Moving Millicent.

The Coming Storm.

Her foot slipped, and she started to fall.

Panic instantly rose into her throat in the form of a scream, following the rushing water of Cliffe Creek, releasing itself into a bubbling brigade above her. The laughter of the others were drowned out by the thrashing waves and the beating in Millicent's ears. Soon her pursuers would realize she wouldn't be resurfacing, and run away to avoid consequences when the locals found, first her glasses, and then her grey, decaying body.

Millicent felt the river water filling her lungs; saw the Autumn sun growing dim above her. Strangely, though, she could only focus on the feeling of freedom.

She felt bliss knowing she would never have to face that small town again, nor the people who never cared that she was being degraded and manipulated in the first place. Millicent relaxed against the burning in her chest, enjoying the haze engulfing her vision.

No more, "Mucus Millicent!", no more being tripped in the school hallways. No needing to buy an extra pair of glasses when Michael Anderson broke them over his knee, or needing to explain to her parents why Billy Flynn put a baseball through her bedroom window. All that was left for her was a long trip to paradise.

Millicent's arms spread wide around her, brushing against jagged stones and spongy moss, taking in her last moments of life. As she finally reached the bottom, welcoming her fate as if death were an old friend, a finger tip of her right hand gently tapped the tip of something very cold- something that began to brighten and glow.

The object seemed to shake the entire river floor, sending creatures that had been lurking to scatter in every direction. Millicent herself began to feel something strange race through her body, growing as the brightness grew. Air became full in her lungs as she clasped the handle of some kind of relic, and it sent icy water running through her veins.

Clutching tightly as strength returned to her, she put a name to the mysterious artifact- a scepter, glorious in shape and color, longer than her body when Millicent pulled it from the dirt and sand below. Millicent felt the power from the scepter's shaft flow swiftly into her, as if it had been waiting for her for centuries.

She began to quickly ascend, the now monstrous sky coming into clear view. Exploding from the water, suspended in midair, water hanging around her in frozen droplets, Millicent's eyes began to glow ominously. The smile below her bright stare was icy with rage as she floated through the air, pleasantly surprised to find her terrified pursuers trembling on the leaf-strewn ground.

Millicent raised the scepter in both her dripping hands, lightning striking and rain beginning to pour as she grinned sinisterly through lit eyes.

"Alright," she roared, gazing down upon her enemies. "Let's get this party started."