Total Drama Life

Dodgebrawl

"Come on angel. You slept through the blow horn." Slowly I opened my eyes to see Duncan above me. He smirked and slowly kissed my lips. "Time to wake up, babe." Groaning I rolled out of bed and onto the floor. I heard a laugh and grabbed my clothes.

"Out," I said. "Stupid Harold. Stupid Chris. Stupid competition."

"I'll wait for you outside," he said laughing. I'm the only one that can get him to laugh.

I grudgingly got dressed and crawled outside. Duncan laughed and pulled me up, carrying me on his back.

"I really don't want to do anything today, but sleep," I whined.

"We can sleep later," Duncan said pulling the doors open to the main lodge. Uncle Chris stood there with a smirk on his face.

"Looks like someone was a little tired," he teased.

"Shut it," I whined. "I hate you."

"Would you feel better if you had this," he asked pointing to Chef Hatchet. Chef rolled his eyes and placed a cup of coffee and an apple on the counter. Jumping off of Duncan, knocking him down, I ran for the cup. Grabbing it I chugged half of it down.

"Okay, now you're forgiven," I sighed.

"Good because your next challenge starts in a half hour," Chris said. I looked over at Duncan who was asleep at the table.

"Just because I forgave you doesn't mean I'm awake," I groaned.

"Duncan," Chris said. "You look like crap dude."

"Stuff it," boyfriend said before laying his head back down on the table. Sitting down I laid my head on his shoulder and ran my nails over his back.

"Harold snored all night," Courtney explained.

"Wow, four nights with no sleep," Chris asked. "How much are you hurting, dude?"

"You want to find out," Duncan threatened.

"No no it's cool," my uncle said raising his hands in surrender. Harold walked in with a fake moustache drawn on his face. Gwen came in shortly after.

"Hey it's Gwen," Chris said.

"I am so tired right now," she said as she sat down at her table. "I can't feel my face."

"You and me both. That coffee did nothing," I said.

"That's because it was decaf," Chris said.

"So who got voted off," I asked trying not to kill my uncle.

"Eva went home last night," Chris said. "She had a wicked temper. Anyway, your challenge begins in ten minutes." I stood up and managed to get Duncan up. We walked down to the beach and saw a home made dodge-ball area. As soon as I got the door open, he collapsed on the bench dragging me down with him.

"Again, that coffee did nothing," I said.

"Wake us up and you're dead," Duncan threatened. I laid on Duncan and fell into a dreamless sleep.

I don't know how long i had been asleep but I woke up with a dodge-ball in my face, busting my lip.

"Who in the hell threw that," I growled getting up from where I fell. My whole team pointed to Heather, who was the only one standing on both sides of the court. "You are so going down." I stood up, taking off my shirt to reveal my sports bra, and threw a ball straight at her face.

"Great comeback for the Killer Bass," Chris yelled. "Next game could decide winner."

"We need Duncan," Courtney said. Walking over to Duncan I poked him. His eyes flew open and grabbed my arm. Seeing that it was me he let go, his eyes narrowing at my busted lip. He jumped up from his spot and caressed my face.

"What happened," he asked.

"Heather knocked me off of you with a dodge-ball to the face," I said. "We need two more games to win the challenge.

"I'm in," he said. "But we play be my rules. First strategy I picked up in juvie is called rush the new guy. I like the outfit by the way." Me, Duncan, Courtney, DJ and Geoff took the floor taking on Izzy, Beth, Owen, Justin, and Leshawna.

"You guys have to let me get Justin," I growled.

"You got it babe," Duncan said. Justin and Leshawna threw their balls aiming for Duncan and Courtney, who both dodged. DJ tossed the rest of us a ball and we all aimed at Owen, knocking him out. Next we teamed up against Leshawna who got hit with all of them. Izzy and Beth were close to follow. Duncan and I toook two balls each and threw them at Justin.

"Come on, a little effort out there people," Noah said.

"I think we should do the same thing again," Courney said. "So Harold, you sit this one out."

"But I sat the last one out," Harold complained.

"It's for the good of the team," Courtney said.

This time it was the same team, only with Bridgette, versus, the same team on the other side, only with Trent. We pulled off the same strategy earning the victory.

"Okay so who's going in," Duncan asked.

"I think it's my turn," Harold said.

"No way, we actually have a chance of winning this," Courtney said.

"Stop being a bitch Courtney," I said.

This time the Gopher team was Gwen, Cody, Heather, Owen and Leshawna. Our team was Geoff, Bridgette, Courtney, DJ, and Duncan. I decided to sit this one out. The Gopher team passed one of the balls around until it reached Heather, who threw it at DJ. DJ did this weird ballet thing to dodge. Owen and Cody threw their balls. Bridgette got hit while ourtney dodged and hit Cody. The game continued on forever. Noah got on my nerves so I ended up throwing a ball at his face. This game continued on until it was only Harold and Owen left, I had gotten slammed into the wall. Duncan had gotten out with four balls to the face. Running up to him, I inspected the damage.

"Try not to damage my boyfriend too much you guys," I said.

"Sorry dude, but you've got to go down," Owen said.

"Come on Harold," I yelled cheering for him. "You can do this." Duncan looked at me like I was crazy. Owen threw the balls at Harold who dodged using some figure skating moves and the matrix. The only reason I knew what they were is because of my uncle.

"Time out," Courtney yelled.

"Man you've got dodge," Duncan said. "How'd you do that?"

"Figure skating," Harold said. See?

"Harold that was awesome," Geoff said. "But dodging isn't enough."

"He's right," Courtney said trying to take charge. "The only way to win is if you throw him out or catch the ball."

"Ignore her Harold," I told him. "Just catch the ball and you'll be fine." Owen threw the ball at Harold making him fly into the glass. He slid down clutching his stomach. Grinning he lifted the ball in the air.

"The Killer Bass win," Chris yelled. We ignored the other team and carried Harold out.

"Great job dude," I said. I looked over at my uncle. He was talking on the phone and it looked like he was trying hard not to cry. His eyes flickered over to me and I froze.

"Angel," Duncan asked.

"Ash," Chris called his voice breaking. Duncan walked over with me confused. "I um.. I just got a call from the hospital. Your parents and your brother were in a wreck. They... they didn't make it." My heart stopped beating. Turning to Duncan I buried my face in his shoulder, crying. He led me back to the cabins and sat with me until I cried myself to sleep.