Total Drama Life

First Challenge

We all headed to the Mess Hall and listened to Chef.

"I serve it three times a day and you will eat it three times a day," he said. "Grab a tray, get your food, and sit your butts down now." Chef threw an apple to me as we all sat down.

"How come you don't have to eat this," Tyler asked from the other side of the table.

"Vegetarian," I said holding up my apple. "And Chef helped me get through boot camp."

"You went to boot camp," Bridge asked.

"And juvie," I nodded. Duncan was going to ask a question when my uncle walked in.

"Welcome to the main lodge," Uncle Chris said.

"Can't we just order a pizza," Geoff asked. I ducked into Duncan's side as Chef threw a knife at Geoff. It was kind of hard to dodge since I was sitting in between them.

"Your first challenge begins in one hour," Chris said grinning. When my team was done eating we went and changed into our bathing suits. Mine was a black two piece that revealed all my tattoos.

"Is it healthy to have that much ink in your body," Courtney commented.

"Shut it princess," Duncan said. "She looks perfect." He seemed to think about what he said for a moment and stuttered. I fought off a blush but the thought disappeared when Izzy grabbed me and ran up the cliff where we were supposed to meet.

"Your task is to jump off this 1,000 foot high cliff and land in the safe zone," Uncle Chris said. We looked down at the lake to see how big the safe zone was. We had about three feet with sharks.

"Bridgette," I called. "We're up."

"Hold on," Courtney said. "Are you guys crazy? We could die."

"Crazy is the best part of life princess," I said before falling backwards. They all screamed and ran to the edge. I watched as Bridge followed me down, both of us landing in the safe zone.

"That was fun," she said. "Let's do it again."

"Maybe another time Bridge," I laughed pulling her onto the boat with Chef.

I waited on the beach and watched the others dive. Duncan came up and sat down next to me. I have to say, he looks pretty good in his trunks.

"Your jump was pretty uneventful," I said.

"Who cares? Your guys' jump was a pretty wicked stunt," he said. "I'm pretty sure Harold peed his pants." We laughed and watched the rest. Tyler hit the dumbbell. Bridgette, Eva, and Geoff made it safe. DJ couldn't do it. Poor Harold did the splits all the way down. Ezekiel hit a branch sticking out of the wall, tumbling into the safe zone.Courtney chickened out too. On the gopher side, Izzy switched with Katie so she could be with Sadie. They both jumped into the safe zone. Leshawna ended up throwing Heather off the cliff.

"What happened," I asked as they came onto shore.

"You don't wanna know," Leshawna said glaring at Heather.

Owen was the last Gopher to jump. The big guy created a giant wave. "Oh crap," I said as the water came toward us. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Duncan grab ahold of me. He held me against his chest as the water rushed over us. As the water disappeared I opened my eyes to see Duncan on top of me.

"You okay angel," he asked softly. I blinked a couple times. I didn't trust myself to answer him.

"And the winners are the Screaming Gophers," Chris yelled into the megaphone. "Duncan, dude, get off my niece!" Just to make Chris irritated I lifted my hand to Duncan's face before kissing him.

"Thanks," I whispered. Duncan sat up wide eyed. I stood up and walked over to Bridgette and Geoff.

"Nice one," Geoff said. I laughed at him watching Duncan. We all walked to the other side of the shore and grabbed a crate. Unlike Courtney, who stopped because she had a splinter, I wasn't being a baby about it.

"Shut up and pick up your crate," Eva said walking over. "Chicken."

"Hey, I'm the only one with CIT experience here," Courtney said. "You need me."

"No we need you to hurry up and move it before I make you," I said moving past her.

"Now there's a girl who can push," Eva commented pointing at me. I stuck my tongue out and kept pushing.

"That's my kind of girl," Duncan said kicking his crate. Tyler dropped his crate saying he had to go to the bathroom. Katie and Sadie followed after him saying they had to go too.

"I don't know about you but I'm not waiting on them," I said.

"I'm with you on that one," Geoff said. The rest of the team stayed behind to wait for the three that left.

Geoff and I arrived at the campsite before the rest of our team. We opened our crates and waited. Duncan was the first to make it back.

"Sorry we're late," he said. "Tweedledee and Tweedledumb squatted in poison ivy."

"Whatever," I said. "Let's just build this hot tub." When we were done I almost smacked Courtney for taking charge. The Gophers' hot tub was perfect. Chris came over to ours and looked uncertain. When he poked at it, it fell apart.

"Well, I think we have a winner here," he said. " The Screaming Gophers. Your team is safe from elimination tonight." I walked away without saying a word. I've dealt with them enough for right now. I went back to the cabin and got changed before sitting on the steps.

"You okay," Bridgette asked.

"I take it the rest of the team is back," I said ignoring her question.

"Yeah," Geoff said. Courtney came up and got in my face.

"What was that back there," she asked. "You left us."

"We were done. I wanted quiet," I said. "Was that too much to ask for?"

"Get out of her face princess," Duncan said walking up. "She didn't do anything wrong." Elbowing her out of the way he took my hand and pulled me up, tugging me over to the totem pole.

"What was that," he asked. "On the beach."

"You mean this," I said before kissing him.

"That was it," he said smirking.

"Would you two get a room," Leshawna yelled from the other cabins. "Let's go get us some grub." I laughed and pulled Duncan to the main lodge.

Chef tossed me an apple as I sat down beside Duncan and Geoff.

"So what do we do now," Katie asked.

"We have to figure out who we are voting off," Courtney said trying to take charge.

"Well I think it should be princess here," Duncan said pointing to Courtney. "Either that or the brick house."

"What? Why," Courtney asked.

"Well you two are the only ones I see wearing chicken hats. And if we ever have to pull a truck I'd have to say that I like the odds with the big guy," I said. DJ smiled at me.

"You guys need me. I'm the only one with," Courtney tried to say.

"We know," Bridgette said cutting her off. "The only one with CIT experience." Courtney and the others started arguing about who they would vote off.

"I've had enough prison food for one day," Duncan said getting up. "I'm going to take a nap. You want to join Angel?"

"I'll be there in a minute," I said lifting my apple.

"Suit yourself." He walked out ignoring Courtney's protests.

"Well I just don't get why we lost," Ezekiel said. "They're the ones without six girls." I stood up, with Eva and Bridgette, getting in his face.

"What's that supposed to mean," I growled.

"Hey home school," Eva said.

"Enlighten us," Bridge ground out.

"I'm just saying. We wouldn't have lost if it wasn't for you guys. Let's face it, guys are much stronger and better at sports than girls are," he said. I lunged at the boy.

"Dude, calm down," Geoff said prying me off of Ezekiel. "Just go find Duncan, girl." Huffing I jerked myself out of his grip and walked out, slamming the door behind me.

"You look angry, angel." I turned to find Duncan leaning up against the wall.

"I thought you were going to take a nap," I said walking away. I decided to ignore his comment. I heard him run after me before grabbing my waist.

"I was but now I can't," he said. We walked over to the campfire and sat down waiting for the others. When they arrived we all claimed a stump.

"Killer bass. At camp marshmallows represent a tasty treat that you enjoy roasting by the fire," Chris said. "Here, they represent life. You've all cast your votes and made your decision. When I call your name, come up and get your marshmallow. The camper who doesn't get a marshmallow must go to the dock of shame and hitch a ride on the boat of losers.Geoff... Katie... Bridgette... DJ... Harold... Sadie... Duncan... Ash... Tyler. Campers, this is the final marshmallow of the evening. It goes to... Courtney."

"The dock of shame is that way," Chris said. I walked back to the cabins trying not to fall over. Man, I was so tired.

"Need some help angel," Duncan asked. He hoisted me on his back and made his way to the cabins. I gave the others the finger when they commented. "Get your jammas and sleep angel." I crawled up the steps and layed on the floor. Duncan laughed and opened the door. Getting up on my hands and knees I crawled into my bed.