Status: My life is finally slowing down, I hope to have a chapter up within the next month or so. Thanks for the paitence!

Hope

Chapter Five

Everybody walked into Zacks house, Zack, Kristel and Amber coming in last. Zacks Great Dane ran to the door to greet them, making Kristel take a couple steps back, running into Zack. "Majesty, down," Zack commanded, making the Great Dane, Majesty, sit. "Do you not like dogs?" Zack laughed, gesturing for Kristel to walk into the living room.

"No, I like dogs," Kristel started, as she edged past Majesty. "I'm just not used to big dogs." Looking to her left, she saw Zacks little black dog, Icky. "Or little ones," she continued, as Icky growled at her.

"Majesty wouldn't hurt a fly," Zack laughed, patting Majesty on the head, making her wag her tail. "Ichabod, is just an ornery child." Kristel nodded, as Amber shifted her position, snuggled into Kristel's shoulder. "Do you want to put her to bed?" Zack asked. The rest of the guys plopped down on the couch, looking towards her, making her feel self-conscious.

"Yes, please," Kristel followed Zack to his room. She moved a couple pillows so that they made barriers, then put a blanket over them. Laying Amber into the small divot she had just made. Kristel then took some of the extra blanket and partially covered Amber, as Zack watched.

"Did you want to clean up?" Zack asked, after Kristel closed the door so it was open a crack.
Kristel acted surprised, for a second, then looked at her arms and clothes. She noticing how dirty she was, trying to think of the last time she had had a shower. "I probably should," she admitted, feeling her cheeks grow warm.

"Do you have any extra clothes?" Zack asked, after he showed Kristel where everything was in the bathroom.

"Yea-" Kristel stopped, her extra clothes were in her backpack and they hadn't found that. "Actually no." Kristel looked at the clothes she was wearing. Jeans that had started out as a blue, and a shirt that used to have a design on it, but she couldn't even tell what it was anymore. "C-Could I borrow some clothes for the night?" Kristel asked, biting her lip, she usually didn't like to ask for help, but now she had to suck it up, and she hated it.

"I have some clothes you can borrow." Zack walked out of the room, only to return minutes later with a shirt and some sweat pants. "I think these will fit you."

"Thanks...again," Kristel moved into the bathroom.

"Don't mention it," Zack replied, as the bathroom door shut. He then moved into the living room where the rest of the guys were getting comfortable.

"She's quiet," Jimmy blurted out, once he saw Zack walk into the room.

"Where is she?" Matt asked, noticing that Kristel hadn't followed Zack into the room.

"Taking a shower," Zack sat down in a chair, Icky jumping into his lap.

"How long had she been on the street?" Brian wondered out loud as the front door opened.

"Did you find her?" Val asked, walking into the room with Michelle and Gena.

"Yes!" Jimmy stated proudly, getting loud.

"Sh!" Zack tried to quiet Jimmy. "Her daughters in the other room."

"Sorry," Jimmy shrank into a chair.

"Where is she?" Michelle asked, looking around the room.

"She's cleaning up," Zack explained quickly, eyeing Gena warily.

"How old's her daughter?" Val asked, curious.

Zack shrugged, "She has her drinking formula, so she can't be that old."

"Poor thing," Michelle gasped. "Wonder how long she's been on the street?"

"I'm not sure," Zack shrugged. The bathroom door opened a couple minutes later. Kristel appearing soon after, making all eyes turn on her, making her shrink back.

"That was quick," Zack looked towards Kristel surprised.

"I-I didn't want to take a long time," Kristel said quietly, wringing her hands. She looked into the room to see more people had been added. Kristel glanced towards Zack, unsure what to do.

"Here let me introduce you," Zack started, noticing Kristel's shyness. "This is Val, Matt's wife, that's Val's twin, Michelle, she's Brian's fiancé, and that's-"

"Hi, my name's Gena," Gena interrupted Zack, draping her arms around his neck. "Zacks' girlfriend."

"Gena, get off me," Zack took Gena's arms off himself, annoyed. "We're not together."

Gena acted offended, "So what does she have that I don't?"

"W-What?" Zack asked, surprised. Kristel looked from Zack to Gena, unsure what to do, making her bite her lip.

"Look at her!" Gena yelled, making everyone look at Kristel, making her more than ever wish she wasn't right there. "Unkempt hair, pale skin, skinny, her clothes are close to falling off."

"Gena, that's enough," Matt growled from the couch, as Kristel hugged herself, tears in her eyes.

"And then she has a kid!" Gena continued, making Kristel look at her. "What kind of mother lets herself get kicked to the street with their kid! The kid would wind up turning into a welfare leach, living off taxpayers' money, and not getting a decent education!"

"Gena, that's enough!" Zack raised his voice quieting everyone. "It's time for you to leave."

Gena gasped, offended. "But Zacky," she whined, giving her best puppy dog eyes.

"Out!" Zack repeated, pointing towards the door. "I don't want to see you anywhere near this house again."

"Fine," Gena spat, before turning on her heel and slamming the door.

Kristel cringed, as the door slammed, then ran to Zacks room when Amber started to cry, trying not to cry herself. "Zack, I'm sorry for bringing her over here," Val apologized. "She said she had to talk to you, that's the only reason I brought her."

Zack rubbed the back of his neck, sighing, "It's okay."

Kristel walked back in a few minutes later. "How is she?" Zack asked, gesturing for Kristel to sit down on a chair.

"She's good," Kristel replied, sitting, eyeing Zacks dogs, making sure they kept their distance.

"I'm sorry for what Gena said," Zack apologized, making Kristel shake her head, yawning.

"I've heard worse," Kristel shrugged, giving a small smile, looking at everyone in the room.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" Michelle asked Kristel, trying to change the subject. Kristel shrugged her shoulders, suddenly feeling tired. "Would you like to go shopping for some outfits?"

"Oh, yes!" Val exclaimed, excitedly. "Macy's has an amazing sale tomorrow."

"Oh boy," Brian laughed, rolling his eyes.

"I guess," Kristel shrugged, not sure where she was going to get money for outfits.

"Oh, and we can get outfits for your daughter too," Michelle giggled, starting to get excited. Kristel smiled as she rested her head on the chair back, a little as Val agreed. "Should we pick you and your daughter up around ten?"

"Uh," Kristel started, not sure. "I guess that sounds good, but I can't find Amber's car seat , we couldn't find it on the beach before coming here."

"I think I know someone who might have one you can borrow," Val offered, making Matt give her a quizzical look.

"I'd appreciate that," Kristel nodded her head, attempting to suppress a yawn.

"You better get to bed," Val giggled. "We'll be over to pick you up in the morning."

Kristel nodded, as Zack offered to walk her to his room. Zack helped Kristel into the bed, and tucked her in, making her smile, before she nodded off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to get this chapter up. This week was not fun at all. Hope everyone likes the chapter. I most likely won't have anything up for four days at least. I work night shifts the next couple of days.

Comment, Subscribe, Enjoy!