Status: She said she hates her life and wants to change her ways.

Hold Onto Me

00. Hidden Treasure

I was born by chance. Not in the “almost died at birth,” or, “almost killed my mum at birth” kind of way, but in the, “parents wanted three sons and with the last son, got a girl too” way.

It kind of made me the treasure. Not because I was any better than my brothers, but because I was special. So special I was almost immediately moved out of Italy and into Ireland, where some friends of my father’s lived.

Most of my early years were spent moving around the United Kingdom. I lived in each country at least for a short time, until I was five years old. That’s when I settled in London with some different family friends, some that had no physical ties to my parents whatsoever.

I still vacationed in Italy from time to time, spending a few weeks of every summer and winter hidden away in the safety of the vacation home “owned” by someone not connected to my parents.

It had to be this way, but I was used to the way things were now. My childhood was more than an adventure, but for the time being, I was safe from all that. I wasn’t safe enough to stop looking over my shoulder, or checking around every corner, but I was safe.

My definition of safe anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
The quote in the description is by Maya Angelou.

Hey guys! So, I've got a bunch of One Direction fan fictions that I have never and will never post. Personal issues with all of them, truthfully. This one, however, seems pretty decent to me. It's not terrible writing, at least I hope not, and I'm just kind of writing it as I go. I haven't really put much thought into the plot, which is a first for me. So we'll see how it goes. (:

I hope you guys enjoy this story. The title comes from the song Hold Onto Me by Mayday Parade. <3 It's a beautiful song, and I definitely recommend it to you. Here. You can check it out there. (:

I'm also gonna post the first chapter to give you a feel for what the story is gonna be like. (: I hope you enjoy it, and please, let me know what you think.