The Girl Who Stayed

Part Two

“Welcome to England 1987!” The Doctor placed his hands on his hips and sniffed in the air, proud of himself as if he accomplished something incredible.

“Actually America. 1940. February 23rd to be exact.” I adjusted the snugly fit blue dress I found in the closet that the Doctor had directed me to. “I believe we're in California, actually.”

“How... how did you figure all that out?” The Doctor raised his eyebrow at me.

“It said it all on the screen.” I shrugged and stepped out of the TARDIS. “I can't believe this! This is so incredible. I can't believe I'm actually--” A man in the distance caught my eye. “No. Freaking. Way.”

“The screen! Why do I never check the screen? What? What are you staring at?” I lifted my finger, almost too starstruck to speak. The man who shaped my childhood was standing there. Less than 30 feet away. “Mia?”

“That's... that's Walt Disney, the Walt Disney! How's my hair? Does it look alright?” The Doctor rolled his eyes and turned his head in the direction I was staring.

“Would you look at that! It is! I'd say we landed somewhere important--”

“Pinocchio!” I nearly yelled. “Sorry. That was super loud.” I blushed as the Doctor flashed a big goofy smile at me.

“Don't look now, but I think Walt is headed this way.” I froze as I watched Walt Disney make his way towards us. “Hello, Mr. Disney.” The Doctor nudged me to try and get me to say hello. My words failed me as I opened my mouth. Nothing came out.

“Hello!” Walt smiled. “How did you two end up here? If you don't mind my asked, that is. It's always a pleasure to meet to people, of course, but I don't quite remember sending out an invitation to you two, and I always know who I send my invitations to.” Oh my god we were at the opening night of Pinocchio. “And I would definitely remember meeting someone with a magic box.”

“The TARDIS?” I finally blurted out. “That doesn't like... freak you out?” I was still in shock from my trip! Or maybe that was just the fact that I was speaking to Mr. Disney himself. But I don't know what I would do if I saw a giant blue box just show up out of nowhere. But then again, he was Walt Disney. He made magic come to life on the big screen all the time. “Forget I asked that. Hi, I'm Mia. I'm a huge fan.” I smiled as he shook my hand.

“Well then, I suppose introducing myself would be pointless, seeing as you know me.” He laughed. Even his laugh sounded like magic come to life. “And who is your friend?”

“The Doctor. Just the Doctor.” He introduced himself, shaking Walt's hand.

“Well Mia and Just the Doctor I'm happy to tell you that you're just in time for the movie!” I was practically jumping up and down in excitement. “And it's on me, only if I get to take a look inside.” Walt pointed towards the TARDIS. I looked over at the Doctor who had a skeptical look on his face.

“Please.” I whispered at the Doctor. “I mean, if you want. I'm not the one in charge. You know what you're doing. I don't. Carry on.” The Doctor jerked his head in a separate direction and I immediately followed him.

“Listen, I know this is a really exciting moment for you, for both of us actually, but I'm not sure that's really even him.”

“What?!” I looked back. “He looks like Walt... and he sure sounds like--”

“I've met Walt before this, and he would definitely remember me. Well, I had a different face then, but--”

“Wait, different face?”

“It's a... long story, but he would definitely have remembered me from my name. How many people could be called 'the Doctor'?”

“So... Walt Disney might be...?”

“Alien.”

“Holy crap.”

“Well, not Walt Disney, the thing pretending to be Walt Disney.” I nodded as I felt the disappointment wash over me. “I know this was supposed to be a quick trip, but we may have to save Walt Disney.”

“Okay, I know this is a really serious situation, but that sounded so cool!” I smiled as the Doctor chuckled.

“Let's get to work.” I smiled and followed the Doctor back over to Disney. “Mr. Disney! We have a deal! But the movie first, of course. We don't want to worry people if we don't make it back.” The Doctor winked at me and my cheeks heated.

“Of course, my boy! Come with me!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I've decided this is going to be at least three or four parts. No more than five, though. So sorry it took so long to update! I've been busy with work and I've just not been motivated to write whatsoever. Thank you for reading and subscribing!

Katie