Spotlight

Spotlight

Friday 1st February 2016
2:30am
Holmes Chapel

At 2:30am there are a number of things you could be doing. Maybe stumbling home from a messy night out in town, cuddling up to a partner in bed, watching movies on the sofa...

However, at 2:30am I found myself buckling up a sleeping toddler into a car seat, trying not to wake her and have to suffer the consequences. I shut the door gently and opened the boot of my white Audi A6. I heaved in a heavy suitcase, and balanced a medium sized baby bag on top. After gently closing the boot door, careful not to wake my daughter, I slipped into the driver's seat and turned the keys in the ignition. The car engine purred as it started, and I adjusted the heat settings. Once the windscreen had cleared enough, I peeled out of the driveway, and began the seventy minute drive to the airport.

At 2:30am, I was beginning my journey to New York, USA to surprise my boyfriend on his birthday. The last time I'd seen him was 3 weeks previous, when the Christmas holidays had finished and he had to go back to work. Well by work, I mean tour. Have I forgotten to mention that my boyfriend was one fourth of One Direction? I, like many other girls around the world, was head over heels in love with Harry Styles. The only difference between me, and the thousands of other girls, was that I was able to call Harry mine. He was mine, and I was his.

Harry and I met by chance in London in 2012, when he ordered a rum and coke in the bar I worked in. Two years later we welcomed a beautiful baby girl into the world and named her Jasey Rae Styles. She had Harry's green eyes and curly mop of brown hair, and reminded me of him every second of every day. She had Harry's personality also. She never sat still, and was always up to something she shouldn't be. But like her daddy, I couldn't be angry with her. As soon as she would give me a big hug and apologise in her little baby voice, my heart would melt.

I glanced in the mirror and smiled, seeing her sleeping soundly, her mouth open just a little. We had a long day ahead of us. Our flight left at 5am and would take almost seven hours to get to New York. I'd packed as many toys as I could, and hoped Jasey Rae wouldn't be too much of a handful on the plane. I sighed and turned the radio on, inserting Harry's Coldplay CD. I pulled onto the motorway and set off in the direction of the airport.

4:30
Departures Lounge

I had checked Jasey and I, and our suitcase just in time. We'd moved into the departure lounge and were waiting for our boarding announcement. I pulled a colouring book out of the baby bag and some crayons to keep Jasey Rae entertained. She wasn't cranky yet, but I knew she would be later.

'See you and Jase soon. I'll be waiting in arrivals for you two. Harry still has no idea! X' Lou

I smiled and text him back.

'We can't wait to see uncle Lou! Jasey is colouring in at the moment... Exciting stuff! See you soon! X'

Just as I put my phone back into my pocket, our flight was called. I gathered up all of Jasey Rae's things, and slung the bag over my shoulder. I picked Jasey up and carried her towards gate 16.

8:00am
New York

Eventually the plane landed, and Jasey Rae and I were free! We walked into baggage claim and I grabbed a luggage trolley. I put Jasey into the baby seat and pushed it over to the luggage carousel. I spotted my case moving close and tried to pull it off. The weight was too much for me though, so the man beside me quickly helped me lift it off. I thanked him, and pushed the trolley off towards the arrivals room where Louis was waiting.

It didn't take long for Louis to spot Jasey Rae and I.

"Rosie! Jasey Rae!" Louis shouted, as he hurried over. "How are my two favourite girls?"

I laughed and gave Louis a big hug.

"Hey Lou. It's so good to see you!" I enthused, and kissed him on the cheek.

"You have no idea how much I have missed my best mate!" Louis insisted. "Where's my little ray of sunshine?"

Louis turned towards Jasey Rae and put his hands out to pick her up.

"Up! Up!" Jasey insisted, and waved her chubby little arms around.

Louis laughed, and picked her up.

"Come here my little minion!" He grinned, and adjusted her position on the side of his hip. "Ready?"

"Yeah, I'm ready." I smiled and Louis nodded.

"The car is parked out the front, and I managed to borrow Lux's car seat from Lou just before I left to come and pick you up. Let's go!" Louis spoke.

We walked out of arrivals, and into the sunshine. We walked to Louis car, and with a little bit of help from me, Louis buckled up Jasey into the car seat. We loaded the bags into the car, and returned the luggage trolley, before we set off in the direction of the hotel.

10:30am
Grand City Hotel

Louis pulled up at the front steps of the hotel. He handed the keys over to let the staff park his car. Our bags were taken to the room for us, and so all we had to do was check in.

"Room booked under the name of Rosie George?" I asked and the receptionist nodded.

"Top floor. Room 312. Enjoy your stay." She smiled and I thanked her before we left to find the room.

As we got into the lift Jasey Rae became fussy and cranky. Louis tried to cheer her up, but it was useless.

I took her into my arms and tried to shush her.

"Sorry. I think it's nap time for Jase." I apologized to Louis and he just smiled and shook his head.

"It's fine, don't worry about it. Liam is the same." Louis joked and I laughed.

Louis opened the door for us, and we walked in to a spacious, bright suite. There was a living room area, with sofas, a large screen t.v, and a mini fridge filled with food and drink. Just beyond the sofas were double glass doors leading out to a balcony.

Before I could explore the suite, Jasey began to cry.

"I better go and put her down for a sleep. I'll be two seconds." I told Louis and he smiled.

"No problem."

I pushed open the double doors into the bedroom and admired the huge room, as I walked over to the bed. I placed Jasey down onto the middle of the large double bed. I assembled the pillows around her, ensuring she couldn't roll off in her sleep. I put her little baby blanket over her and left quietly, closing the door behind me.

"Sorry about that!" I apologized and Louis shook his head and smiled. "So what are the plans?"

"Harry's gone out to do a bit of shopping with Niall this morning, but he'll be back by 1. Then I'll send him up here to you. Oh and Liam will be up to borrow little Jasey, to give you two some time alone together." Louis finished, wiggling his eyebrows. I laughed and shook my head.

"Thanks Lou." I smiled and he nodded and stood up.

"See you later Rosie!" Louis called, and closed the suite door behind him.

I got up, double checked it was locked and decided that I'd take a nap beside Jasey Rae for a bit.

12:45pm
Room 312

"So Lou and I will have her back by four. Louis is bringing Lux, and they can have a little play date together or whatever. And then we can all get dinner together before the show tonight in Madison Square Garden." Liam explained.

"Okay, well this is Jasey's bag-" I began.

"Rosie." Liam cut me off. "I've got it. Chill out. It'll be fine."

"Sorry." I smiled, and he just shook his head in response.

"We better go. Harry will be here any second. See you later babe." Liam said and kissed my cheek.

" Alright. Have fun! Be good for uncle Liam, Jasey Rae." I warned.

"See you later!" Liam called and waved as he left.

Once I was alone, I walked over to the dull length mirror. I checked my hair looked okay, and fixed my top. Almost immediately there was a knock on the door, and I squealed in excitement. I quickly padded my way over to the door and looked through the little hole in the door. It was Harry.

I swung the door open and launched myself at him. He stumbled back a few steps before he realised what was going on.

"Rosie!" He smiled and planted a kiss firmly on my lips.

"Happy birthday Harry!" I giggled.

"I can't believe you are here!" He exclaimed and laughed.

Harry put me down gently and I grabbed his hand.

"Come on." I smiled and led him into the hotel suite.

We sat down on the hotel room sofa. Harry wrapped his arm around me and pulled me in close.

"God I missed you baby girl." Harry spoke into my hair.

I smiled up at him and pursed my lips, asking for a kiss. He smiled and dipped his head down to press his lips against mine.

"I've missed you so much more Harry!" I insisted and he smiled and shook his head.

"Not possible." He smiled and kissed me again.

Harry looked around the room and noticed Jasey Rae's blanket on the armchair.

"Jasey's blankie?" Harry asked.

"She's here with me Harry. Liam has taken her out for a few hours to give us some time alone. But she'll be back in a few hours." I explained.

I didn't think it was possible, but Harry"s smile got even wider.

"You look great Rosie." Harry winked, changing the subject.

I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Thanks Harry?" I laughed and he winked back. "Really?"

Harry smirked.

"Do you ever think about anything other than sex?" I laughed.

Harry nodded.

"What?" I challenged.

"Food, clothes, Jasey Rae." He listed and I smiled.

"Fair enough." I conceded.

"Speaking of babies though..." Harry began. He lowered his voice and I began to swoon. "Let's go make another one!"

Harry jumped up from the sofa and pulled me into the bedroom.

"Harry!" I laughed. "Jasey Rae's hard enough to handle as it is!"

Harry just grinned.

"Fine." I gave in, and laughed as his grin only got bigger.

"It is my birthday!" Harry reasoned.

"I know baby. Happy birthday." I whispered against his lips.

Harry's fingers found the buttons on my shirt and he wasted no time in throwing it on the floor.

"God, I've missed this." He spoke lowly.

4:00pm
Double Bed
Room 312

"I love you Rosie." Harry spoke, as he kissed my nose. "Thanks for coming over here. Best surprise ever."

"I'm glad you are happy baby. I love you too. Happy birthday." I spoke softly.

Harry and I were cuddled up in bed, after making up for the time we had missed the past few weeks. Harry was lying on his back with his arm around me, while I rested my head on his chest. It was perfect. Well until a knock on the door interrupted things.

I checked the time on my phone. 4pm. It must have been the boys and Jasey back from their day out.

"Harry, get dressed quickly. That's Liam and Lou with Jasey."

Harry jumped up quickly and pulled on his boxers, followed by his t-shirt. I pulled on my underwear quickly and wrapped a dressing gown around myself, before I went to answer the door.

"Mummy, Daddy, we're back." Louis called as the three walked into the hotel room, Thi time with Niall in tow.

Niall was carrying Jasey Rae in, with a massive cuddly toy monkey that they must have bought for her at the zoo.

"Aw you didn't have to buy her anything." I smiled.

"Nonsense. We're her uncles. It's our job to spoil her!" Niall laughed.

"I see you two haven't wasted any time." Louis smirked, and sat down beside Harry on the sofa.

"Idiot." Harry mumbled.

I laughed and shook my head.

"Where is my baby girl?" Harry asked excitedly, putting his hands out in Jasey's direction.

"Down! Down! Dada!" Jasey demanded, making everyone laugh.

Jasey quickly crawled over to Harry and put her arms out for him to pick her up.

"I've missed you so much! So much!" Harry gushed, and kissed her face all over.

Jasey giggled and laughed, happy to be back in her daddy's arms once again.

"Okay, well we're going to leave you to it. Dinner is at half past 5 so we'll meet you at reception around 5. See you then." Liam explained, and with that, the boys left to get ready.

"Harry, you wouldn't watch her while I have a quick shower would you?" I asked and he smiled.

"Course I will do babe." He said, and placed a quick kiss on my lips.

"I won't be long, promise." I assured him.

5:00pm
Reception
Grand City Hotel

"You look amazing babe." Harry smiled, as we got out of the lift.

"You look very handsome youself babe." I smiled.

Harry pushed Jasey Rae in a buggy that the hotel had found for us. She was currently fast asleep, worn out from the zoo and playing with her daddy.

"Harry!" Niall boomed across the reception, and waved us over.

"Subtle as ever." Harry mumbled, and I laughed.

5:40pm
Casa Italia

"To Harry!" Louis joked, and everyone touched glasses.

Louis, Niall, Liam and Sophia, Lou and Lux, and other members of the one direction crew were all sat around a large table in the middle of the restaurant. Wine was flowing, and everyone chatted as they tucked in to dinner.

Jasey became fussy and I sighed, knowing she was hungry and needed to be fed.

"You hungry Jasey baby?" I smiled at her. I dug around in the baby bag looking her baby cutlery and her sippie cup of juice. I ordered a small plate of pasta in tomato sauce and decided to try her on it.

I began to feed her, once the waitress brought it over, but Harry stopped me.

"Rosie, I'll feed her. You can eat. I haven't fed her in ages, and I want to if that's okay?" Harry asked and I smiled.

"Of course babe. Sorry." I said, feeling slightly guilty about all of the things Harry had been missing out on.

"Thanks baby. Love you." Harry leaned over and kissed me quickly, before he turned his attention to Jasey Rae.

Jasey ate small bites of the food and waved her arms around.

"Is that nice?" Harry cooed, and Jasey nodded.

Dinner was over not too long afterwards, and one of the crew told us we had to head over to Madison Square Garden to get ready.

Harry lifted Jasey out of the high chair and set her down. She began to run off with Lux when I called her back, mindful of paparazzi waiting outside.

"Jasey, come and get your coat on please." I called.

"Lux! Come back here with Jasey Rae!" Lou called after them.

Lux ran back to Lou, as Jasey crashed into my legs.

"What are you doing, silly?" Harry laughed and bent down to put her coat on.

"Ready guys?" Liam asked.

Liam, Sophia and Niall left together, ensuring Sophia was protected at both sides. Then Harry and Louis escorted Jasey and I out safely and into a waiting car.

We drove off, and as the shouting and camera flashes died down, my heart returned to its normal pace.

10:30pm
Madison Square Garden

"You guys have been absolutely amazing tonight!" Louis said, and was met by screams from all the fans.

"I can't begin to thank you enough!" Niall added.

"You guys have been there for us from the start, and we couldn't have done it without you." Liam smiled.

"You guys mean the world to us!" Harry smiled.

"There is just one more thing we'd like to say before we say goodnight..." Louis began.

All four boys turned to look in my direction.

I was stood at the side of the stage watching the boys perform. Jasey even had her own special little pink ear defenders perched on her head, so she too could watch her daddy and uncles.

"You guys probably know our good friend Rosie?" Niall continued, met by screams.

My eyes widened at the mention of my name.

"You guys also probably know that our Hazz is madly in love with her, and they even have a little baby together called Jasey Rae." Liam added, and the grins on the boys faces began to panic me slightly.

"Well, we're going to ask if she'll come out on stage with us for a second." Harry asked, and was met with screams from the fans.

I didn't move, too nervous about the massive crowd, and Louis eventually ran over. He grabbed my arm and pulled me out onto the middle of the stage. He led me over to Harry and smiled as he then backed off.

"I love you." Harry smiled, and spoke quietly, avoiding the microphone.

"I love you too." I assured him, confused about what was going on.

Harry nodded and took a deep breath.

"Okay, so I will need some help for this next bit. Jasey Rae?" Harry called.

I smiled as my little girl tried her best to run on stage. As she wobbled on, the fans screamed, but Jasey was unfazed.

She crashed into our legs, and Harry bent down to her level.

I turned to look at the boys. The three of them moved over to the side and stood, grinning back at me. Most of the crew were also standing watching, with wide smiles.

I turned back around, and almost fainted.

Harry was down on one knee, with a beautiful sparkling diamond ring held up.

"Marry me Rosie?" Harry asked, with a nervous smile. The fans screams became even louder.

"Of course I will marry you!" I replied, and the screams continued.

Harry stood up and I pulled him in for a kiss.

"I love you Rosie." He smiled.

"I love you more Harry!"