‹ Prequel: Kill The Messenger

Crossroads

Waiting

Was it his smile, was it his smell, was it his voice that gave me hell. Whatever it was I liked it. Everything about him drove me crazy and to put it simply everything about him was my greatest temptation.

And I tried to get away but temptation came my way.

There's one thing I can say about the life I'm living right now, my heart's already broken so I don't have to worry about getting hurt anymore. All those other people that say "True love waits," are sorely mistaken.

I was truly in love.

He didn't wait.

I did.

So I'm still sitting here, holding my breath -not literally - waititng for him to wait for me. His job is more important, though it's been two years. I can't stop waiting.

I can't leave and carry on with my own life, he is my life and he's carrying on without me. I'm waiting for time to stop, waiting for everything to wait on me.

Even if time is an unstoppable force I'll wait. I'll wait for me to get stronger or time to get weaker. Nothing was going to happen.

I picked up the phone and dialed Jimmy's phone number. Busy, once again.

Maybe for once instead of waiting for something to happen in my favor. I'm going to do something about it myself.

I took one deep breath, "You're strong enough, " and I walked out of my house and started down the street.
♠ ♠ ♠
Huh, Huh? You like? Let me know!