Catnip

14. Time For Another One. . .Or Not?

I ran my hand along my 14 week old, and slightly chubby, stomach. Austin was out doing whatever it is he does with the gang, while I was stuck here with our unborn child. Somewhere along the following month we had began to grow closer than any kidnapper and victim I've ever heard about.

Austin would allow me to cuddle up with him when I felt the overwhelming desire to do so, which I would blame the hormones. He thought it was something more, but I refused to think of that. I sigh to myself, sitting up some when I got one of those hormonal balancing cramps. I run my hands up and down my side softly, only stopping when the cramps subsided.

I moved my sock covered feet off of the bed and over the side. I stood up and walked towards the kitchen, as I was told to keep hydrated and what-not during this part of my pregnancy. I also had to consume around 300 calories more than my normal calorie intake.

I went through the fridge, looking for something healthy to snack on. I was just about to grab something to eat when a panicked Kellin walk into the kitchen. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow, before closing the fridge. I tried to process what he was saying.

"Kellin doesn't know what to do! I-Kellin has felt sick for the past week and his Vic said to take one of those stick things that told Kellin he was p-pregnant, a-a-and Kellin doesn't know what to do!" was all I got from his stressed rambling.

"Kellin?" I say, trying to get his attention. He continued and I said his name again, and more firmer. The second time got his attention.

"Did Vic tell you to take a pregnancy test? Is this why you're freaking out?" I asked, being less strict with my words. I spoke gently and loud enough for him to hear me.

"Y-yes, Kellin's Vic did?" He said, looking a little confused at the term 'pregnancy test.'

"Did you take the test yet?" I asked

"Kellin did. Kellin just doesn't know what it means!" He says, exasperated.

"Where's Vic?" I looked at him questionably.

"Kellin's Vic went to do some business things." Kellin pronounced the word 'business' slowly, but correctly. I gave a little nod, knowing Vic would probably be home when Austin was.

"Do you want me to tell you what it means?" He nodded and began walking. I guessed he was taking me to it, so I followed him. He paused at the doorway to Vic and his's bathroom. I looked at him and he motioned for me to go inside.

When I did I looked for the pregnancy test. Once I had found it, I glanced at it before looking at Kellin who had showed me where it was at.

"Where's the box it came in?" Kellin grabbed the box from where it was and handed it to me.

I looked at the box an what it said about the results, then at the stick. Once I had concluded what the results were, I turned to look at Kellin.

"Congratulations, you're pregnant." I smiled a little bit, but frowned when I noticed his facial expression. Kellin looked a little shocked, but then he looked terrified. I looked at him with confusion.

"What's wrong?"

"Kellin doesn't want this." When he said the last word he motioned to his stomach. His words shocked me and left one question running through my mind.

"Why?" I asked the question out loud, not really filtering my thoughts.

Kellin had nearly died when he gave birth to his first child, and now he was having a second one? If this was happening to me I would have probably reacted the same way. Kellin looked at me, his eyes tearing up already.

"Vic said that if Kellin is pregnant th-that h-h-he would-" He cut himself off, tears started to roll out of his eyes and onto his cheeks.

"Oh, darling. C'mere." I said, opening my arms for him to come over for a hug.

He didn't hesitant to hug me either. His arms wrapped firmly around my back and underneath my arms while I hugged him. I ran my hand along his back gently, his tears slowly soaking through the sweater that I was wearing.

The moment he calmed down was when he was starting to drift into sleep. I rubbed his back a little bit,trying to move away from him but his grip was not budging anytime soon. I sigh to myself and decided to try to convince him to move to a bed for now.

"Kellin? Kellin, dear. I think it's time that you go to bed." I say being soft and gentle as I could be with my words.

"K-Kellin does not want to sleep in his and Vic's bed." He said quietly.

"How about you sleep in mine for now?" I suggested, he nodded against my chest tiredly.

After I was sure Kellin was asleep in my bed I went back towards the kitchen. I paused in the middle of the hallway when I saw Vic and Austin walking. I walked a little faster, anger filling my body. I was angry at Vic. Why? Because of what he's said to Kellin. My body was tense and my tail was starting to swish around angrily.

"You fu.cking bastard!" I say accusingly, slapping Vic across the face.. My ears were against my head from the anger coursing through my body.

"Excuse me?" Vic looked at me with shock and anger. "Why, in the name of hell, did yo-?"

"You know that pregnancy test you told Kellin to take? Well guess what, it came back positive. And Kellin is scared shitless because he is afraid of what you'll do to him because of that child growing inside of him." My voice got louder and angrier as I spoke. I pushed him rougher with each time I exaggerated a word.

"You better get your ass in that room and convince him that everything is going to all-fu.cking-right." Vic looked at me with a bit of shock, and what I thought to be confusion once I had completed my short rant.

"Well, Vic. I would say that you might want to solve your problems with Kellin, or else you're going to have a very, very, angry pregnant man chasing you down." Austin said, amusement laced in his voice. I glanced at him, then back at Vic. Austin made no move to stop me from what I was doing.

"Vic...I swear to God if you two have not made up and I have to deal with my friend begin upset because of you, I will find you and cut your di.ck. off." I made my threat clear to him before he decided to go into my room and sort his problems out with Kellin.