Status: Just beginning

The Fallen Soul

The Angel Rises

Nathan was floating in a vast expanse of darkness, he was unsure if he had been killed or if he was just dreaming again. He felt nothing around him, although he could feel a pulling force behind his back. He struggled to rotate his body but eventually the pulling force was below his feet. Nathan’s legs shook as they touched an invisible platform, he looked around for any signs of something else, but everywhere he looked he saw black yet he could see his own body clearly. “What the? How am I the only think with color?”
There was a chuckle from behind him and Nathan spun around, almost losing his balance. There was a man standing there, his pale skin glaring against the black world around them. His icy blue eyes gleamed from under the man’s shaggy golden blond hair.
“Ah, so you’re the one HE’S afraid of? You’re just a child…” His gaze drifted to Nathan’s chest, “… ah, but you have that power… although it has yet to be awakened… Curious…” His voice was soft and warm, almost too comforting.
“Who are you? And where am I?” Nathan was tense, something was wrong with this man. Everything about him seemed to draw you in and that scared Nathan.
“Ah, I won’t bother with a silly Pseudonym… My name is one you’ve no doubt heard before… I am the Adversary… YHWH’s most trusted Angel…” He smirked as he talked, “Although you are Arrogant to God… yet you don’t seem to notice that…”
“Wait… You’re Satan?” Nathan was still tense; if Satan was still an angel then he was safe, for now.
“So you do know something… You see… YHWH has lost interest in the humans and is trying to release a being to make their end… However the other deities aren’t so thrilled on the aspect…”
“Wait, so are we just some toy to him?” Nathan knew deities who would play with humans, but to go so far as to bring about the end of humans was a new level. “Did he not think that others would oppose him?”
“Basically, without anyone to keep him under control he’s gotten rather power hungry,” Satan smirked. Nathan was easy to lead, “but with how there are rumors of his ex-‘wife’ running about he’s interested in tracking her down…” Satan touched Nathan’s forehead, breaking Nathan’s train of thought. “Oh how… Ironic? Lets go with that…”
Nathan shook his head trying to gather his thoughts, “What was that?” Satan was toying with him now, and Nathan’s guard was up.
“Oh just curious what your persona will evolve into… Philemon has quite the talent…” Satan ran his hand through his hair, the golden locks almost shimmering in the blackness. “I’m not here to harm you, in fact I’m trying to help… you see, this is a place similar to limbo, although since you’re not dead you can’t enter limbo…” he chuckled, throwing Nathan on edge. “Do say hello to my old friend L for me… it’s been too long since we talked… You’ll see him soon enough…” In a flash of white feathers Satan had disappeared, leaving merely an echo, “Don’t die on me Arrogant One…”
Nathan’s body jerked, Victor, Jubi, Dr. L, Nameless, and Belladonna had gathered in Dr. L’s manor to attend to Nathan’s recovery. “Ah yes, he should be coming back to us, his vitals are rising to normal levels…” Victor was grinning, he had been able to keep Nathan alive long enough for Nathan to heal.
“Ah, I can hear it… He seems like he’s alright… there are still some irregularities but they seem to be permanent…” Nameless played out the Soul Sonata from Nathan’s soul in the air.
“We should give him time after he wakes up though…”Belladonna stared at Nathan, reading his Psyche, “I can’t tell what happened to him”
“Ugh…” Nathan slowly blinked his eyes open, the transition from that world of black to the real world was startling to say the least.
“Oh good, he’s alive…” Jubi’s tone was harsh, “now can they take him home? He’s overstayed his welcome…” The irritation in her voice was matched in her facial expressions.
“Now, now Jubi, he has nothing to do with that persona yet… besides, it’s unfair to treat him so inhospitably…” Dr. L Smirked seeing the agitation twist around Jubi’s face.
“Dr. L? … Oh, ouch…” Nathan rubbed his temples, “an old friend wanted to say hello…” Nathan needed to stop thinking, the more he thought the worse he felt.
The gentle smile that had been gracing Dr. L’s face twisted into a scowl, “oh does he… Just what I need… Him getting in the way…” He walked away from Nathan, “if he thinks he can protect HIM then oh… I’m going to pluck him myself…” Dr. L’s voice was uncharacteristically harsh; whatever happened between them left some marks.
Jubi laughed, “oh so he’s still alive? I would’ve thought that HE would have gotten tired of the back talking…” She shook her head, staring at Nathan, “So what did he tell you?”
Nathan sat up, his arms still wobbly under his weight, “I... don’t…” He had been unable to recall anything but then the parting words echoed through his memory. “Don’t die on me Arrogant One…” He tried remembering more but only got sharp pains, “that really all I can remember… I’m sorry…”
Belladonna helped Nathan lay back down, “it’s all right, they shouldn’t be pressuring you so soon…” She shot a glare at Jubi, who was rather unconcerned for Nathan’s health.
Akuma entered the room carrying a larger figurine than normal. He sat it down on a corner table, and then joined the others.
“What did you make now Akuma?” Belladonna looked at the figurine, “that’s rather large for a Persona…” This figurine was easily five times the size of the other figurines he had made.
The figure was of a muscular male, the robe that flowed around him almost made him look Greek. The olive tone of its skin stood out against the sky blue robe. He had large wings that started out white but turned brown at the tips. Its shoulder length blond hair flowed around its face, contrasting to the blue eyes. The upper arms of the figurine were scarred, almost as if the tools of the artist slipped.
Akuma pointed to Nathan, it had been forged while Nathan was still comatose.
“But I’ve never seen it before, and I didn’t summon anything since the bus accident…” Nathan was confused, which only compounded the headache and fatigue.
Nameless chuckled, “whoever you met must have awakened his power, he is a primed Persona… a manifestation of your soul’s desire…” Nameless could feel the power emanating out of the figurine. “Granted you’d probably destroy yourself trying to pull him out anytime soon…”
“So that is the Arrogant One?” Dr. L had approached the figurine, “it is quite the resemblance…” Dr. L smiled gently, memories flowing back to him. “Father always admired him…”
Jubi tried to touch it but received a large shock knocking her down, “Ow, Son of a… Lock It up Akuma; if he shouldn’t use it then we can’t have it in the Velvet Room…” she glared at the figurine.
Dr. L chuckled at Jubi’s shock, “well, look at you actually caring about Nathan…” He smirked, even though he knew Jubi much better.
Jubi got up and dusted herself off, “oh shut it, I don’t want that eyesore in this room… Besides it’s been three days, shouldn’t he be getting home and doing his homework to make up for it?” She walked to the door, “the three days I will excuse since he was comatose but no more. He is awake, so he needs to do his work…” She pushed through the door, letting it slam shut.
Dr. L looked after Jubi, “oh child… when will you learn… Nathan I am sorry for her rudeness… you may stay in the guest room,” he gestured towards a door on the other side of the room. Motioning to the trio he talked softly, “they will ensure that you get there safely as well as watch over you overnight… don’t worry, if you don’t feel like you’ll be capable of going to school tomorrow I won’t force it…” He left through the door to catch Jubi.
Victor got up out of a chair in the corner, “she hates everyone but Dr. L… you’ll get used to it…” He wheeled over a wheelchair and helped Akuma move Nathan into it. “Do get rest tonight, you’ll need it badly…”
They wheeled Nathan to the bed and put him into it. Nathan’s body ached in protest to every movement. After he was situated the group left the room, Akuma leaving a Pyro Jack doll to serve as a nightlight and to retrieve them if needed.
The room was dark even though the sun had yet to set. The walls were a rich royal purple, black curtains hung over the windows. Very little hung on the walls, there was an attached bathroom but the cherry wood door was shut. Nathan tried to get as comfortable as possible but it took awhile for him to drift to sleep.