Animals

savior

Noah vaguely recognized the voice but didn't make a move to go near it, he was still supporting Kennah's weight and backing up from the whole situation. "Noah for the love of god, I can help her! Just give her to me and follow me and we can get both of you out of here!" Ethan said as he got within a few feet of the pair.

"Why should I trust you? You aren't even bothered by the fight between the horse size dog’s right there?!" Noah asked in disbelief.

"Just let me take care of her and I can answer all of your questions!"

Noah was torn. He has never trusted Ethan, not since the incident. But he did know that the tall blonde teenager’s family has lived in the woods his whole life. If anyone knew how to take care of Kennah, it would be him. Kennah is the most important person in his life, he wasn’t about to lose her. Noah looked down at his best friend, who had makeup running down her face and dirt all over her clothes. Noah sighed, looking back to Ethan. “Fine, but you will tell me everything and do everything you can to help Kennah!”

Ethan rolled his eyes as he walked over to Kennah, taking her out of Noah’s grip and picking her up bridal style. “I wouldn’t have come out here if I wasn’t willing to help.”

Noah reluctantly let go of the female and walked side by side with Ethan. He refused to let Kennah out of his sight. It was his job to keep her safe and he couldn’t do that. He was the whole reason why she had a chunk of her calf missing. “Okay, since you said you’ll tell me anything I want, why don’t we start with what the hell that thing back there is?!” Noah pointed in the direction they just came from, where the canines were still fighting.

“Hellhounds,” Ethan stated curtly. It was obvious that he was not looking forward to the interrogation of his classmate. All he wanted to do was make sure that Kennah was alright but he knew that they were a package deal, especially in this situation.

“I’m sorry did you just say Hellhounds? Aren’t they only supposed to be visible to those who are about to die?” Noah recalled a few times when he would be stuck watching Supernatural with Kennah. Basically everything he knew about the supernatural was from that show.

Ethan snorted, “I don’t think a fictional TV show is a good source of information.”

“Well do you want to tell me why it was after us?” Noah questioned as he tripped over a fallen tree branch. He caught himself on a nearby tree and rushed to catch up to Ethan.

“Actually it was just after Kennah.” Ethan pointed out as he rounded a corner and a log cabin came into view. He didn’t wait for the brunette to catch up before walking up the stairs and towards the front door.

“I didn’t think you lived this deep in the woods.” Noah stated as he followed Ethan into the cabin. It was clean and fully furnished with different shades of brown. It definitely was not something that Noah was expecting. “I never would have guessed that you are a secret interior designer.” Noah closed the front door and followed Ethan into the kitchen.

Ethan sat Kennah on the table, keeping one arm on her back to keep her upright, and knocking whatever contents on the table onto the floor before laying her down. Kennah had passed out from the pain as Ethan was carrying her. Ethan disappeared down the hall, leaving Noah with an unconscious Kennah.

Noah walked over to his best friend and took her hand, it was freezing. He tried to keep himself from jumping to the worst conclusions but it wasn’t working. He knew that his best friend was fighting for her life. “God, I am so sorry, Kennah. I never should have forced you to go into the woods. I promised not to let anything happen and I couldn’t do that. I am the worst best friend.” Noah looked down at their hands, he didn’t realize that he was crying until he saw the tears fall on her hand. “I can’t lose you, Kennah.”

Ethan came back into the kitchen with a large first aid kit and Noah was quick to wipe his eyes. Ethan carefully turned the female brunette over so that she was on her stomach and he could take care of the wound. He took a switchblade out of his pocket and cut her jeans from the knee down on her left leg, the wounded one.

“What’s going to happen to her?” Noah asked as he watched Ethan inspect the wound before riffling through the kit.

“It’s hard to tell. Hellhounds were created to kill and they don’t stop until they are successful.” Ethan placed a white towel over Kennah’s wound and pressed on it, trying to stop the bleeding.

“Well you said earlier that it was after Kennah. If she lives does that mean that it’s going to keep attacking her until she’s dead?”

“Probably, it all depends on what its master says.” Ethan pressed harder on Kennah’s wound, causing Kennah to gasp.

Noah ran to the front of the table where Kennah’s head was and kneeled down so that he was at eye level with her. Her eyes were still closed but her face was contorted in pain. “Kennah?” Noah questioned, lifting her head up so that he could see her face better.

“She probably isn’t awake. The venom is spreading through her system.”

Noah looked from Kennah’s face to Ethan. “How can she survive this if there’s venom in her system?!”

“Then she’s immune and that is a problem for another day.” Ethan stated as he took the towel off of Kennah’s leg and unscrewed the lid of the rubbing alcohol. “This is going to hurt like the biggest bitch in the world. I’m going to need you to hold her leg down.” Noah didn’t say anything as he made his way to the other end of the table, holding Kennah’s ankle and knee to the table. Ethan poured the clear liquid onto a white cloth and placed it onto the bite. Kennah screamed, trying to pull her leg away from the burning sensation but Noah held it tight.

“Well that’s a good sign.” Ethan stated as he made sure to clean the blood off of her leg. Ethan placed a large white bandage over the wound and Noah let go of her leg. Ethan walked to the front of the table and kneeled down to look at Kennah, smiling at her. “How are you feeling?”

Kennah looked at her lab partner for a second before registering what he said. “Like punching Noah in the face.”
♠ ♠ ♠
a new and probably boring chapter but oh well. i swear this will pick up soon! by the way, i love the comments and subscribers and recommendations so far, keep them coming!