Under the Full Moon

Max Wolfe

Max turned the key in the door and sighed when the door wouldn't move. He gave a swift push of his shoulder before he was tumbling into his office. He gave the room one quick look over before grunting at the mess. Old magazines and files littered the floors and the top of his desk, but instead of throwing them away, he just pushed them to clear some space.

"You would think being the town's best Private Investigator, you'd be able to find someone to clean your office for you,"

Max looked at tall geeky boy standing in his doorway before snorting. "You'd think,"

The tall boy rolled his eyes before walking more into the office of Max Wolfe. "Anyways, some lady called this morning, she has a case for you. I told her you were busy and that you'd call her back."

"Thanks Joey,"

Joey nodded his head before walking back out of the room and down the hall. Max blew out a breath while he ran his fingers through his long dark hair. It was tangles from the summer's mugginess, but instead of dealing with it, he just pushed it out of his face and continued searching through papers upon papers.

The city was quiet. Max liked it when he wasn't needed much around town, but it often left him bored. Most of the city's occupants could handle themselves and didn't much need his help. Sometimes he'd get a case to find someone who mostly didn't want to be found, but those didn't come as much as they used to. And his job wasn't hard at all; most of the work was finding people through his trusty Magic Mirror and the other half was left up to his power of smell.

After sitting around staring at his papers, he decided he was going to take a walk to get away to get some fresh air. He nodded at Joey at his way out before opening the door and stepping through to the city's sidewalk. There were a couple more people walking on the other side of the road, but other than that, not many people come out in the daytime. Though the city had a protection spell from nature's elements, some of the supernatural occupants were stuck in their old ways.

Pulling a pack of cigarettes from his pocket, he popped one in his mouth and lit it to inhale the deadly goodness.

"Max!"

Turning to the sound of his name, he saw a petite blonde running towards him. "Max, I'm glad I caught you,"

"Crystal," Max nodded at her, any other greeting would have been too formal for him.

"Joey said you stepped out of your office but I didn't think he meant it literally. Anyways," Crystal shoved her blonde hair behind her ears while she caught her breath and smiled sympathetically at Max. "Benny's missing again, I figured he was on one of his drunk benders but it would make me feel better if you'd use your mirror to find him?"

"Sure, Crystal."

Max threw his unfinished cigarette to the ground and stepped on it before turning and walking back into his office. The fresh air was nice while it lasted.

Max walked down the hallway with Crystal not far behind him until he stopped at the door that read out 'Max Wolfe - Private Investigator'. He could feel her watching him as he struggled with the door until he tumbled through it like earlier. He made a mental note to get that door fixed.

"Mirror," Max's gruff voice woke the mirror up. Swirls of smokes filled the mirror before a face popped up and stared at Max with a bored expression. "Find Benny,"

The mirror rolled it's eyes before disappearing. Suddenly, Benny was seen standing over a body blood dripping from his mouth. The scene left them with a cringe before Max sighed and turned to Crystal.
"You know what this means," Crystal's tear filled eyes finally pulled away from the mirror to look at Max. As much as Max would never admit it, he couldn't stand when girls cried.

"No! Please, I'll get him to stop, this won't happen again."

Max rubbed the back of his neck, feeling awkward. "That's what you said last time. I'm gonna have to take him in. He's killed someone else with his bloodlust. I can't let this one go."

Crystal covered her face with her hands as her sobs grew louder. Uneasily, Max started to slip out of his office to get away from the crying girl. Luckily for Max, this wasn't the first time he had to find Benny and knew what smell to look for. Max closed his eyes and let his werewolf side come to surface. As much as he would enjoy getting rid of Benny, a pain in his ass he's dealt with for far too long, he felt a little bad for his Benny's sister, Crystal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Introduction to Max. More to come soon!