Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Requiem

Chapter I

Chapter I
P.O.V. Of; Kale

All my life I’ve never really put much faith in God. I didn’t believe in Heaven and Hell. Not to say I don’t believe your soul travels somewhere else when you die. I believe the soul passes through the veil that dived the world of living and the world of the dead. I believe the world of the dead is all around us. We just can’t see it physically. But growing up in a small church community with a devote Baptist grandmother didn’t make me very popular. If anything it earned me a few beatings. My little sister got the worst of it though, that mean old woman would keep her locked up for days in the attic. My sister is a hypersensitive she can feel energies and spirits. And sometimes feel others emotions as if they are her own. It was hard, but she learned to master her craft. I nudged her lightly as we passed the “Welcome to Huntington Beach” sign.

“We’re here Bunny”.
I said. Krissi yawned opening her eyes looking over at me.
“Kat, you know I didn’t get much sleep last night”.
She frowned rubbing her eyes reminding me of our younger days. I smiled at her nickname for me. She was “Bunny” after her favorite super heroine “Sailor Moon”. And I was “Kat” after “Cat woman”. It was part of our bond as twins.

“I know, but I need you awake for this investigation”.
I said as we pulled up to the grave yard. Krissi winced at the sight of all the headstones. I closed my hand around hers squeezing it lightly as she closed her eyes putting protection around herself to ward off the dead. I gave her a minute before she opened her eyes and smiled at me.
“I’m ok, who are we meeting here again?”
She asked as we got out of the car and she shrugged into her faded denim jacket. I linked arms with her walking away from the car.

“Some guy who calls himself “Shadows” the weirdos you meet in this line of work”.
I smirked. Krissi gave a light laugh.
“I guess that makes us weirdos too huh?”
She beamed at me. We started up the gravel walk way and came to a stop seeing him. Krissi blinked at the sight of him while I grinned.
“Hot”.
I smirked. Krissi rolled her eyes shaking her head.
“You really need to focus on the job”.
She scolded. We approached him and he turned towards us.
“Kale and Krissi?”
He questioned. I smiled up at him.
“In the flesh. You must be Shadows”.
He nodded to me.

“I am”.
Krissi looked around while I talked with the client.
“So what’s the deal? Poltergeist activity is pretty serious stuff”.
I said crossing my arms. He nodded.
“It is, but I heard you two were the best so I had to call you in”.
Shadows said. My gaze shifted and I saw Krissi gaping at a man not far from us. He smirked at her looking like a hungry lion about to pounce on her. I walked over grabbing her arm pulling her back to me shooting a hard look at the guy she had been looking at.

“I know him”.
She whispered as I pulled her away. She looked back over her shoulder.
“He’s from my dream”.
I rolled my eyes at her looking back to Shadows.
“Sorry about her, she’s got an active imagination”.
I said standing between Krissi and the guy.

“Anyway, you were saying”.
I continued. Shadows handed me a piece of paper with an address on it.
“Just be here tonight. Do your investigation and tell me what you find”.
He said turning and walking away. I looked down at the address then back to Krissi.
“Ok, this guys a nut job we’re leaving”.
I said leading Krissi away she pulled free and I gaped at her.
“Krissi!”
I called after her as I followed cursing the fact I was wearing heels that day. The guy looked back at her and smirked again.

“Wait!”
Krissi said stumbling to a stop. The guy was quick with reflexes catching her before she could fall over. She looked up at him.
“What’s your name?”
Krissi asked him. I grabbed her arm to pull her away from the pervo freak but he had hold of her too.
“Brian”.
He said. Krissi smiled up at him looking at him like she’d been waiting all her life for this moment.
“Ok we’re leaving now”.
I said pulling her away narrowing my eyes at Brian who only grinned at me as I forced Krissi away from them.

“Jesus fucking Christ Krissi! That guy could be a peto for all you know!”
I said once we were in the car. She looked away from me.
“He isn’t, he’d never hurt me. He’s going to protect me”.
Krissi said with confidence. I shook my head starting the car.
“It’s just a dream Krissi, guys like that only care about what’s in their pants and what’s in yours”.

Krissi was silent the whole drive to the location we were given and I kind of felt bad for snapping at her like that. But the last thing I needed was to lose my sister to some tattooed asshole who thought he was god’s gift.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3