Covert

chapter one: part one

The short sleeved sage mini dress chosen for her by the sales assistant is cute, flattering and does great for her mid-size bust. The tie-ups on the side create an illusion of curves for which Lila is incredibly grateful, having been blessed with a model bod but not to the trends of 2020 that aim for that hourglass figure. It’s feminine enough to catch the looks of both well-dressed men and older women – Lila’s favourite. She’s upset that her taste in men revolves around pretty shiny boys who spend Daddy’s money but aren’t as douchey as they appear, but this is what she has to live with. Besides, it makes her current job a little easier.

She first spots him on the quad with some friends, the planes of his back stretching into the turf behind him, laughing with some friends as they sip from some non-discreet silver flasks hidden in their tacky Gucci backpacks. She knows who his friends are – Talan Orente, a beautiful mix of Nigerian x Mexican who plays division one football and has a thing for cute Latina types. Lila’s not Latina but she has the features of some and she knows how to work her body to get what she wants. If he was the target, that is. Kyle Williams, your stock standard pretty white boy, president of Kappa Gai with a twist; legend has it he presented himself to Kappa Gai as a self-proclaimed player but within the first week of class, he had found himself a girlfriend: Tai Waters, who he’s still dating to this day. And lastly, but certainly not least, Grant Marino, the roommate and target of her desires.

It’s her easiest in to get into her real target – but we’ll get more into that later. He’s another pretty boy who’s just up her alley – he borders on too pretty and she’s somewhat convinced that he’s more or less perfect looking, but thankfully, his type is her type and this will make her job easy as all hell.

She waits with her iced mocha latte until the boys sit up for their regularly scheduled casual but not so casual glances for when the overly hyped feminists exit out of their women’s studies class and walk by the quad to go back to the dorms or to their next classes. Lila pulled out of the class early on in the semester, it was droll, boring and she knew how to love women already. 80% of the class had already agreed with her on that.

Kelly walks by with her clique – the boys have already hit and dipped, so there’s no interest in them. Kyle looks by respectfully and is soon joined by Tai, who joins in on the perving. Lila feels a little bad for Kyle, who has no idea of Tai’s extra-curricular activities. When all of the shower stalls were full in the girl’s bathrooms, Tai popped her head out and offered Lila to join her, to which she agreed. Lila had a feeling Tai was interested in women, and this was confirmed when Lila joined Tai in her stall and Tai extensively helped Lila wash her body, around the crevices of her breasts and over her hip dips. They didn’t kiss and they never spoke again, but there was an unspoken chemistry between them shared on occasion over drunken glances and hips brushing occasionally against each other on the way to parties, dorm rooms and bathrooms of the like.

Marissa and her band of dorks are starting to walk up and Lila feels this is the perfect time for her to walk on by. They’re incredibly smart and honestly, Lila feels mildly intimidated in their presence but then she remembers how hot and intelligent she is herself, and soon forgets about others. She’s got that confident strut and friendly face that can quickly turn to a resting bitch should she want to, and her body looking cute in the tight dress that’s doing wonders for her appearance. She can’t look directly at the boys for that might be too forward, so she resists the urge and turns to wink at Tai instead. Kyle, from what she can see in her peripheral, isn’t happy. Tai doesn’t say anything but the smirk hiding behind her coffee cup is almost all that Lila needs. And as she expects, in three, two…these boys are like clockwork.

“Cute dress,” Grant comments. He reaches over to touch the string on her dress. “Does this untie if I pull on it?”

Lila smiles at him. “Not for you, it won’t.”

Behind her, the boys snort. Grant’s grinning, but she can see his confidence has wavered slightly.

Sure, he’s the target, but that doesn’t mean she’s going to make it easy on him either. Treat him mean, keep him keen. “What if I swing you an invite to the Kappa Gai party tonight?”

She cocks an eyebrow at him. “What makes you think I’d want to go to the party?” Shit. Can’t play it too mean, but he is cocky, after all. It’s in her natural instincts to fight back. “Or that I wouldn’t already have an invite myself?”

“I’m sure I’d know who you are if you were on the invite list,” Grant quips, running a hand through his almost too perfect blonde spiky hair. “I wish I knew your name, sweetheart, but you’re not making it easy for me.

“Call me sweetheart again and you never will,” Lila says sweetly. “I’ll see you at the party, if you’re lucky.” And for extra added effect, she calls out to Tai. “Thanks for the invite.”

Tai didn’t invite her but her roommate scored a plus one and asked Lila for her help in getting Talan to sleep with her. Lila wasn’t going to turn down an invite to a party and another opportunity to party on the job, so it only made sense she went. There was no way that Tai didn’t know that her roommate had invited Lila. Word gets around quick if you are invited to an elusive Kappa Gai party.

Job secured. Next stop, finding the perfect outfit.