Perfectly Dysfunctional.

Chapter One.

✿Addison✿

Knock, knock, knock.

On my first day at Beacon Hills high school i woke up to excessive knocking on my front door.

Knock, knock, knock.

The person at my door was obviously getting more and more impatient and the knocks got louder. I groaned and threw the covers of myself, getting up to answer it. It was quite obvious that my parents weren't going to, considering that had already left for work.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Addison, open the door!"

My eyes widened as I recognized the voice of the person on my front porch. Lydia Martin. The girl who had been my best friend since we were in a diaper. My best friend whom I had to leave behind when I moved to Australia three years ago.

Swinging the door open, I came face to face with the flawless strawberry blonde I had missed so terribly. And if it were actually possible, she had gotten even more beautiful.

"When were you going to let me know you were back in town?" Was the first thing she said when she saw me.

"I, uh..." I didn't really have an answer for that. I hadn't told anybody I was back, and due to the fact that I only got back two days ago, I hadn't really considered it.

I guess a little piece of me was worried she had forgotten about me.

"Your gone for three years and you don't even bother to tell your best friend when your back? Really Addy?"

I felt my eyes widen again as she used the nickname she had given me since we were young. I had never let anyone else call me that name, only Lydia.

"I missed you." Was the reply that came out of my mouth.

Lydia's stern expression softened as she let out a sigh, a smile lighting up her face.

"Your lucky I missed you too." And with that she has pulled me into a hug which I returned with ease. "When my Mom told me you were back this morning, i came straight here."

"Now, we are going to get you ready for school." She grinned as we walked into my house, her heels tapping on the marble flooring.

It already felt like I things were back to the way they were before I had left.

"So, how was Australia?" Lydia asked as she sat on the edge of my bed, watching me go through my closet.

"As good as it could be. I barely ever saw my parents- not that that's exactly unusual. But I just didn't want to be there." I shrugged, pulling out a red dress and holding it up for Lydia to see.

Well, I for one are glad your back." She smiled, giving the dress a look of approval. "Do you have any idea how difficult it's been without you?"

"Oh? I bet. Being the Queen B of Beacon Hills must be so hard." I smiled as i found some heeled boots to match.

Lydia grinned, looking at a framed picture I had of us both on my dresser. "You have no idea."
♠ ♠ ♠
I have always been bad at first chapters, but now I have got it over and done with, it shall improve and the chapters will be longer. ;)