunt us down as they did before!" he stand a few feet away from me.

"Brook!" the male voice cries out and then I feel the impact of her body hit mine, but I dare not shift my weight.

Father points his trident at me. But it isn't at 'me' it's at Brook. "Show your face," he growls at her.

I try to keep her in place, but she gets around me somehow. The only emotion I see on her wet face, is just pure bravery as if nothing in the world could scare her. "Please stop this storm, you are putting my friends and family in danger,"

"Brave girl," father puts the hilt of his trident on the ground and the storm ends. The clouds slowly pull a part and when he sees a clear view of her face, he takes in a sharp breath. "I remember you,"

"What?!"

Father looks at me sharply, as if to punishment me from my outburst. "Bring her back with you," then he is gone.

Brook looks back at me, with the same face I do. "What the hell was that about?"

"Good question," is all I have to say to her, cause I have no idea what else to say.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, something you guys have to know about me. I try to update as much as I can and I want to tell you guys, just how much you are all so wonderful, staying with me reading my stories, even though a lot times it takes WAY to long to update.

I love you all!

PS. Light to some events this is going to be the only story I am updating right now until I find out what internet there is or not.