Sequel: Is There Somewhere
Status: More Rowan and Tyler

18

And then the time we woke up to find that summers gone

Rowen


I had spend the last five days with Tyler. Some how we managed to spend basically every single waking moment together. I felt so completely different when I was around him. He made me feel so happy and every time he touched me I felt as if my skin was on fire, and there were a million butterflies fluttering in my curvy stomach. Ever since our first kiss the night after the party we couldn't seem to keep our lips to ourselves. I knew deep down inside the reason Tyler started hanging out with me was because he was trying to take my virginity, but I felt like something had changed in him. I felt like he actually cared for me.

We walked through the park with our fingers laced, I couldn't help but look up at Tyler and just admire how beautiful he was. I never expected this trip to Boston with my family to lead to this. I never thought I would be the person to have a summer fling with a hockey player that was way out of my league.

“Stop staring at me,” he said with a laugh glancing down at me as we stopped in front of large tree. My cheeks flushed bright pink and I quickly looked away from him. “You’re so cute when you get embarrassed,” he said a he place his hand under my chin making me look at him. I bit my bottom as I stared into his golden eyes.

“I can't help but stare you’re so pretty,” I whispered.

“I'm not pretty, if anyone is pretty here it’s you,” he smiled before pressing his lips to mine.

He pulled away with a huge smile on his face. I looked around wondering why we stopped in front of this big tree. “Why are at this park?” I asked.

“Because you know in cheesy romance movie when the boy craves his and girls initials into a tree?” I just nodded confused on why we were talking about cheesy romance movies in the middle of a park. “Well I decided to crave your name into this tree,” he said pointing at the tree.

I couldn't believe that he actually wanted to do this. “You do know you’ve only known me six days right? I don't think six days justifies craving my name into a tree,” I said letting out a small laugh.

“You’re different Rowen Huntington,” he smiled pulling a knife out of his pocket.

“You sure are laying it on thick with me,” I said causing him turn around and give me a confused look. I knew exactly what he was trying to do but at the same time it didn't matter, I honestly really liked him.

Tyler

I knew Rowen saw right through me in everything I said or did, and I actually liked that about her. There was no bullshit when it came to her. I originally hung out with her because I thought she was cool, but how horrible it sounds I actually wanted to take her virginity. I know that it made me sound like a huge asshole, and probably the biggest dick on the planet. The thing was I just didn't want to take it for no reason, I wanted to take it because she seemed so innocent and pure. I wanted to be the one that changed that about her. I guess any way I looked at it I was asshole, but everything was changing with her. She was making me feel like no other girl had ever made me feel. I actually liked her and cared about her, and I didn't know how I was going to be able to say goodbye here when she headed back to California. This was all suppose to mean nothing to either of us, it was just suppose to be a good time. Yet everything was really changing quickly, and had my head spinning every single moment I spent with her.

I held the knife in my hand as I walked towards the tree. I worked away at the tree craving TS plus RH. I kept glancing over to see that Rowen had an amused look on her face.

“There you go,” I said pulling the knife way from tree. “Not too bad if I do say so myself.” I grinned looking at my handy work. Never in my life did I think I would actually be crazy my name and some girls name into a tree.

She just rolled her dark eyes at my comment. “I can't believe you just did that,” she said before I pressed my lips to hers.

“So what’s our plan for tonight?” she asked as she wrapped her arms around my waist.

I didn’t actually have plans for the night, I knew some of my friends were having a party tonight but I knew that wasn’t her scene. She would rather just hang out with me then go to some stupid party.

“I don't know,” I wrapped my arms her pulling her into my chest. “What do you wanna do?” I looked down at her as she stared up at me as I held on to her.

“I don't know I need to make sure I have dinner with my family tonight. They’ve all been asking way too many questions about what I’ve been doing with you.”

“Why do we go out late tonight and look at the stars?” I asked knowing that we could drive out of the city and find a field to watch the stars in. I knew us getting away from everyone could be super romantic. Who knew maybe we could even have a little bit of fun under the stars. I felt like such a douchebag for letting my hormones run my brain.

She stepped away from me reaching down to grab my hands, “my parents are going to freak out if you pick me up late at night to go watch the stars.” I couldn't help the smile that formed on my face. Their was just something about her always wanting to be a good girl that just made me smile and kinda turned me on in a weird way.

“Then sneak out with me,” I knew I was being a bad influence by trying to convince her to sneak out, but I wanted to see if she would do it.

Pushing her eyebrows together she stared at me as if she was trying to figure out if I was being serious. She blinked her dark eyes a few times as she continued to just stare at me as if I was crazy.

“I can't sneak out,” she finally said as she continued to stare at me as if I was crazy.

“Tell Vera and Serena to cover for you, and sneak out,” I said trying to convince her this was a good idea.

She shook her head quickly and looked into my hazel eyes, “I’ll get caught.”

“You can't tell me you’ve haven't covered for Vera or Serena when they snuck out?” I knew there was no way either of those girls had never snuck out. Serena hung out with some of my friends so I knew for a fact she had.

She still had the same questioning look on her face as she stared at me while still holding my hand, “would you have me back before sunrise?”

A grin formed on my face at the fact that I had just convinced her to sneak out. I nodded my head rapidly, “yes I’ll have you back before they would even realize you were gone.”

“I’ll right you have to pick me up down the street tonight at eleven,” she said before lightly biting her bottom lip.

“I’ll right.”

We didn't stay in the park much longer after I convinced her to drive out of the city with me. I drove her back to her aunt and uncle’s house so she could spend time with her family and eat dinner.

I spend some of the night hanging out with Sam before he head over to Ben’s house for the party that was happening. When eleven rolled around I texted Rowen telling her to meet at the end of the street that I would be waiting for in my car with my headlights off.

I watched her as she held her jacket close to her body as she quickly walked down the sidewalk towards my car. I unlocked the door as she got closer, she quickly got into my car and leaned over the center console to press her lips to mine for a quick kiss hello.

“Are they covering for you?” I asked as I turned the car on.

“Yeah they are and they told me to let you know I better come back in one piece,” she said with a small laugh as she stared at me for a moment before I put the car into drive.

“I’ll to keep you safe,” I said as I drove down her street with the headlights still killed.

As we passed her house I turned on my head lights and made my way towards the highway. Know we had a least a forty-five to maybe an hour drive out of the city. I wanted to get as far away from the city as possible so we could see the stars.

The drive seemed to go by quickly as I held onto her hand as we drove down the high way that didn't have too many cars. I found a field off the highway and pulled over. I hopped out the car and went to the drunk to pull out a bundle of blankets and two pillows. She walked around the car to the trunk and smiled at me holding the bundle of blankets like a fool.

“You came prepared,” she said reaching out to grab the two pillows and sticking them under her arm.

“Of course I did,” I said reach down to grab her hand with my free hand.

We walked quietly across the field about hundred yards out and stopped. I dropped her hand and grabbed one of the blankets and laid it down on the soft grass. I reached out silently requesting her to hand me the pillows and made quick work making us a bed to lay down on. I laid the other two blankets down to keep us warm, and then sat down on the blankets and looked up at Rowen who was just smiling at me. She slowly sat down on the bed next me, I laid back with my head rested on the pillow staring at the night sky. It didn't take long for her lie down next me, and snuggle into my side after pulling the covers up and over us.

We must of laid there for an hour just staring up at the night sky that was filled with stars. We just stared at the sky silently as I held her close to me. I lightly rubbed her back with my hand as I held her.

“How am I going to say goodbye to you?” she whispered.

I didn't know how she was going to say goodbye to me because I didn't know how I was going to say goodbye to her. Our little fling was never suppose to mean something to me, but all the sudden it meant everything to me, and I was left feeling confused by it. I had never felt anything close to what I felt for Rowen.

“Don't worry about that now,” I said staring at the sky. I didn't want to think about saying goodbye to her.

“It's hard not to think about it,” she said looking over at me. I could feel her dark eyes staring at me.

“Rowen just enjoy the time we have together, and we’ll figure out later what happens next,” I knew there was good chance nothing would come out of our two weeks together, but I knew no matter what I wanted her to be a part of my life.

We stayed in the field just staring at the sky until about four thirty when I we knew we need to take off so I could get her home before her parents knew she was gone. The drive back to her place I held on to her hand tightly as my mind kept drifting back to the fact that my time with hers was ending soon. I didn't want to our relationship to ever be this way. I didn't want to care for her like I did. I was to reckless and wild for her. She was so sweet and innocent and didn't need me to corrupt her.

I killed my headlights as I pulled up a few house away from her place. I didn't bother turning the car off. She leaned over the center console and pressed her lips to mine to kiss me goodbye. She wrapped her arms around me neck and held herself as close to me as she could with the center console in her way, she moved her soft lips against mine for a minute before pulling away smiling.

“Thank you for tonight,” she stared at me for a moment.

“You’re welcome Row, thank you for sneaking out for me,” I said resting my hand against her cheek for a moment.

“I’ll text you after get some sleep,” she said as she slowly opened the door.

“Alright,” I said before she shut the car door quietly.

I watched as she quickly made her way into her house as quietly as possible. I smiled as she stood at the door and blew me a kiss before sneaking in.

I started driving down the street and turned my headlights on after I had passed her house. I let out a loud yawn as I drove towards my apartment. As I arrived to my apartment I walked inside and went straight to bed knowing I need to to sleep until at least ten.

I laid in my bed trying to sleep but I was only able to think about a Rowen until I fell asleep.

I knew my time with her was short so my goal was to enjoy every single moment I got with her. In my last few days I spend with her we spent most of it just lying on the couch in my living room, just holding her. I wasn’t ready to say goodbye to her. The moment I met her and knew she was leaving I knew I would never be ready to say goodbye to her.

I would like to think Rowan Huntington made me a better person. I wasn't the same asshole kid after her. Our last night together was something I would never forget. I wanted to spend every single last moment of day with. She caught me off guard when she had ask me to take her virginity that night, that was the moment I knew she was making me a better person. I told her I couldn't be the one to take it, she needed to give it to someone she was in love with and someone who was in love with her. That was also the night I told her she meant too much to me to lose, that we needed to stay friends so we would always be in each other's lives.

Saying goodbye to her was one of the hardest things I had to do. Just standing in her aunt’s driveway watching her drive away was horrible. All I wanted to do was hold her and tell her I would be there for her that I wasn’t going away forever. I knew thought she was never going to see me or hear from me ever again but that wasn’t true. I planned on making her a part of my life forever, even if we only decided to stay friends.

I talked to her as often as possible knowing that I probably wouldn't get to see in person for a while. I had spend many drunken nights after games calling her and just talking to her for hours, probably just driving her insane. I just loved hearing her voice and I didn't think it would ever get old.

I don't know how I was able to only stay friend with her after our time together. If she was only my friend she shouldn't be the only person I seemed to think about even when I was hooking up with other girls she shouldn't be the only thing on my mind.

I guess some people are worth being only friends with if you know you couldn't make it work being together.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the end of this short story of Tyler and Rowen's summer together. If you haven't read the original story about these two you can now it's posted and completed.

Thank you MITCHEAE for your lovely comment.