Under the Full Moon

Max's Temper

A tingle ran through his body as the sun started to set behind the trees. Even though the moon couldn't make him turn like it would in any other town, the power could still be felt.

Max had just gotten done with his scuffle with Benny and was heading to the bar for a drink. Normally the encounter wouldn't have lasted long, but Benny had just gotten done feeding when Max had finally caught up to him, so Benny put a fight.

Turning his head quickly, Max sighed in relief when he heard the cracking of his bones. The stiffness had gone some, and it was enough to fully relax in the bar stool. After he got the bartender's attention, he ordered the cheapest, yet strongest drink they had and downed it quickly before asking for another.

With his super hearing, Max could hear that the streets were coming to life with the town's occupants. Vampires, fairies, other werewolves, witches and any other type of supernatural creature you could think of roamed freely. As freely as one could knowing that Max Wolfe was just on the other side of the door that separated them from him.

Max was handed a fourth drink, but this one he didn't toss back. He took a sip of it and let it burn his tongue a little before swallowing it. Smirking, he sniffed the air a little at the new scent. When the new person sat down beside Max, he looked briefly at was he was drinking before ordering it for himself.

Jon shrugged out of his leather jacket and set it on the stool between them. The bartender placed a drink in front of Jon before walking away to attend other customers and it was silent between them.
Jon was a warlock, and a very powerful one at that. He didn't really like playing "by the rules" but he liked being off the radar. Max and Jon have been buddies for centuries now and with the new town's magic spell, they've had more reason to hang out.

"How've ya been, Max?" he asked, taking a long sip of his whiskey.

"Fine,"

Jon laughed, more to himself. "Max... the man of so many words."

Max shrugged, taking a drink too. "Sorry,"

Jon laughed again, shaking his head. He really didn't know why he expected anything different. A thought then occurred to him that convinced him that it would solve all of Max's problems.

"You know what you need, brother?"

Max raised an eyebrow at him, signalling him to continue. "Another drink?"

"No, no." Jon smiled deviously. "You need a woman in your life,"

Max laughed, he doubled over slightly from his shakes but recovered shortly after. "I don't need no woman following me around. I'm too busy now as it is,"

The atmosphere around them grew somber quickly as Jon looked Max in the eye.

"You've got to move on, Max. It's been decades, and putting all your time into your work is not healthy."

Max's fist tightened around his glass, breaking it into tiny pieces in his hand. He stood up from the stood, knocking it backwards in one swift motion before stepping away from Jon and the bar. He turned back glaring at his friend.

"I don't need to move on, there is nothing to move onto. She was my life, and now she's gone."

With nothing more said, Max stomped out of the bar and into the busy streets of Woodbury. May God have mercy on the next creature to look at him the wrong way tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
So so so so sorry that it took forever for this short chapter, but I promise that once this story picks up, the chapters will be longerrrr!