Status: Onehsot

Smoking Hot

1/1

Alex Gaskarth and Zack Merrick may have been members of a famous rock band but their life outside of touring wasn’t really what you would expect of a young and adventurous couple. Alex and Zack sure partied like crazy when they were on tour but when they were home their weekends mainly consisted of trips to Pottery Barn. A lot of the time they had no actual reason to visit the shop but somehow always managed to leave with at least one bag full of purchases. This particular weekend the couple “just happened to be driving past” and decided that there was probably some completely useless, overpriced piece of homeware they needed.
“We’re not buying anymore throw pillows Alex and that’s final”
“There’s no such thing as too many pillows Zack”
“I think when you wake up and feel like you’re suffocating, then you have too many pillows”
“Whatever, but that doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to look at them” Alex said as he pulled Zack towards the pillow displays.
“So, whilst we’re here, you know that thing we wanted to try out?” Zack asked Alex with a smile.
“What, cock rings?” Alex said loudly. Zack blushed a deep shade of red whilst his boyfriend grinned at him.
“Do you want to say that any fucking louder?” he hissed at Alex before pulling him away from the group of people giving the couple disapproving looks. “I meant getting candles for you know…the sexy times”
“Oh yeah let’s do that! We’ve need to buy something to spice up our love life because I’ve gotta say Zack, I think you’re losing your touch” Alex said jokily, receiving a stony glare from Zack. But, the couple had been together for three years and were struggling to find things to make their sex life a little bit more exciting. Zack had recently found an article in a magazine that suggested the use of candles in the bedroom and, although their sex life wasn’t completely dead yet, both of them had been pretty enthusiastic about trying it.
The two walked over to the huge candle section in the store, beginning to look at the selection of candles on offer.
“22 dollars for a candle?” Alex exclaimed “it’s literally a jar of scented goo what the hell”
“Yes, but its good quality scented goo” Zack replied. “What kind of scents do you think we should go for?”
“I don’t even know, I think rose is meant to be a pretty good one maybe we should go for that”
“Roses don’t even smell nice though. Everyone just pretends that roses are a nice scent when really it’s only women above the age of 50 who like them and I think they’re lying to be honest because why would you even like that?”
Alex looked at his boyfriend curiously for a few seconds then said with a grin “so…I’ll take that as a maybe then?”
“I just said –”
“I was joking Zack. Which ones do you want?”
“Uh, what about vanilla?”
“Hmm, I don’t know maybe ocean breeze” Alex picked up the candle and sniffed but soon put it back down with a grimace on his face. “Ugh, it smells like cleaning products what’s up with that?”
“What is ocean breeze meant to smell like anyway? The only thing I can smell near the ocean is rotting seaweed”
“Lovely. Ooh what about the berry ones, those ones smell so nice!”
“They do actually. Ok get a couple of them. And then two vanilla ones? Those would go well together right?”
“Yeah that sounds pretty good. Let’s get out of here before we buy anything else” Alex said as he walked off with the candles.
Fifteen minutes later they walked out of the store with the candles (and a lamp, 3 picture frames, a cactus, a chopping board and a heart shaped cake tin). Alex was carrying two of the candles and a bottle of coke. Zack was carrying the rest of their unnecessary purchases in a bag.
“Are you alright there Alex? That stuff’s not too heavy for you is it? Are you sure you don’t want me to carry anything” Zack called to Alex sarcastically.
“Why have muscles that big if you’re not gonna put them to good use?”
“Remind me why we bought the cake tin again?” Zack asked.
“So we can bake heart shaped cakes to show our love for each other”
“How the hell did your parents not guess you were gay for sixteen years?” Zack laughed
“Shut up!” Alex said with a smile as he threw his coke bottle at his boyfriend.
“Ow! Why did you aim for my face?”
“Just practicing for tonight” Alex winked at him and turned around to continue to walk to their car.
//
“Hey, I found the magazine article about the candles! It says ‘place the candles around the room and light for a sensual and intimate feeling’”
“Where should we put them like on the floor?” Zack asked.
“Why would we put them on the floor, it’s very likely that one of us will forget they’re there and step on them”
“Ok so put like two on the dresser, and then one on each of the bedside tables?”
“No, we’re not having any near the bed. We both know how clumsy you are Zack” Alex said as he placed the candles on top of their dresser and small desk.
“How am I clumsy?”
“Hey remember the time you drank a glass of water without spilling half of it? Yeah me neither”
“Alright chill”
“I don’t wanna chill I wanna get hot” Alex said, running his finger down Zack’s chest
“Abrupt change of subject but I’m into it” Zack murmured as he reached over to turn the lights out.
Zack unbuttoned Alex’s shirt and tossed it across the room, Alex did the same to Zack’s. Alex pressed a soft kiss to his boyfriends toned chest as they undid each other’s pants. Alex lit the candles before turning to Zack and roughly pushing him down onto the bed. Zack looked into his partner’s deep brown eyes as he slowly ran his hand up the boy’s leg. A soft moan escaped from Alex’s lips.
“Stop playing around” Alex whispered “I can’t wait any longer” Zack pulled Alex further onto the bed, running his soft hands down his back. Alex shivered. He could feel his boyfriend’s hard on pressed up against him.
“Uh, Zack just-” Alex was interrupted by the deafening screech of the smoke alarm. Both of the men leaped out of bed, frantically blowing out the candles.
“Fuck! There wasn’t even any smoke!”
“Well there obviously was, otherwise the fucking smoke alarm wouldn’t have gone off!” Zack screamed.
“How do I make it stop?” Alex yelled.
“I don’t fucking know Alex!”
“I guess we could” Alex started, but it was too late. Zack had picked up his shoe from beside the bed and thrown it full force at the smoke alarm. The plastic cover snapped in half and fell off and the battery was knocked to the floor. The couple stood in silence, looking at each other for a few seconds.
“Well, ok then. I was gonna suggest maybe fanning it with a magazine to get rid of the smoke? But yeah, I guess your way worked as well” Alex said with a raised eyebrow.
“I wasn’t gonna stand around while we thought of a plan, I had to act fast the noise was deafening” Zack said crossing his arms.
“That’s fine but I’m sure as hell not paying for a new alarm” Alex smirked
“Ah shit. How much do you think they cost?”
“I don’t know babe, maybe you should of that before you threw your fucking size 11 shoe at it” Alex smiled as he waltzed out of the room, leaving Zack with a broken smoke alarm and a slowly subsiding boner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so i'm not american and idk if they sell that kind of stuff in pottery barn but it's one of the only american homeware stores i know of, i tried
Anyway thanks for reading my story i hope you liked it! :)