Status: Work in Progress X Comments = Chapters

What's in a Name

Prologue

“January 13, 1997 approximately 10:30, session one by Dr. James Octavious.” a voice crackled over a TV screen before a grainy image of a young girl appeared on the screen. Her dark curls were cascading down her hospital-issued white gown, a deep contrast on the dark background behind her. Her large blue eyes wide, with fear as she clutched a worn rabbit her fingers brushing across its matted fur. A deep cut ran above her right eye held close with butterfly stitches.

“Can you tell me your name?” the male voice ordered.

“Elisha Call”

“And how old are you Elisha?”

“Eight.” She whispered twirling her hair around her finger and gazing down at her rabbit.

“Can you tell me what happened January 10 of this year?”

The young girl looked down her curls covering her face. “They died.”

“Who died?” The male voice urged making Elisha jump.

“My parents.”

“Daniel and Abigail Call?”

The young girl nodded softly and hugged her stuffed animal tighter.

“Elisha, can you tell me what happened the night your parents died?”

“We were driving home..”

~*~*

An inky black filled the Montana sky twinkling stars winking down as Elisha looked up at them sleepily. Her parents were in the front of the car happily chatting. From the back seat Elisha smiled softly. Her father glanced back at her through the rearview mirror and shot her a wink. Elisha giggled softly burying her head into her bunny. Her father was ruggedly handsome, dark brown hair and warm, almost glowing green eyes. Her mother was just as beautiful with shoulder length black curls, high cheek bones and caring silver orbs.

Elisha’s eyes grew heavier as she blinked slowly the image of her parents entwined fingers growing fuzzier as she finally dozed off to sleep.

It seemed just as she closed her eyes they were sprung back open in surprise. Her father cursed out as he slammed on the brakes. Elisha’s eyes opened just in time to see a figure in the road and before she could blink again the figure had vanished like smoke. The pull of the brakes made Elisha’s body pull forward. The car began to spin as it hit a patch of black ice. Elisha closed her eyes and buried her face in the fur of her bunny just as the vehicle fell off the side of the road turning repeatedly before it landed upside down upon the rocky side. The primal screech of metal and her mothers screams scaring her more. Elisha’s head pounded as her body ached her eyes now bleary with tears.

“D-Daddy”

The man’s body remained motionless, his head lolled back into the seat. Blood gushing from the large head wound. Looking at her mother she noticed she too was asleep, or so she thought. Her mother’s head was pressed against what was left of the shattered side window. Elisha’s chest began to rise and fall rapidly as her tiny body struggled against the restraint of her seatbelt. After releasing the clip of the belt Elisha’s body fell from her seat. Pain coursed through her body as she landed and crawled to her parents, lifting her father’s arms she curled into his form as best she could and held her mother’s hand just as if they were in their bed together on an early morning.

Closing her eyes Elisha began to cry softly. She didn’t know how long she lay there shivering at the lack of heat in the cold Montana night before she began to lose consciousness.

“Get up. Rise up Elisha!”

Wiping at her teary face Elisha looked around. No one was there. She cast a glance back at her father and mother both still in the same spot as before. She did notice the rosary that hung from the rearview mirror began to swing back and forth, yet there was no wind.

“You must move.” The voice called again.

“I-I cant.” She murmered burying her head further into her bunny.

“You must.”

“I can’t! I want momma and daddy.” She cried clutching on to her father’s arm.

“They’re gone Elisha” the voice soothed when suddenly it bellowed “Get out!” The power in the voice scared her enough to begin to crawl out hurriedly. Cutting her palms with stray glass Elisha finally made her way out of the overturned car and onto the frozen snow covered ground.

“Move away!”

A force griped her by her arm and threw her a safe distance away. The remains of the car erupted into flames as Elisha screamed out. Debris of the car fell around her in smoldering chunks. Curling into herself Elisha lay her head onto her knees and starred at what was left of the car orange and red flames dancing across the charred remains. Fresh snow began to fall and Elisha felt a shiver race down her spine, wracking her small frame her teeth rattling in her mouth. Suddenly warmth embraced her though nothing but fresh snow fell on her shoulders her body remained warm until morning when someone found the accident.

~*~*~*~*~

“Who do you think the voice belonged to?” Dr. Octavius asked.

The grainy image showed Elisha still playing with her bunny.

“Elisha, who do you think was talking to you?” He asked more forcefully.

“He said his name was Castiel.”

“And who is Castiel?” He urged.

Elisha’s blue eyes looked up into the camera before answering

“An angel.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dr. Reemer pressed a button on a remote, the TV screen turning black. Before he turned to look at the young woman before him. She was attractive in looks dark curls resting just below her shoulders sharp cheekbones, striking, shapely eyebrows, rested above her bright blue eyes and a slender nose leading to a full mouth. She was dressed in the uniform of the hospital, a white tshirt and light blue scrub pants. She lounged comfortably in the cushioned chair, one leg draped across the other.

“What are your thoughts on watching your first session?” Dr. Reemer asked curiously.

The young woman sighed and leaned further back. “Just a delusional eight year old girl.” She shrugged. “Being there first hand for such a traumatic experience I believe I came up with the illusion of Castiel to help me cope.”

“Very good” Dr. Reemer nodded sitting himself down at his desk before her file. “Although Dr. Octavius had some rather..unusual forms of therapy I believe in these years we’ve made great progress in spite of some minor set backs.”

“It only took a decade.” Elisha chuckled tucking a piece of coffee colored hair behind her ear.

“But progress was made.” Dr. Reemer smiled tapping his finger on the desk at every word a proud grin on his face.

“So” Elisha smiled shrugging. ”What now?”

“You can be released.” The doctor smiled closing the folder. “But considering the extensive period of time you spent here I believe it would be beneficial if you stayed with someone just until you get back on your feet.”

“I’m afraid I don’t understand, I have no family, Dr. Reemer.”

“That my dear is where you are wrong” Dr. Reemer stood. “I had a friend do some digging and as it turns out you have an uncle. A Robert Singer. “

“Singer? My mother’s maiden name was Lusco?” She shook her head.

“All I know is that your mother changed her name when she was 17 she was born Emily Singer. This Robert is your family Elisha. “
♠ ♠ ♠
An idea I'm playing on roughly a spin off on how Anna's role in supernatural went.
Comments=Chapters