Status: Update every 1st and 3rd Saturday!

Still Into You

Homecoming

Sweat trickled down my brow, chilling my skin in the cold December air. I filled my lungs, closing my eyes to let the sensation linger. My ears buzzed with white noise, blocking out the sounds of my bandmates chattering next to me. My fingers still buzzed with adrenaline, not yet winding down from the high of a show. Someone warm nudged against me, breaking my thoughts.

‘We’re heading out.’ Shinya motioned, taking his leave. I frowned, pushing myself from the cool brick wall and following after the lanky man. We boarded on to the bus, me taking my seat by the window at Shinya’s side. I glanced out the window, resting my chin in my palm. Lights bounced against the glass pane as we barreled down the road, heading toward our next destination in silence.

Shinya’s weight rested on my side, his bleached hair cascading down my shoulder. I could see the reflection of his sleeping face in the window. I was soon to follow. It was tradition.

I chuckled to myself, remembering the first time he’d fallen asleep on me. Back then, I thought he was a woman. He made my heart race. It was easy to mistake him for a woman, with his slender frame adorned in feminine dresses. The only thing that gave away his sex was his gruff voice. Nowadays, music was the only thing that made my heart race.

I glanced behind my seat, realizing I was the only one still awake. No surprise there. I let my heavy eyes fall shut, the hum of the road and gentle swaying of the bus lulled me to sleep.

xoxox


“Hey guys, wake up, we’re here.”

I woke to Toshiya shaking our bodies. It took a bit more convincing for Shinya. He rose reluctantly, glancing around in confusion. He set his eyes on me, coming to his senses.

“We’re home.” I grinned. It took a moment to really sink in.

“…Finally!” He pumped his fists in the air, jumping to his feet. Toshiya joined in the celebration, the two bolting out the door. I followed suit, smiling as I spied my home. Our tour was over. It seemed like we’d spent months on the road. The thought of sleeping in my own bed was fantastic. But right now, sleep was the last thing on my mind...

“Let’s get this party started!!!!” I screamed, running into the duplex Shinya and I shared with the rest of the guys. One by one our guests arrived-family, friends, girlfriends, groupies, fellow musicians, etc-to celebrate our return home. The house was packed by midnight, the walls swelling to make room for everyone. The air was thick with smoke and the floors vibrated beneath my feet.

“This is going to be such a pain to clean.” I heard Shinya grumble at my side, his arms crossed over his chest. My head spun, not concerned with the future.

“Have another beer.” I ordered, snagging one from a nearby ice bin for the small framed man. He grimaced, but took it reluctantly.

“I guess I’d rather enjoy myself than be the mood killer.” He smiled to himself, popping the cap off to take a swig.

“That’s the spirit.” I laughed, nudging him.

“I got a call earlier.” He mentioned. I angled my head toward him, noticing the sudden change in topic. “My gramps passed away this morning. They arranged his funeral for Tuesday, so I need to head home tomorrow.” He frowned.

“Shit. I’m sorry man.” I sighed, resting my palm on his shoulder. He shrugged.

“Yeah…so let’s make sure tonight’s a good night!” He smirked brightly. I mirrored the gesture, dragging the man into the mob of people.

xoxox


“I told you this would be a pain to clean!” Shinya whined from beneath his face mask, bursting trash bags in hand.

“You don’t need to remind me!” I groan, scrubbing god only knows what off the bathroom floor.

“Why did we agree to this again?”

“It was our turn to host the party.” I grumbled, holding back the reflex to gag. Of course the other guys didn’t stick around to help. “I already told you, you don’t need to stick around. I know you need to pack.” I reminded him.

“I’m not going to stick you with this mess.” His voice muttered from the hallway, the clanking of bottles indicating he was filling another trash bag. “Besides, you can just help me pack.” He snickered. I rolled my eyes, content with the cleanliness of the floor. Exiting the bathroom, I was surprised to find the kitchen and living room nearly spotless.

“You’re a beast.” I complimented. Shinya brushed by me, shrugging.

“I’m used to cleaning up after your slobbish ass.” He smirked before disappearing out the door. I grabbed a mop, finishing up the floors so that Shinya could prepare for his return home. A small bark at the door signaled that Shinya was back, Miyu jumping at his heels.

“Look who’s home!” A familiar voice exclaimed. It was Yumi, Shinya’s good friend and the only person alive trusted enough to babysit his dear Chihuahua.

“Did you miss your daddy?!” Shinya questioned in a baby tone.

“Hey Yumi!” I greeted the tall, dark haired woman. She grinned, waving.

“How was your tour? Shinya kept me updated, but that’s a rather biased opinion.” She teased, the man glaring at her from the floor as his dog crawled all over him.

“It was long.” I laughed, “But fun. I’m sure he would appreciate it more if he wasn’t separated from his darling pooch.” I teased.

“I’ll never leave you alone that long again.” Shinya promised the dog. He already planned to bring her with him this time. I’m sure he’d pack her bag before he even packed his own.

“Well I’ve got to get going.” Yumi stated. “It was nice seeing you-stay a bit longer next time!” She teased. Shinya pouted, picking up Miyu to hug Yumi farewell.

“We’ll hang out when I’m back.” He smiled. She grinned bashfully before ducking out. I smirked, making sure Shinya caught on.

“Oh can it.” He muttered, “It’s nothing like that.” He grumbled before disappearing into his room. I chuckled to myself, flipping on the television and lounging on my favorite chair. Before long, Shinya had said his farewells and was out the door, Miyu strapped over his shoulder in her dog carrier.

I took a heavy breath, closing my eyes as I finally realized I had no agenda today. No shows. No VIP meet and greets. No flights. No exhausting bus rides. Nothing. It was just me, myself, and I-alone for a whole day. I grinned, enjoying the moment.