The Vintage Scenester

Skipping Class

'If you don't get out of my way, freak,' Veronica hissed, and her two minions repeated the word "freak" just for good measure. 'I'm gonna hit you so hard you'll regret ever being born.' She glared, and I shrugged, though I knew very well what would happen. I was standing in her way and she'd push me down, wait, she'd pretty much smush me. But standing up to her was worth it to see the look on her over-made-up face.

She slapped me and my head twisted to the side, and then she gave a huge shove. I fell down, hitting my head off the concrete ground, my abdomen open to her, and she raised her foot, aiming the sharp heel of her pink stiletto at my stomach. 'You're so gonna regret it now!' She yelled, and I screamed as Jesse's class started to file out. Just in time, he appeared, slamming into her. She fell against the lockers and Ashleigh and Tina helped her stand up-right again.

'Oh no you don't,' he snapped, anger filling his eyes. His mouth twisted into a bit of a snarl, but eased up when she left, smirking at us. He helped me up, and like always, I melted inside. How long I'd been wishing we were more than friends, how long I'd wondered what his lips felt like to touch.

'Thanks for saving me...again,' I smiled as my head rested against his neck.

'No problem, glad to help,' I swear a saw a hint of longing in his half-smile. 'What was that even about this time?'

'Oh, just the same really. I stood in her way, earning myself a slap and a push, and then shethreatened was going to impale me with her stiletto heel. I can't help standing up to her though, it's fun!' I let out a brief giggle, then my face turned serious again.

'How about we skip next class then? Brodie'll figure it out. She knows where to go...' Yes, I mentally punched the air.

'OK, our secret place?' I suggested.

'As always,' he replied.

He carried me out like that, and set me down when we came to the small -- but unnoticable -- gap in the trees. He bent down and crawled through, and I followed his actions. We got to the garden area, which was filled with the most amazingly coloured flowers you could ever see, and I fell back onto the long stems of green grass -- a healthy green.

'So,' he sat down beside me and I snuggled up to his body, his hand around my waist. 'You wanna go out later?' He asked while fiddling with the petals of a marbled purple-white flower.

'Yes! Of course, I mean, yeah, OK...' I trailed off, attempting to conceal my happiness. 'What about Brodie though?' I asked. We were inseperable, Jesse, Brodie and I, never went anywhere without the other two, of course, that is private things, like bathroom usage, etc.

'I'll ask her, she'll come,' he sighed, but it was a sigh of content. 'Here, have this,' he pulled a marbled white-red flower from the soil and handed it to me, smiling. I took it, and wrapped my slender arms around his neck, and we fell over so I was on top of him in a very strange position.

'Emily-Jay, Jesse, stop that at once and come inside,' a voice came from behind us. We both looked towards the trees and saw the headmistress, Miss Munroe, with a shocked - but completely unsurprised tone to her voice - said, and disappeared back under the trees. We followed her, and re-entered the school.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pleease comment, I'll give you cookies (or skittles) if you do.

<3