Run This Town

Almost there, don't give up now

“I don’t like this,” I sigh as I lean up against my Hennessey Venom GT. “I have a bad feeling about this. How can we trust Hobbs?”

“He’s been dating Crimson for four years,” Lexi states. “He could have busted us all this time and hasn’t done it. He wouldn’t do that to Crimson. He’s not going to bust us.”

“But why does he suddenly want to work with us?” I question her. “Something is fishy about this.”

“I agree with V,” Devon states. “This does seem fishy.”

“Do you guys not trust us?” Crimson asks as she walks up to us with her DSS agent boyfriend, Luke Hobbs.

You we trust,” I tell her. “Him, not so much.”

“If I wanted to bust you, I would have done it by now, Mathers.” Hobbs states. “I know all about your less than legal activities.”

“What less than legal activities are you talking about?” I ask, crossing my arms across my chest.

“We all know an exotic car dealer doesn’t exactly make enough commissions to legally purchase a Hennessey Venom GT.” He smirks.

“It was a gift,” I shrug. “My clients do give me gifts from time to time.” I know he knows I won this car due to racing for pink slips, I just feel like being a smartass bitch. And he knows this too.

“Why do you suddenly want to work with us?” I ask, getting straight down to business. “Why now after four years of knowing Crimson and us?”

“You share a common enemy with a couple friends of mine,” he states. “Deckard Shaw.”

The blood in my veins freeze at the mention of that name. My muscles go rigid as my hands ball up into fists at my sides. “Why would you mention that name?”

“I know what you think Shaw did to your brother, Vienna,” Hobbs states. “And I know for a fact that Shaw is behind your brother’s tragic death..”

“Then why isn’t he in fucking jail rotting!?” I yell. “If you know all of this why the hell is that fucker still walking free?”

“He has money,” Hobbs states. I just sigh, knowing he’s right. “But he’s come on our radar recently. He’s after the friends I mentioned before.”

“What did they do to piss Shaw off?” Lexi questions. “V told me stories of this guy, he’s a mercenary. He’s not someone to piss off.”

“They’re responsible for Owen Shaw’s death.”

“Baby Shaw’s dead?” I chuckle, “he got what was coming to him. Man was a grade A dick.”

“Well big brother is out for blood, he’s hunting down the crew one by one.” Hobbs informs us. “We want you to help them out as much as possible. They need drivers and you and the rest of the gang are the best I know. Besides, they’ll need someone that’ll want to see Shaw burn to the ground.” He looks at me as he says the last sentence.

“You’re crazy, you know that?” I question him. “You’re sending in a bunch of civilians to do your job. It’s going to take more than fast cars to beat him. He’s not some dude we’re racing for pink slips. He’s fucking insane.”

“He’s not our only problem,” he states, “but he’s the only problem I want to guys to worry about.”

“How are we suppose to even find this guy?” Devon asks. “And how can we be sure we can even trust these other guys?”

“In all due time,” Hobbs tells us. “You’ll meet the rest of them soon. I just want to make sure you guys know what you’re about to get into.”

“You act like we already said yes to this.” I scoff. “We haven’t given you our answer.”

“I know your answer, Mathers.” He smirks. “And I know damn straight the others will follow you. So don’t act like you’ll pass this up. You want to see Shaw fall more than anyone else. So what to do you say?”

“I still don’t trust you,” I tell him. “But it’s time that my brother’s killer is brought to justice. I’m in.” Without saying anything else, I get into my car and start it up. I give the girls one more look before speeding out of the garage and into L.A traffic.

A sigh escapes my lips as I play with the necklace my brother gave me nearly 5 years ago. I know this mission is crazy and possibly suicidal but I need to bring Shaw down; for my brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
V
V's car

Still looking for characters. Message me if interested. Also if you are already a character; what kind of car does you character want to drive?

comment&subscribe?