Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Requiem

Chapter V

Chapter V
P.O.V Of; Kale

I ran after Brian narrowing my eyes at him. He had no right to call me fucking heartless. I could be a bitch but I had my reasons. Still none of that mattered now. I needed to get my sister back.
“Who was that guy? Where did he take her?”
I demanded answers as Brian punched a code into a keypad opening a volt of weapons. Brian ignored me entering the volt and Jimmy appeared out of nothing a big smile on his face.
“I love raids”.
He beamed. I rolled my eyes at him turning back to Brian crossing my arms.

“What the fuck is going on!”
I roared. Brian looked back at me grabbing me by my shoulders and forcing me from the volt.
“That sick freak is my half-brother. He’s also a fae seller with a grudge against me! Because the woman he loved became obsessed with me and she killed herself when I rejected her”.
I gaped at Brian tears rolling down my cheeks as Matt, Johnny and Zacky all appeared grabbing weapons now.

“Fae seller?”
I whispered through my tears. Brian nodded.
“Yeah. Still think its all lies?”
He growled at me before going back into the volt. I hugged myself watching them.
“I’m going with you”.
I said firmly. Brian narrowed his eyes back at me.
“No! You’ve done enough! Stay here”.
He snapped storming towards the doors. I ran after him.
“Krissi is MY sister! I don’t know what kind of freakish claim you think you have over her, but she is mine!”

Brian stopped in his tracks looking back at me.
“Right, like she was in high school?”
My heart sank as I looked up at him.
“While you were drinking and partying your life away, your asshole friends were tormenting her!”
I looked away from him.
“I didn’t know about that until”.
I trailed off.
“Until it was too late. And your boyfriend fucking forced himself on your sister!”

Brian growled at me causing me to tremble as guilt and pain swelled within me.
“I didn’t know!”
I growled back at him. Brian kept his eyes narrowed at me.
“Who do you think she talked to about all those things? Who do you think kept her from killing herself when her own fucking sister didn’t believe her! You had to walk in on him trying to hurt her to believe any of it!”
Brian roared at me. The others fell silent around me.

“But even then, it was all about you. Because seeing that caused you so much pain that you miscarried a child you shouldn’t have been having with the bastard in the first place at that age!”
Brian finished, revealing the one true thing that shamed me more than anything in my life in front of everyone. I let her get hurt, and when she was getting hurt I turned my back on her. And then, when the truth came out no one gave a damn about her because they were all worried about me.
“Are you done making me look bad or do you have a fucking point!”
I roared at Brian. Brian narrowed his eyes to slits and I instantly regretted speaking at all.

“I’m saying you’ve always done this to her! You act all protective and loving of her when it’s fucking convenient for you! When it offers some sort or redemption for the fact that you’ve allowed other people to damage her in ways no one should have to endure! You talk a big game and act all loving when everyone else is around to see it! But when it comes right down to it. You’ve always just been a hollowed out dark fae bitch. Who cares nothing for anyone but herself? And now that I have her. Now that I’m more than an image in her mind. You will NEVER hurt her again”.
Brian roared at me.

I reared my hand to slap him but he caught my wrist and fear pulsed through me as his eyes became pure black.
“Go ahead Priestess fuck with me”.
Brian sneered in a demonic tone. I pulled my wrist free backing up from him. He smirked looking to Matt.

“Let’s go. Johnny stay here with the other one”.
Brian said turning towards the door.
“I’ll stay”.
Zacky said. I looked over at him not sure why he’d offer that. Most of all after I bit him. Brian walked out followed by Matt, Johnny and Jimmy. I slumped back into the wall braking down crying into my knees as I hugged myself. I felt an arm around my shoulders looking over at Zacky as he sat next to me.

“What are you doing?”
I sniffed. Zacky rolled his eyes.
“Comforting you?”
He said as if it should have been obvious to me. I looked away from him resting my chin on my knees.
“I thought you hated me”.
I whispered. Zacky smirked to himself.

“I’m not a fan of the fact you bit me when I was checking to see if you were alive. But I don’t hate you. I just, well your hard to handle sometimes”.
He stammered. I smirked to myself drying my eyes.
“I’ve always been the stupid reckless one. I’ve fucked up so much, most of all with Krissi. I was shocked she was so willing to forgive me. When I got back from the hospital. She took care of me and I let her. That was wrong, I should have been taking care of her! I should have fucking killed Ian for raping her and turning us against each other! But I was so ashamed. What right did I have to care for her after all I caused her”?

I sniffed shaking my head lightly.
“I wasn’t the older sister I am now back then. I didn’t give a damn about anyone else and I lost sight of what was important. But she never did. I should have kept her safe and I’ll never forgive myself for hurting her the way I did”.
I whispered hanging my head.

“I abandoned her. I should have put my shit aside and cared for her more. That’s what older siblings are supposed to do”.
I said drying my eyes. Zacky smirked to himself.
“No one expects you to be an angel Kale. No one is perfect, and yeah your sister went through hell. But eventually you were there to bring her out of it. You two started a business together. He bonded the way twins should. And you don’t have to worry about those people from your past anymore. You turned your life around when anyone else would have just said “Fuck it I like things the way they are”.
Zacky said. I looked at him and smiled a little.

“Thanks”.
I whispered. Zacky smirked at me.
“You know. When you’re not biting me your actually kind of ok”.
Zacky said after a moment of silence. I smirked to myself shaking my head lightly.
“So are you, when you’re not hovering over me and freaking me out”.
I retorted. I knew I’d made tons of mistakes with Krissi in my youth. And I knew she’d forgiven me. But the guilt was still there. It always would be. Zacky was nice enough to comfort me but I knew I didn’t deserve comfort, I just hoped my sister would be alright.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3