Beyond His Sea Blue Eyes

Shoulder to Shoulder, We'll Answer Ireland's Call

*Ahead in the future*

As Angel stepped off the plane, all she could smell was the fresh air and the smell of the clear blue sea. Ireland was exactly how she had imagined, as far as the eye could see everything was many shades of green. There was old looking buildings, but even as old as they looked to Angel, they looked beautiful and she couldn't help but smile. Angel had been waiting for this moment for a long time, and finally her dream was coming true. As Angel looked around, she realized that everything here looked so different from what she was used to in Canada, it all made her kind of nervous.

Angel walked until she found a local pub, and as she walked inside it made her even more nervous because everyone inside was speaking Irish. She walked up to the counter and was addressed by a man, possibly in his early 40's, with dark brown hair and green eyes. He asked Angel if he could help as she showed him the map she had been given and asked if he knew the quickest way to Dublin. The man gave Angel directions and asked if she needed a guide to show her the way, as Angel hesitantly said yes the man called for someone named Colm. When Angel looked up, a young man in his early 30's - late 20's walked in. He had short brown hair and bright blue eyes, and he had the nicest smile you could imagine. He introduced himself as Colm and asked Angel where she was headed as she told him she was headed to Dublin.

Colm and Angel set out on their way as the sun started to set and the beautiful pinks and oranges of the sky showed. It was a quiet sort of walk until finally Colm broke the silence by asking what brought Angel to Ireland. She told him about how she had wanted to visit ever since she was a kid, and how her ancestors were from here. Then she told him how she was nervous walking into the pub since she didn't speak much Irish, which Colm laughed slightly. He told her he could teach her if she wanted, which Angel gladly agreed since she wanted to spend more time with him. A little while later it began to rain, and Angel shivered as Colm gave her his coat and put his arm around her. He told her that they should stop for the night at a hotel and they could continue to Dublin the next morning, so Angel agreed and they stopped at a hotel. Inside the hotel, the walls were a pale cream color and most of the rooms had different shades of green blankets and blinds and such.

Colm had payed for a single room for them to share, and Angel blushed as she realized there was only one bed in the room. As she curled up in the arm chair, Colm asked if she wanted to share the bed. He told her that he didn't mind and that it would probably be more comfortable then the chair. Angel agreed and got into the bed beside Colm as she heard thunder crash outside and she was glad Colm had said to stop. He asked her more about herself and Canada as she yawned and she answered his questions until finally she could keep her eyes open no more and she fell asleep.

As she slept, she couldn't help dreaming about Colm. His brown hair and blue eyes pierced her dreams making her wish that they wouldn't have to part ways once they reached Dublin but she knew they would. In her dream, Colm was the perfect guy. She wanted to make him fall inlove with her, she wanted to be
with someone like him for the rest of her life. Angel woke up sweating and in tears as more thunder crashed outside, and Colm was right there beside her trying to calm her down. After awhile, Angel calmed down and cuddled against Colm's chest as he had told her to do while he sang to her in Irish. Slowly she fell asleep listening to him sing as it kept her calm and made her unafraid.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Celtic Thunder - Ireland's Call