Status: 100 Days Of Oneshots

Wishful Thinking

You Could Be My Hero

"Alex, baby, you home?" Jack called from the doorstep of Alex's two storey home. He got in with a spare key Alex gave to him for suprise visits -- like this one.

Jack was away for two weeks, visiting his sister May and her husband, who lived all the way in sunny California. This was the longest he had been away from his boyfriend, since the boys were basically joined at the hip since they met in elementary school, all those years ago. Their parents supported their friendship-turned-relationship, it's like they knew Jack and Alex are meant for each other.

"Jack, y-you're back?", Alex weakly said then coughed, which threw Jack into a small run towards his bedroom. When Jack caught sight of Alex, he didn't expected to see what he did.

Alex was wrapped up in a blanket, his face sickly pale, dark under eye circles and a mass of tissues and empty tissue boxes laying around him, keeping company to a few pain-killer bottles and two empty movie cases.

"Alex, are you okay? Where are your parents right now, are you sick?" Jack basically threw himself at Alex, laying his hand over Alex's forehead, feeling the heat almost radiate from it. "Alex, oh my god, you are burning!"

"My parents are at work, I assured them I can take care of myself 'till they get back..." Alex whispered and sneezed, snuggling even more into his navy blue bed sheets and Jack trying to hug him. "Jack, I don't want you to get sick."

"Who cares, babe. We can be sick together." He laughed. "I'll make you some tea and something to eat, yeah? You look like you need it. Oh, and a nice massage will make you feel better."

Alex could only smile. "You're fucking perfect. Are you too tired for pancakes?"

"Everything for you, sweetheart." Jack said and got up as Alex mumbled 'cheesy fuck' into the pillow his face was pressed against. In a minute he was downstairs, and Alex heard some shuffling from the kitchen and soon, the sound of a water kettle boiling.

A moment later, he heard a faint sound of 'fuck' and Alex using most of his strenght to yell, "Is everything alright down there?"

"It's okay, I just burned my finger, s'all." Jack yelled back and around 10 more minutes of batter mixing, Jack rushed back to the bedroom, holding a tray with a place of warm banana-oatmeal pancakes, a cup of tea and a box of tissues.

"Jack, you're my hero." Alex smiled and made grabby hand motions towards Jack who offered him the tray, only to have Alex put it down next to him and grab Jack, "You, silly, I wanna hug you." At the sound of that, Jack quickly wrapped his arms around his fragile boyfriend, holding him gently and laying his head in the crook of Alex's neck.

"When was the last time you showered?" Jack whispered and laughed, and Alex smacked him on the back of his head.

"Way to ruin the mood." He said and coughed a few times, before shooing Jack away to grab his tea and sip on it. "Yum."

"Wait until you try the pancakes. May taught me how to make these while I was in Cali." Jack said and smiled at the mention of his amazing sister and her even more amazing cooking skills.

Alex smiled and grabbed his hand. "Thank you. I love you."

"I love you too, you dork."