Be Careful What You Wish For

Introduction

Ashton Riley

My eyes narrowed into slits in attempt to prevent the seizure that would be caused from the heat of the strobe lights, my feet guiding my body through the mess of dancing bodies trying to avoid any skin on skin contact.

Finally emerging through the crowd, the smell of alcohol invaded my nostrils. My eyes wandering around the variously lite club, landing on the desolate bar. I sat on the far end of the bar, my bottom placed firmly in the stool. A couple seats away sat a older man, who seemed to be too indulged with his drinking to notice any of the activity around him.

I uncomfortably shifted in the plastic stool, I felt as if someone was watching me from a far. My gaze traveled around the room, convincing me that it was just my guilt trying to put me on edge.

The anticipation was eating me alive to experience what the night-life was all about, me having no knowledge considering I had the enclosed life of your average rich girl. Oblivious to what lies outside the gates of my own home & school. I want more than that. I want excitement.

"Anything I can get you?" The bartender spoke, his eyes on everything but my face.

I couldn't help but grimace at the perverted look placed on his face, I cleared my throat catching his attention. "My face is up here." A amused grin played at my lips as an embarrassment came over him.

"Uh, Y-Yes." He stuttered, his cheeks flushed red. "What drink?"

What drink?

"You don't come here often do you?" He grinned, taking note of my confused expression.

"You caught me." I confessed, "What drinks do you have?"

I felt myself space out as he went down the long list of different alcoholic beverages, only catching the last name. "Tequila." I requested proudly, feeling confident of my first drink.

"Coming right up beautiful." He winked, turning away to fix the liquor. Ignoring his compliment, I readjusted my black sequined knee-length strapless dress.

"I'll take a moonshine." A deep voice countered from behind me, the boldness hidden within' his order sending a shudder through my body.

"Zayn Malik." The bartender greeted the teenager, who took the seat next to mine. Giving a cheeky smile he turned his focus onto the older-man giving him a smirk. "Mooris."

"Haven't seen you around these parts in a while, where you been?" The bartender questioned, setting my drink down in-front of me. I gave the small straw attention, my lips molding around the tip as I channeled into the conversation that caught my interest.

"I've been around." The teenager, whose name I've come to acquire as 'Zayn' spoke nonchalantly.

"Glad to see you back." The bartender gave a toothy grin before wiping his hand on his pants, "Clock out time."

"Got to go tend to the wife & kids?" Zayn questioned, downing the liquid in the clear glass.

"You know it." Mooris smiled, walking around the bar & granting Zayn a hearty pat on the back. "Stay out of trouble kid."

"No promises, you know my life is a roller-coaster of excitement. " I felt my heart beat quicken at that one word.

Excitement.

Just the guy I was looking for.
♠ ♠ ♠
2 votes/comments