Status: Ongoing

The One Time Charlie Didn't Follow the Rules

The first meeting

Ryan

This was just ridiculous! How the hell could black hair color turn bright green? Was this some prank? Did the universe just pull a prank on him?! Ryan sighed and looked in the mirror, touching his, now green hair, softly, worryingly. His parents were going to kill him, not that they wouldn’t do that if his hair was dead black, but green? His brown eyes fell on the old leather jacket on the chair behind him. “Okay old buddy, it’s just you, me and the green hair. We can rock this.” He pulled on the leather jacket, took one last look in the mirror, and walked to the window. There was no way in hell he would take this argument this early in the morning. He opened the window and climbed into the tree in front of it; he swung down the branches like a green haired monkey and landed on the ground with elegance. He worriedly looked at the kitchen window, but no one was there. Yes! He hurried, just in case, to the bus stop and waited. He pulled a cigarette from his pocket and fumbled after his lighter. “Fuck!” He’d forgotten it. He looked at his watch; there was no time to go back to his house. He could feel the anger rise inside him and he kicked the bus stop sign and cussed loudly. “I’m sorry?” A voice behind him asked, and he turned around quickly, anger still in his eyes. “What?!” behind him stood a young man, about the same age as Ryan. He was tall, skinny and had long blond hair that went to his shoulders; Ryan noticed small freckles on the brink of his nose. He looked up at Ryan through his bangs that fell into his eyes. Ryan felt a kick in his stomach, like he was going to throw up, but in a nice way. ‘What the fuck?’ he thought but kept quiet. The boy looked scared and Ryan realized he’d yelled at him. But before he could say sorry, Kat walked up to the boy and put an arm around him. “Hey Charles. Ryan.” She greeted and Ryan quickly gathered himself. “Hey babe.” Ryan muttered, ignoring the new guy for now, took the cigarette out of his mouth and went over and kissed Kat straight on the mouth. Kat smiled against his lips and pulled away. “What did we talk about, playboy?” she said, laughing a little at her own joke and looked at the new kid. Ryan tried not to look at him. “This is Ryan, he’s a friend of mine.” She said and Ryan nodded towards the ground. The boy muttered something under his breath, and handed Ryan something. This forced Ryan to look at the boy again, and once again his stomach curled in on itself. The guy’s eyes were the brightest green Ryan had ever seen. He forced himself to look away from all the green and looked at what the other was holding towards him, a lighter.

Charles

The other man, Ryan, took the lighter and muttered a “thanks“ without looking at Charles. Charles smiled weakly and nodded, his hair falling down in his face again. He ignored it for now, it hid his blush. Ryan was indeed handsome, Kat was right about that. They had spent the morning in Kats room, talking about Charles new class. Kat had gone on and on about them, but mostly Ryan. It was clear that Kat had a thing for Ryan, and lucky for her, it looked like he liked her too. Charles was happy for her, even though he knew it wouldn't last. As far as Kat had told, Ryan was a classic Casanova. Charles looked at Kat, she was blushing lightly. Charles looked at Ryan, he was looking down the road, and all of a sudden, he turned his head slightly and looked directly at Charles. When he noticed Charles looking he looked away immediately, like burned. They all stood in silence for a while, until Kat said, a little too loud; “Here’s the bus.” And sure enough, the bus pulled around a corner and came their way. It pulled to a stop and they all got on. Charles couldn't help to notice the way Ryan looked at Kats back, with a small smirk on his lips, like a hungry wolf. As they got on the bus, something happened. It was like a barricade was created between him and the others, like he was not welcome; he stopped as the others kept going to the back of the bus, where the popular kids were. Charles sat down on one of the first seats he could find. The kid nest to him got up, and moved to another seat. ‘Great’ he thought ‘this is going to be a long day’.
♠ ♠ ♠
One out of many to follow