Status: Just beginning

The Fallen Soul

I Dreamed....

We all Dream, but for some Dreams stick better than others. But some Dreams scare us, without being scary in the typical sense. Something about the Dream rattles us to our core, it disturbs us at such a level that we fail to comprehend why it scares us. It shows what we fear, but it conceals nothing, just the pure fear.

There was darkness everywhere, yet there were lights in the distance. The lights were so faint that you almost missed them. As our Dreamer looked around in wonder the lights drew near. As the Lights got closer they realized they were Masks, yet they emitted light. As more mask showed up they area got brighter and brighter until it was almost unbearable. The masks surrounded the Dreamer, glaring light from all angles until there was a loud snap.

With a loud thud the Dreamer awoke abruptly, having fell out of bed and shaking. He stood up and ruffled his Light brown hairs it look more manageable. He went out of his room and down his hall, the pastel floral wallpaper glowing in the morning sunlight. He entered his bathroom and instinctively proceeded to brush his shaggy hair. Everyone he knew told him he should cut it shorter like all the other boys but he never liked short hair. He put down the brush and switched it out for his toothbrush. As he was brushing his teeth he noticed his eyes were still shaking from the dream, he green irises duller than usual for a first day of school. He quickly finished brushing his teeth, running back to his room and noticing it was almost 0700. He quickly threw clothes on, oddly enough black jeans and a Queen t-shirt. Grabbing his backpack he ran through the kitchen on his way out. His parents worked in Kansas City so they had left earlier leaving a box of Blueberry Pop Tarts on the counter for their son. He grabbed a pack and rushed outside, sprinting to the sidewalk he saw other middle schoolers walking so he calmed down a little. at least now he knew he would be arriving on time his first day.

Lone Oak was a small town, but had four school buildings. A preschool and kindergarten combination, an elementary, a junior high and a high school. There was an independent grocer and two family diners. There was one gas station in town that always seemed busy. Having moved from the deep south to eastern Kansas was a big change for him.

Naturally a fast walker he managed to pass other students. They were filing into the schools courtyard looking around at the other students. He looked for the spot for his homeroom teacher, Mrs. Young, he saw a small handful of students sitting around a table with her name on it. He slowly made his way to the table, having just moved to Lone Oak he knew nobody of his age. As he silently sat down and looked at his classmate he was reminded of the dream, he shook it off. "It was just a nonsensical dream..." he softly told himself, hoping he could believe in his words.

"HI, you're new here right?" a girl in a bright red t-shirt lurched across the table. Her blonde hair was piled on top of her hair, held up by a large purple scrunchie.

"Argh!" he threw himself back from the table. Stumbling to get up off the ground he nodded to confirm. "Nathan Miles, we just moved here earlier this month..." he took of his backpack, “...didn’t your family teach you not to surprise people?” Nathan shook his head, letting his hair settle back down.
“Oh, yeah I’m told that a lot. My name’s Tiffany, I’m sure the others will like you.” Tiffany smiled brightly, she seemed friendly enough.

Nathan looked around at his classmates, there were about fifteen students not counting himself. As he looked over at the school he noticed a group of three teachers, one was blindfolded but seemed to be fine with it. The female had two grey streaks in her black hair, covering her ears, that helped frame her face. In the time he was staring the third teacher had said nothing. a younger woman, with big brown hair and a pointed face was walking towards the table.

"Good morning class, I'm Mrs. Young. Please follow me, nice and orderly now." Her voice was quite crisp and to the point. The group got up and formed a line, with Nathan at the rear, and headed into the school building.
♠ ♠ ♠
First Chapter, I'm hoping for some feedback so I can know where I need to work.