Status: I hope you guys will give this a chance and stick with me! I love you :3

After Abyss Online

『Prologue』

『Prologue』

The coffee shop was always quiet and serene. It was a two-storey building at the end of the street a few blocks away from Levy Watson's school. A good and perfect place for people who just want tranquility or for students who want to study.

That's until she and her friend, Heather Carter, enter the premises.

"My cousin moved into town just this morning!" Heather whined as she held the glass door for Levy, instantly breaking the peace and quiet inside the shop.

"Can't you just keep it down, you insufferable poor excuse of a life?" Levy snapped, kicking her friend's leg swiftly, who winced at the force.

"Ah, don't be so abusive, shortie!"

It was a bad idea to call her that. And Heather knew that, among all people. It was too late before she realised what she just did. She saw Levy's eyes glint evilly, and she was so done.

When they found a seat by the window (which was the usual place they choose when they come here) , Heather was now suffering an aching at the back of her neck from Levy's slap.

The two ordered their usual cup of frappucino, then set on to their recreations. School was hectic, and adjusting to their new schedules was hard. The subjects were getting harder for Heather, while Levy was having a hard time trying to keep her interest into them. This was just a good time to relax and escape the stress.

"So, about your cousin," Levy said while playing another one of her mystery games on her trusty laptop.

"Eh? What about him?"

"Is it a boy or a girl?"

Don't get her wrong. Levy's not interested in her cousin whatsoever. As if she wanted anything other than sucess and technology. Just... a friendly help of some sort.

"He's unfortunately a boy," Heather, said, twirling her phone around in boredom while looking at her friend who's hooked into the game.

Levy glanced over the screen momentarily, "Why 'unfortunately'?"

"That means I'll have to take care of him! His parents sent him here because they can't handle him, and they left him to my care!" Heather said in frustration, slamming her hands on the table, "How on earth am I to handle this?"

The two remained quiet. There was nothing much Levy can even say about this. Her ways didn't exactly fit into what Heather seems right, so the things she had in mind weren't worth speaking out.

"I guess we'll just have to deal with him," She said in deadpan.

Heather knew when her friend is going to do something, and this time, she can sense she isn't really going to do anything about it, but why does she have the feeling something bad is going to happen?