Run This Town

I'm Addicted to the Thrill

“When is Hobbs suppose to get here?” Evie asks as she walks into the garage. “There is a race tonight. Doesn’t he know this?”

“Apparently we’re working around his schedule now.” I sigh before going back to my laptop; searching for the latest cars and car shows my clients would be interested in.

“He’ll be here,” Crimson assures us. “He’s bringing his friends along too.”

“I thought he mentioned something about them living here in L.A,” Devon mentions. “It doesn’t take that long to get here for anywhere in this city.”

“He better not fuck us over, Crimson.” I tell her. “I don’t appreciate being fucked over by no one. I don’t care if he’s your boyfriend or not.”

“He’s not going to fuck us over,” she assures me. “I know him and he wouldn’t do that.”

Before I can open my mouth to say anything, Hobbs walks into the garage with a group of people behind him. “You still don’t trust me, do you Mathers?”

“Not as far as I can throw you,” I smirk before my eyes scan over the people behind him. The first one to catch my attention is the blond haired, blue eye man; Brian O’Connor. Second man I can recognize easily. Everyone in the racing world knows who he is; Dominic Toretto.

“Dominic Toretto, Brian O’Connor; this is Vienna Mathers.” Hobbs says, introducing us.

“Please call me, V.” I tell them. “The only people that call me Vienna are my parents. But nice to meet you. Sucks that it had to be this way. Being on Shaw’s hit list isn’t exactly something I envy you guys for. He’s a bastard.”

“You’ve met him?” Brian asks.

“Once or twice.” I reply. “I knew his baby brother quite well though. My brother was close with Owen. They’ve been attached at the hip since we first moved to London.”

“What were you doing out there?”

“Army brat,” I chuckle. “Name a city, I probably lived there. But London has a special place in my heart. Same with Tokyo.”

“V and her group of drivers are going to be helping you to get Shaw,” Hobbs informs the group behind him. “These girls are the best drivers in the United States. They’re also crazy enough to help you bring down Shaw.”

“How can we be so sure?” Dominic questions.

“Do you want us to audition?” Evie questions him, crossing her arms across her chest. “Because trust me, we will blow you away.”

“There is a race tonight,” I inform him. “All of us here as well as Lexi and Devon are racing. You are more than welcome to join us.”

“Are you racing the Hennessey up front?” Dom questions me.

“I’d blow away the competition if I did that,” I laugh. “My personal cars can be anything from rice burners to exotic, but I only race American muscle.” I inform him. Just as I do Vincent, our mechanic pulls up with my heavily modified Camaro ZL1. “We’re a lot alike Toretto,” I inform him as I point to my car. “American over export.” Dominic just smirks at me as Vincent walks over to us, tossing my keys at me.

“Your baby is ready,” he informs me, “try not to wreck it this time okay?”

“Yes, daddy.” I roll my eyes before returning my attention to Dominic. “See you tonight? I’m sure you’ll want to see us race right?”

“I’ll see you at the finish line.”

“See you guys in the victory circle,” I wave goodbye before heading home to take a quick shower before the race tonight.

Dominic Toretto

“What’s with her?” I ask Hobbs.

“Vienna’s brother worked for Shaw,” Hobbs’ girlfriend Crimson replies. “A deal went wrong and Shaw was responsible for her brother’s tragic death. After he was buried, she moved back here and the rest is history.”

“Where did she learn to race?” Brian asks. “I’ve seen cop footage of her, her style is different.”

“Tokyo,” Evie, I believe her name was, states. “Some guy took her under his wing and taught her everything she knows. I believe his name was Han.” Brian and I share a look before looking back at the brunette. “Plus she spent most of her racing life in London. And then moved out here. She adapts well to her surroundings. I’m sure her driving style is the same way.”

“You want someone like her on your team,” Crimson states. “She’s crazy as hell and doesn’t frighten easily. She knows her way around a car and knows exactly how to drive one. You can tell a lot about her when she’s behind the wheel and driving. That’s the only time you’ll see her vulnerable. Out of the car, she’s harder to get a feel for. She doesn’t open up easily.”

“Plus she wants Shaw almost as bad as you guys do,” Evie tells us. “But she’s not interested in just making him pay for her brother’s death by sending him to jail where he has the chance to be free. She’s out for blood. Eye for an eye.”

“I’m liking this girl more and more then,” I chuckle. “We’re after the same things. Shaw killed family. We’re out for blood too.”

“We’ll see you at the race, Toretto.” Crimson states. “Come on, Evie.”

The two girls walk out leaving Hobbs alone with us in the garage. “Are you sure this is a good idea?” Brian asks. “Why risk their lives as well?”

“You’re going to need more drivers,” he informs us. “Shaw is the only reason I called you in. There is a program out there that we need to find before it gets in the wrong hands.”

“And you need more drivers?” I inquire. “That’s where the girls come in.”

“They don’t know about the program,” he tells us. “But yes, that’s where they come in at. All of them are expert drivers. These girls are almost good as you when it comes to driving. Combining forces will help out greatly. This’ll be a walk in the park.”

“Let’s get to the race,” Brian states. “We might as well see the girls in action before it becomes a life and death sort of thing…”
♠ ♠ ♠
V's racing car
V

This is going to be one of those stories where you, the reader, get to pick which male character the leading lady gets to end up with. Cool?

I might not be able to update this until maybe Friday night (after I see Furious 7 duh). I also will be coming out with a Need for Speed/Fast and Furious crossover co-write. That will hopefully be worked on when I get back from Gainesville (ew UF) Tuesday.

comment&subscribe? I'm also still looking for characters for the fic. Message me if interested!