Empty With You

Time Stands Still

It's been a week. A week of training. fighting, bruises. A week. The city is hot. The air is thick. It reminds me of the pictures I've seen in books about the giant Lake that ran next to the city. Oh how I wish it would flood & take over the city but it hasn't even rained.

It's been a week since I've even seen Eric. I mean sure I've seen him in passing but he's always got some excuse as to where he's going. I've seen him with some older Dauntless, laughing, joking. But the second they see me, it stops.

Even Eric's smile that was always there fades. Says I'm over reacting & over thinking but I can't help but start to resent the older Dauntless. Especially since the last fight between us on those mats, I beat Eric.

So I spend most my time with Four, Zeke & Shauna. Zeke & Shauna have been telling Four & I that there was a lot of commotion or I guess drama between Factions & Marcus. Mainly because Four chose here. And apparently with mine too. But neither one of us ever want to go back.

So here I sit on the roof of an old building, sports bra & pants, soaking in the sun & trying to stay cool. Four was farther away from the edge unlike me but his shirt was off. It's the first time I've seen the muscles on his body from all this training.

"So when did you get your tattoos?" Four questioned as he walked towards me " and how did we end up here?"

"Uh, when's you get your muscles?" I stood & smirked while brushing dirt off "and they gave us the day off for whatever reason, something about patrolling the wall & computers. "

"But they took Eric?" Four raised an eyebrow.

"Let's not talk about him right now, ok?" I rolled my eyes & walked closer to the wall.

"Ari?" Four questioned as he followed me "is everything ok between you two?"

"He says it is," I shrugged "but honestly I-I don't know. I mean I've spent more time with you, Zeke, & Shauna lately. I mean time apart is good but he's said maybe max 10 words to me"

"Maybe he's just-" Four started as a rumble was heard in the distance.

Thunder.

"And after all the two of us went through, " I cut Four off "I just, it hurts but the second one lets that wall down here, you're seen as weak."

"Hey," Four touched my shoulder softly and a chill oddly hit me. "I can't speak for him or anything that's going on but you'll always have me. I haven't left you and we've both been through hell."

I sniffled a bit and turned into him. He felt safe, he felt ...right?

"Yeah," I wiped a tear from my eyes and smiled faintly "I just I don't know. "

"You're amazing Arianna and if Eric stops seeing that, someone else will " he smiled and looked deep into my eyes.

"I guess," I shrugged as I slowly moved away from him & looked past him at the darkening storm cloud that was finally building in the distance. "We should probably get back soon "

"Or stay here," He shrugged, "we could watch this storm come in."

"I'm so glad you're not afraid of storms'" I smirked as I nudged him and felt the wind pick up.

I walked towards the ledge to see lightning strikes dancing across the blackened sky. it was beautiful. My eyes were drawn into the strikes. The thunder made my adrenaline rush. I felt a tug on my hand and Four pulled me away from the ledge towards him. Our fingers were locked.

My eyes moved towards his to see the lightning dance in his eyes. My heart raced? The storm was heard in the distance moving closer as we just kept our eyes locked.

Time felt like it was moving through wet cement. Thunder shook the sky and the wind blew a loose piece of hair across my face. Four pushed it aside then quickly placed his lips on mine.

Time stood still. The Earth stopped.

It wasn't lust, it wasn't anger, it wasn't out of spite. It was...right?

My lips kissed back as he pulled me closer and my arms wrapped around his neck. We broke away for a second to smile and rain started to pour down.

"I-" Four started as I put a finger to his lips with a smile.

"Let's go dance in the rain," i.grabbed his hand and ran towards the stairs.

Things were definitely about to change. In more ways than either of us could imagine.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm stressed. Head throbs can't sleep. I needed this