Catnip

0. Prolouge

-No one's POV-

Alan Ashby, a human-cat hybrid, walked down the streets of New York, New York. Little droplets of rain landed on his slightly saturated orange hair, a frown was present on the ginger's face. He was desperate to get back to his little apartment before it started to rain harder than it was.

For a person who hated the rain, it just wasn't his day. He pulled his slick black raincoat closer to his curvy body. He didn't want to get his body wet, he hated it when he got wet. His ebony converse caused water to splash on his skinny jeans while he walked. The liquid caused splotches of darkness to appear on his already raven colored jeans, an annoyed look appeared on the teenager's face.

He pulled the beanie closer to his head, praying it wouldn't fall off and reveal his cat-like ears. He glanced around at his surroundings, people with umbrellas and raincoats walked either the same way he was walking, or the opposite. There weren't as many people out as there normally were around this time of the day, due to the weather.

He picked up his pace, drawing closer to his designation. However, he was stopped short by a somewhat tall man in a suite, a few other guys in suites followed closely behind the man. The man he had originally ran into had a few tattoos on his neck, from what The ginger could tell. His hair was shorter than his and more like a quiff.

He smelled like a dog. Wet dog to be exact. Then again he did have a bulldog next to him on a lesh. Alan moved away from him quickly, letting out a low hiss towards the dog. He hope the man didn't notice the cat-like behavior. The man, with roman symbols placed near his neck, glared at the teenage misfit.

Alan began to run away, trying his best to get a distance between the men. He wanted no part in the activities they took part in. He knew who they were, well at least who they could be. They could be part of the Mafia, Gangs, Hybrid hunters or some other illegal business. Or maybe they were just ordinary business men. The problem with the last option was that they didn't give off the feeling of ordinary business men.

The ginger turned on his heal and walked at a fast pace at first, then breaking into a run. Not an ounce of fear was in him though. He was daring the men to chase him.

"Get him." The mysterious man commanded, the other men in suites began to run after Alan.

Alan glanced back at the men, smirking slightly. Those dumb fuc.kers. Alan thought. His cat instincts began to kick in, climb. Climb. Climb away from danger. They whispered to him. He followed his instincts, searching for the nearest balcony that look suitable enough for his weight. Alan paused for a second, glancing back at the men. They were closing in on him quickly.

Alan grabbed the ladder, going up several bars at a time. He did this until he was almost to the top, the men hot in his tail. He finally got to the roof of the building, glancing around quickly. Before he could climb onto the roof itself, a hand grabbed his leg, pulling him off balance.

He lost his footing and fell, twisting his body in a way so he'd land on all fours. Just like a cat. He was lucky the building wasn't too high, it was just merely four stories tall. If it had been any higher he would have died from the fall. The ginger quickly got to both of his feet, glancing up at the men who were looking down at him with shock evident on their faces.

He stuck my tongue out at them, flipping them off. Just as Alan was about to turn and run, he ran into the tattooed man. He looked at the guy in shock, the man looking at him in curiosity.

"Now, now, kitty. Make this easy for yourself." He spoke, reaching inside of his coat.

Alan backed away from the man, starting to run again. This time it was out of fear. He felt two pricks in his back calf and bum, causing the hybrid to hiss in moderate pain. He ran away from the male, the bulldog ran after Alan, barking like a mad dog. Alan made it nearly one block before finally passing out, the dog stopping at his side to sniff the hybrid.

A few moment later the tattooed man examined the hybrid, picking the tranquilizer darts from the hybrids bum and back calf. He moved the beanie off the head of Alan, nodding slightly at the ears slightly poking out of his orange hair. The man rubbed the hybrid in between the ears, then picked him up once petting his bulldog on the head.
♠ ♠ ♠
The rest of the book will be in Alan's POV, unless stated otherwise.