Total Drama Life

Awake-a-thon

I woke up the next morning right before the sun rose. I went out and saw my uncle with a blow horn and a megaphone. Sitting on the rail I laughed as the others got a rude awakening.

"Nice pjs Ash," Geoff said coming out of the boys' cabin with the others. Duncan came out and froze. Eyeing the others, mostly Justin who stood frozen on the Gopher's side staring, he walked up to me wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Dude," he said. "My girl." Geoff put his hands up in surrender. I laughed at them and ended up kissing Duncan. Pulling away I went into the cabin to change.

"Morning," Chris greeted. "Hope you slept well."

"Hi Chris," Heather said. "You look really buff in those shorts."

"Shut it, Heather," I said.

"Okay, I hope you guys are ready because your challenge starts in exactly one minute," Chris said looking at his watch.

"I don't know if that's enough time to eat breakfast," Owen said.

"Oh you'll get breakfast Owen," Chris said. "Right after you complete your 20 kilometer run around the island."

"Oh so you're funny now," Eva said. "You know what I think would be funny?" Geoff and Duncan grabbed ahold of her before she hit Chris.

"Eva," Courtney whispered. "Control your temper."

"You're enjoying this aren't you," Eva said ignoring the little princess.

"A little," Chris admitted. "You have thirty seconds." We all walked over to the starting line and got ready.

"On your marks, get set," Chris said. "Go!" We all started running before I pulled Duncan to the side.

"Come on," I said. "If we wait by the edge of the woods, near the main lodge then we won't have to run."

"Sweet," Duncan said. We walked for a while when Duncan stopped me.

"You okay," I asked.

"Yeah. Just wanted to do this," he said before slamming me against a tree. Smirking he lowered his lips to mine. Getting over my shock I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. Grabbing my ass he lifted me up. Laughing I wrapped my legs around his waist. Pulling away I gasped for breath.

"We should probably go," I whispered. Nodding he let me go and went into the main lodge. We waited for the rest of our team when Owen came in holding an unconscious Noah, and Leshawna right behind him.

"Clear a table, stat," Owen yelled.

"We made it," Leshawna said before dropping to her knees.

"What took you so long," Courtney complained as Harold walked in. "We just lost the challenge."

"Leave the dweeb alone Princess," I sneered. "At least he got here."

"Hey, if they lost," Gwen started. "That means we won the challenge."

"Whoa hold your horses guys," Chris said. "That wasn't the challenge."

"What did you just say," Gwen said.

"Who's hungry," Uncle Chris said before revealing a giant buffet. I get the feeling he's up to something. Duncan grabbed my wrist and pulled me after him. He piled his plate full while I just grabbed a few fruits and vegetables.

"That all you're going to eat," Geoff said sitting down on the other side of me.

"Something's off," I told them softly so the other team wouldn't hear me.. "Uncle Chris has to be up to something. He would never make us run 20k then give us a buffet without a challenge." Duncan seemed to consider this before pushing his plate away.

"Okay campers," Chris said jumping on the, now empty, table with a megaphone. "Time for part 2 of your challenge."

"I thought eating was the second part," Owen said.

"What more do you want from us," Gwen complained.

"Weird goth girl is right," Heather bitched. "Haven't we been through enough?"

"Um let me think about that," Chris said. "No. It's time for the Awake-a-thon."

"The what-a-thon," Owen asked.

"Don't worry, this is an easy one," Chris said. "The team with the last camper standing wins invincibility."

"So what you're saying is that the 20k run, and the turkey frenzy was all part of your evil plan to make it harder for us to stay awake," Gwen asked.

"That's right Gwen," he said.

"This is a piece of cake," I said.

"Oh yeah," Chris said. "How so?"

"You've made me and Aaron do it before," I said.

"Darn, I forgot about you and your brother," he said. "I remember you nearly killed him for a cup of coffee. Anyway... Move, move, move!"

"I'll be on the beach," I said getting up. I knew Duncan would end up following. Running to the cabin I grabbed my case. If I had to stay awake then I had to move. Kicking off my shoes I pulled out my violin.

"What are you planning on doing with that," Leshawna asked. Everyone turned out to be curious.

"You'll have to sit down and find out," I told them. Ignoring the rest of their questions I began playing and dancing.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI

"No way," Courtney said. "You know how to play Crystallize?"

"Not only do I know how, I'm the one that did it to begin with," I told her.

"I don't believe you," she said.

"You've watched the video," I told her.

"And how did you get into juvie," Bridgette asked.

"Things got complicated," I said glaring at Justin. I walked back to the cabin with Gwen and Bridgette following me.

"What's going on between you and playboy," Bridgette asked. I sighed and sat down on the steps of the cabin.

"It was two years ago," I started. "Justin and I had known each other for a while so we started going out."

"I think I can figure out where this is going," Gwen said.

"We had been going out for a year when I wanted to do something for him. I went over to his house with dinner and a movie. Hearing music from his room I figured he was studying. I didn't expect to see him and our mutual best friend in bed together," I said. "I went to juvie because my brother beat him when tried forcing himself on me later that night. Aaron got scared and left leaving me to take the heat."

"So that's why you keep glaring at him." I jerked my head up to see Geoff and Trent glaring at the ground clenching their fists. I looked down ashamed of myself. I felt my chin being lifted up when Trent hugged me.

"Duncan would never do that to you," he said softly. "He has no idea what he gave up. For the record, if he touches you, we'll will beat the crap out of him." I smiled softly and hugged him again. Getting up the five of us went back to the fire pit. We talked about out lives before all of this for twelve hours.

"We are twelve hours in with all twenty-one of our campers still wide awake," Chris said.

"Stay awake for twelve hours. I can do that in my sleep." Owen said before falling backwards, asleep.

"I would throw something at him but I'm too tired," I said leaning against Duncan.

"This is the most boring thing I have ever done in my life," Gwen said.

"Could be way worse," Trent said.

"Oh yeah? How," she asked.

"I could be stuck here without you to talk to," he said.

"You two are adorable together. And by the way Trent, you just jinxed yourself," I said. "My uncle always manages to find a way to make things worse." Lindsey chose that moment to do a headstand in front of us.

"What are you doing," I asked.

"Trying to get blood to flow to my head," she said. Heather called Lindsey and Beth over to her.

"That girl is dumb," I said.

"You said it," Duncan agreed. Ten hours later, making it 22 hours into the competition, I ended up sitting on the stump playing with Duncan's hair.

"You know if you keep doing that then I'm going to fall asleep," Duncan said.

"I say we take a swim," Bridgette said. Duncan jumped up and pulled me to the cabins. Laughing I went to change. Coming out I saw that Duncan and the guys were already in the water by the dock. I motioned for Bridgette and Gwen to be quiet while we walked to the dock. Izzy ruined it by running and jumping. Laughing I ran after her and jumped in, landing right in front of Duncan. I pulled him down and brought his face to mine. Kissing me he brought us back to the surface.

"Bridge, I have to say you succeeded in waking us up," I said.

"I'll say," Duncan said pressing his body against mine.

"You know who would make a great couple," Gwen asked.

"You and Trent," I said bluntly. "That and Bridgette and Geoff." All four of them ended up pushing my head under. We stayed in the water for a half hour before getting out to dry. At the 24 mark Geoff and Bridgette bit the dust, along with Katie, Sadie and Tyler.

"Congratulations campers. You made it to the 24 hour mark," Chris said. "Time to take things up a notch." Chef came over dressed as a lamb with a harp. Uncle Chris revealed the surprise saying they were fairy tales.

"Oh he's not serious," Gwen said.

Picking one up, Chris started to read, "Once upon a time, there was inside this boring kingdom, a boring village, but inside this boring village, there were boring children who did very boring things." Cody ended up waking up to Owen farting.

"Is it just me or is Chef now in a tutu," I asked. I didn't get an answer as he started dancing the nutcracker. DJ tied himself to a tree falling asleep. I leaned up against Duncan and listened to Gwen and Trent. The poor guy was head over heels for her. They have so much in common. I ducked my face into Duncan's shoulder as Owen sleepwalked past us, naked. We laid down with Gwen and Trent, pointing out constellations.

"Look at him," Gwen said walking up to Justin. "He hasn't moved in like, 50 hours." I walked up to him and punched his stomach. He groaned and opened his eyes.

"His eyelids are painted," Eva yelled. "I saw it."

"Shut up," Chris said. "I have to see this. That is so freaking cool. But you're still out dude."

It's been 85 hours since this stupid challenge started. I watched as Duncan grabbed a cup of warm water and stuck Harold's hand in it, making him pee his pants. Noah ended up cuddling Cody, kissing his ear.

"I'd kill for a coffee right now," Gwen said.

"I couldn't agree more," I yawned.

"What is the matter with you people," Uncle Chris yelled walking up. That wasn't even the best part. He had a freaking cup of coffee in his hand. "Come on! Fall asleep already."

"Not gonna happen," I yawned. There was no way I was losing this challenge.

"You gotta hook me up man," Gwen said begging Chris. "I'll even eat the grinds. Anything!"

"All right." I looked up at him with big eyes. "The six of you stay with me. The rest of you hit the showers. For heaven's sake, you stink. I didn't want it to come to this. I told Chef Hatchet, I said, 'Chef, I don't want it to come to this. But darn it, these campers are tough. So I've come up with the most boring, sleep inducing thing I could find. The History of Canada, a pop up book, chapter one the beaver" Chris said slowly. "The national symbol and a 'dam' fine hat." We all groaned. As my uncle continued Heather and Eva fell asleep. Trent was pretty close.

"And there he goes," I said as Trent fell forward asleep. It was up to me and Duncan to win this thing.

"Now is the time for a bathroom break," Chris said. "Any takers?"

"I've held it in this long sweetheart," Duncan bragged. "I could go all day."

"Yeah but can you hold it for another ten chapters," Gwen asked.

"You've got five minutes," Chris said. "As long as you don't mind a little company."

"Fine just stay out of the stall," Duncan said.

"Duncan," I yelled running up to him. He stopped and turned around. "I'm not sure how much longer I can go. I need you to stay awake."

"I'll try angel," he said kissing me. He went to the bathroom and I sat back down with Gwen.

"And we have news," Chris said as the cameraman handed him a piece of paper. "It looks like Duncan's taken a dive on the can. I guess it's up to you two." I looked over at Gwen who started nodding off.

"Come on Gwen," I said. "You know you want to fall asleep."

"In your dreams," Gwen said.

"For the record, I've stayed up a week and a half straight without any caffeine."

"That is so true," Chris said.

"Screw it," Gwen said falling forward.

"Looks like we have our winner," Chris yelled. "The Killer Bass receive invincibility." Ignoring the rest of what my uncle said, I fell asleep on the ground.