Status: Completed.

Seventeen and Pregnant

Eleven.

Max and I have spent days at the hospital with Jimmy while he was recovering trying so hard to get him to remember us. Remember anything. I must say, I am truly not okay with spending so much time with Max, because she’s Jimmy’s ex-girlfriend, but I do it, because if roles were reversed, I would want to spend time with jimmy too.

Jimmy is starting to improve each day, he remembers the little things like, how old he is, that he has a little sister, and who his parents are. He remembers where he went to school and even that he slept in laundry mats when he would run away from home. He remembers not graduating and he even remembers proposing to someone, but he can’t remember who.

I try everything to make him remember who I am, and that we have a daughter together. The doctor told me not to hold anything back from him. And that if he is going to remember anything he’s going to remember the bad things first.

So yesterday I spend the entire day telling him everything that has ever happened to him. Starting from the day we met, right down to me leaving him and running away with our daughter phe over something stupid.

I can’t figure out how he felt about it, but I am sure he wasn’t so thrilled about it. Today I get to take Jimmy home and this will be the first time he will get to see Phe since the accident. Phe is excited that her daddy Is coming home. I don’t know how to break my little girls heart and tell her that her daddy might not remember her.

Hardest things in life.

**

Matt and Brian are bringing Jimmy home from the hospital I am trying to figure out how to tell Phe about her daddy, I am sitting on the little chair in her room that is shaped like a duck. I am watching her play with her toys. She looks so happy so peaceful.

How do you tell a child something like this?

“Phe come here for a moment.” She looks up at me and runs over to me after dropping her toy.

“What’s matter mommy?”

“I have something to tell you, It’s about daddy.” He piercing blue eyes look at me and shine bright when I mention her daddy.

“baby, daddy was in a really bad car accident; that’s why he was away from us for so long, and now daddy is better and coming home, but right now…” I start crying and she wipes the tears off with her fingers.

“no cry momma.” I half smile.

“Daddy doesn’t really remember who we are right now. So we need to try our bests to make daddy remember us.”

“Daddy no remember me? I phe, daddy remember mes phe.” I shake my head at her.

“No Mama! Daddy remember I’s Phenoix!” She pushes herself off my lap and goes to the corner where her toys are and cries.

I push myself up and go down stairs to wait for Jimmy to come home. This isn’t going to be easy. I will deal with it one day at a time.

**

The guys finally arrive back with Jimmy and Jimmy comes thru the door on crutches since his leg is still broke and in a cast. I smile at him.

“Hi, This is such a beautiful house.” I smile at him.

“It is. You picked it out yourself and bought it for me and Phe.” He looks at me still smiling.

“Really?” I smile back at him.

“Mmmhm; When I ran away with phe, you bought this house in hopes that if we came home we’d have a place to stay.”

“Well, I love it.” He smile and kisses my head.

I look surprised when he does this, Brian and Matt do too. Phoenix hearing Jimmy’s Voice comes running down the stairs.

“Daddyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!” She attaches herself to his leg.

He smiles at her. His eyes sparkle. I hope this means he is starting to remember. He looks at her.

“Hi, Phoenix. I missed you.”

“Daddy mommy said you don’t remember me.” He looks at me and frowns a little.

“Mommy was right sweetie. But looking at you helps me remember.” She smiles a huge smile at him.

Finally things can be normal again.